fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I enjoyed the review. Only negative I heard was about wind noise with the hardtop on. Thanks for posting.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep, that's why I went with Carbonized Gray in a 2 Door.
I have to change colors (RIP AMB) and was dead set on Eruption Green with Velocity Blue coming in a close 2nd. IF I didn't have a Gray similar to CG on our Mazda CX-9 it would be a top contender.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me, the mid-package OBX 2.7 with adv 4wd and locker is the perfect combination of capability and creature comfort at a price I was willing to spend, $50k OTD. I like the body color fenders and mirror and the interior cloth is great, unlike MGV which in NC is a killer in the summer heat. So yes, there are quite a few people that want the OBX. I like it so much, I have another one on order because by the time its built, I’ll be ready for a new one😉.

Currently driving similar build as a loaner and I would walk away from it if that was my only option. More on this later. Finally get my BD back tomorrow.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The best part of the review order one and maybe you can drive in a few years 🤣🤣.
That said for the Zombie thread. Both my wife and I have OBX. With the 4.27 and lockers both lifted. They are just as capable as the rest of the Lineup. More so than a base, big bend if you get the rear locker and every bit as the BD. People like to dog them but it’s the same chassis and power train across the board until you go BL or sas and get the front lockers

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Didn't see this was posted anywhere. If so, feel free to delete @Administrator. This is our family's build down to the color (except MIC) so loved to see it.

Thanks. That's pretty much the OBX that I've been driving for 14,000 miles without a problem. He seemed to be saying that OBX owners aren't interested first in off-road capability (should we be offended?), but actually he finds the non-SAS OBX is much more capable off road than expected. I agree. The tester has the rear locker, as well (see the dash buttons), which adds lots of capability, I've found, in the sand. Thanks for posting. OBX: Have your cake and eat it too! (Sand, That is!)

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I switched to a Basquatch 4-door in hopes of getting my very early res this year, but since that's not happening, I'll be going back to an OBX 2-door in October. I think it's a great deal with the better interior and grill, plus the fact that I can add the 4A and the high package to get every factory part I want and nothing I don't need.

I can shop around and add an aftermarket lift, better wheels and tires, and a better bumper later, get exactly what I want (read: a little more sidewall and poke and a bumper with a winch that doesn't block the camera) without rolling it into a car payment. Will be a fun project and I'll be in the mid-40s out the door pricewise, which is an amazing deal for this package.
Glad you're getting the rear locker, will be worth the small priced upgrade. Its the first locker I've ever had over 50 years of driving 4wd vehicles, and the rear locker is amazingly capable on the beach, where I mostly go off road. Hard to get stuck. Seamless operation, since it comes with the advanced transfer case. I say to future OBX owners: get the locker!

The locker also comes with the 4.27 axles, which adds a little torque over the stock 3.73 axles if you go up a tire size. Mileage? Ive averaged 20mpg over 14,500 miles.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The little OBX loves to be off-road.

Worth it.

OP
OP
1975U15

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. That's pretty much the OBX that I've been driving for 14,000 miles without a problem. He seemed to be saying that OBX owners aren't interested first in off-road capability (should we be offended?), but actually he finds the non-SAS OBX is much more capable off road than expected. I agree. The tester has the rear locker, as well (see the dash buttons), which adds lots of capability, I've found, in the sand. Thanks for posting. OBX: Have your cake and eat it too! (Sand, That is!)
OBX takes some grief from some the hard core enthusiasts and that’s fine. Little bit of Bronco trim rivalry be it doors or builds is ok with me. All in fun

I was always going with 4:27 gears and rear locker with other add ons Lux/tow. It’s been perfect for our needs. Also knew we’d go after market on wheels and tires and after reviews of the GY SAS rubber, glad we did.
Most recent trip we wheeled up to 9500ft in Unitas. Absolutely killed it with ease.

Our build was never going to do extreme wheeling so this set up has been perfect. My only regret is not adding the steel bumper. Can’t believe I didn’t do that and now it’s a difficult mod .

Ford Bronco Auto Trader Review of OBX Non SAS 11A2D3BD-610E-4A77-9C9B-76A96410AEDE
Ford Bronco Auto Trader Review of OBX Non SAS 04ABF25C-87FC-4952-83AF-D0A55DFC3961

Cheers!

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX takes some grief from some the hard core enthusiasts and that’s fine. Little bit of Bronco trim rivalry be it doors or builds is ok with me. All in fun

I was always going with 4:27 gears and rear locker with other add ons Lux/tow. It’s been perfect for our needs. Also knew we’d go after market on wheels and tires and after reviews of the GY SAS rubber, glad we did.
Most recent trip we wheeled up to 9500ft in Unitas. Absolutely killed it with ease.

Our build was never going to do extreme wheeling so this set up has been perfect. My only regret is not adding the steel bumper. Can’t believe I didn’t do that and now it’s a difficult mod .

Ford Bronco Auto Trader Review of OBX Non SAS 04ABF25C-87FC-4952-83AF-D0A55DFC3961

Cheers!
Oh, I really love the look of those Micky Thompson tires! Please share exactly:
1. Which tire (AT?) and exact size/ load
2. Which wheel, size and offset
3. Any lift or suspension modification
4. How is the ride (harsh/smooth)
5. How is the noise at 60-70mph on the highway?
Thanks!

OP
OP
1975U15

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, I really love the look of those Micky Thompson tires! Please share exactly:
1. Which tire (AT?) and exact size/ load
2. Which wheel, size and offset
3. Any lift or suspension modification
4. How is the ride (harsh/smooth)
5. How is the noise at 60-70mph on the highway?
Thanks!
-Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT 295/70/18
-Black Rhino Apache Bronze +12 offset
-2 inch RC spacer lift. Crash bars removed. Also had to run RokBloks flaps up front due to spray outside flare.
-Never hear rubber cuz it’s too noisy with soft top😆

I have driven next to and tires are quieter than most imo. Triple peak rated and awesome in snow which is important given my trips to resort during winter. E rated but super smooth ride. Really don’t notice any difference from stock duellers. It’s not apples to apples but I run Nitto RG on my F350 and those things are much louder.

Very happy with 6k on set.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL I find it so interesting how many of you like the OBX and higher trims. (And can afford them). I was very happy with my two 70's Broncos back in the 70's LOL. Roll down windows, three on the tree, basic stereo, etc. Well maybe not so much with my 71 with the 170 CI six with 100 HP. Those of you than think the 2.3 or the 2.7 is slow you have no idea of slow.

But still the base is so loaded to me. I'd opt for base every time and I only got Sas as it is more like my 70 Bronco with the lift, 33" tires, etc.!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL I find it so interesting how many of you like the OBX and higher trims. (And can afford them). I was very happy with my two 70's Broncos back in the 70's LOL. Roll down windows, three on the tree, basic stereo, etc. Well maybe not so much with my 71 with the 170 CI six with 100 HP. Those of you than think the 2.3 or the 2.7 is slow you have no idea of slow.

But still the base is so loaded to me. I'd opt for base every time and I only got Sas as it is more like my 70 Bronco with the lift, 33" tires, etc.!
I agree with you about the popularity of the higher Bronco trims, despite owning one. I was really on the fence about spending nearly $50k on a vehicle, but I was looking for one specific thing, which unfortunately I couldn't get in the lower trims, and that was adaptive cruise control.

If I really were to have my way, it would have been a base Sasquatch 2 door with the 2.7, manual transmission, tow, heated cloth seats, washout floor, and adaptive cruise control. That's all I was wanting.

Instead, I ended up with the OBX because it had the best looking cloth interior (Roast), the ability to have adaptive cruise control, a locking rear differential, tow package, and the 2.7 with the advanced 4x4 transfer case under $50k (which was a self-imposed limit). The final price was $47,953 which was hard to swallow, but I justified it with quality of life and the decade or so that I plan on keeping it. I can stomach spending $5k per year on a vehicle that I really enjoy.

I definitely didn't want MGV or leather in the Texas summer and I definitely wanted a hard top. So while it was more than I wanted to spend, it was less than I might have spent, and it was mostly what I wanted.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remember, this IS a thread where people are commenting on a review of a loaded Outer Banks, so this is a certain sample! Many of us have had basic cars like those you describe, my '57 chevy pickup that I learned to drive on had the three on the tree, heel-toe start, foot dimmer and not much else. My '68 Scout had three on the floor, the hi-lo range floor shift levers, saddle gas tanks switched by a floor valve. But I wouldnt want to be using either right now to commute 90 miles to one of my jobs, they were brutal on the highway at speed! Would be fun to have one now for occasional use!

For many people here, the Base Sasquatch seems like the best and smartest deal in the world! And it has AC, which I'm sure you remember a time when it was only an option on cars! Hopefully we'll all enjoy our Broncos a however configured!
Sponsored