Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like seeing reviews that are with models/specs that most people will drive. I understand why manufacturers (and they ALL do it) give out the fully loaded top trims to reviewers, but it’s nice to see something more realistic for most buyers as Ford will probably sell far more BBs & OBXs than 2.7 Sasquatch Badlands. They didn’t get too in depth there but you could tell he was sending it pretty good and that non sas OBX seemed to eat it up no problem.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for posting, always looking for bronco content to hold me over.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Currently driving similar build as a loaner and I would walk away from it if that was my only option. More on this later. Finally get my BD back tomorrow.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Currently driving similar build as a loaner and I would walk away from it if that was my only option. More on this later. Finally get my BD back tomorrow.
Would love to hear your reasoning, I have a 2 door obx sas lux on order and can still change it. I'll rarely go off road but want the capability if I desire.

OP
OP
1975U15

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good luck. Getting a loaner Bronco while waiting on your BD is fortunate. We landed on OBX by default of course...like many I'd imagine. WT was the first choice until top-gate. No need for BL as we'll do mild off-roading with camping and fishing trips.

Given it's the wife's rig and her only request was a heated steering wheel, we ended up with OBX. Choice made for us sort of the way Ford designed trims. The 2" Rough Country level kit and wheels/tires shortly after we bring it home. Picking up at Granger in a couple weeks hopefully.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He did a pretty good job with the review. This is basically my build so I was happy to hear what he had to say. Seeing him get on it a little bit was nice too.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good luck. Getting a loaner Bronco while waiting on your BD is fortunate. We landed on OBX by default of course...like many I'd imagine. WT was the first choice until top-gate. No need for BL as we'll do mild off-roading with camping and fishing trips.

Given it's the wife's rig and her only request was a heated steering wheel, we ended up with OBX. Choice made for us sort of the way Ford designed trims. The 2" Rough Country level kit and wheels/tires shortly after we bring it home. Picking up at Granger in a couple weeks hopefully.
Don't get me wrong - I see where it fits in. I didn't mean to come off harsh. It's just not for me.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would love to hear your reasoning, I have a 2 door obx sas lux on order and can still change it. I'll rarely go off road but want the capability if I desire.
I will make a write up in the coming days. Mind you - it's all personal preference. It's still an awesome machine.

OP
OP
1975U15

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't get me wrong - I see where it fits in. I didn't mean to come off harsh. It's just not for me.
I didn't take it that way. All good. Looking forward to write up.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I switched to a Basquatch 4-door in hopes of getting my very early res this year, but since that's not happening, I'll be going back to an OBX 2-door in October. I think it's a great deal with the better interior and grill, plus the fact that I can add the 4A and the high package to get every factory part I want and nothing I don't need.

I can shop around and add an aftermarket lift, better wheels and tires, and a better bumper later, get exactly what I want (read: a little more sidewall and poke and a bumper with a winch that doesn't block the camera) without rolling it into a car payment. Will be a fun project and I'll be in the mid-40s out the door pricewise, which is an amazing deal for this package.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good review, thanks for posting. I'm not sold on the Bronco, if I get one, it'd probably be something like this. 99% of the sasquatched and lifted Broncos will never go on anything challenging enough to have needed the larger tires/ lift.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow that OBX looks good in that color.
Sponsored