SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think the Auto Transmission issues with B&P are actually a bug but more like Ford wanting to simplify their build process....

Secondly, I think they underestimated the manual transmission demand and can't produce enough for 2021.

Change my mind.
Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Boy, I love your theory and I'm hoping you're correct. This was a pleasant surprise for me this morning.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Secondly, I think they underestimated the manual transmission demand and can't produce enough for 2021.
I thought this too until I realized we are all enthusiasts here and represent a very very small number of sales. Everyone I talk to about the bronco outside of B6G wants automatic 4 door broncos so this is their selling point. I would venture to say that manual sales will be less than 10% of total sales even if they had manuals right now sitting on the lot. Just look at Jeeps numbers. Heck even look through the posts here and most don’t want manual. (I have been and will always be manual)

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this too until I realized we are all enthusiasts here and represent a very very small number of sales. Everyone I talk to about the bronco outside of B6G wants automatic 4 door broncos so this is their selling point. I would venture to say that manual sales will be less than 10% of total sales even if they had manuals right now sitting on the lot. Just look at Jeeps numbers. Heck even look through the posts here and most don’t want manual. (I have been and will always be manual)
I want a manual a lot more than I want an auto. But I also want the most powerful engine available more than the auto/man matters. So...yeah, as of right now if ordering today it'd be the V6 w/ auto. but im not ordering today, so hopefully by the time I do, they will have changed things.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want a manual a lot more than I want an auto. But I also want the most powerful engine available more than the auto/man matters. So...yeah, as of right now if ordering today it'd be the V6 w/ auto. but im not ordering today, so hopefully by the time I do, they will have changed things.
To the OPs point, they could have underestimated how many people will now be going Auto w/ V6 because no manual V6 option. I do think they could have sold many more manuals with V6 even if they charged us for the manual option (to negate the funds needed to produce a more robust manual to handle the power)

if they come out with a V6 manual I will sell my 21 bronco to get it

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it hard to believe that after going from a 2.3 auto to 2.7 auto it's only $300 more. If not i wonder how much is Ford ripping us off with the 2.3. I mean the 2.7 has twice as many turbos and 3x the number of injectors.

StaticAnalysis

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Auto transmission Broncos will not hold as much value as manual transmissions because manual sells less. In fact, the manual transmission option could even be discontinued after 2022.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think this forum has way more people wanting manual than what they will find in real life. many of us will also settle for the auto to get the 2.7.

angrygrizzlybear

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was wondering why the 2.7L only cost about 300 after adding the auto.

I chose not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but fully expect to drop back down to the high package when they "fix" the B&P.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think they made a boo-boo and used historical take rates of manual transmissions from the current generation F-150 and didn't actually order any.:eek:

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoccerDude

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this forum has way more people wanting manual than what they will find in real life. many of us will also settle for the auto to get the 2.7.
Forget the forums for a second...they have the numbers from the survey they sent. They should have a good estimate.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they mess with pricing and screw up the combo I have Im going to be royally pissed. The mid, auto and v6 at $3500 is fair especially when you have to pay so much extra just to make the jump in trim levels. In all honesty auto should have been standard and I bet the sale rate on manual will be extremely low.
Sponsored