Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used forscan today to get my windows to auto close. For those not familiar if you press and hold unlock the windows open all the way. However, the close feature with the lock button doesn't work by default.

In order for this to work I had to edit the BCM (non as-built). There are entries for auto window open and close. I just made the close options match the open ones.

I also had to edit the door modules, DDM and PDM, to enable auto close as well. Again I used the non as-built so I wasn't messing with hex values.

I noticed on my 4 door when closing the first time you hold lock to close the fronts only go up an inch and the backs close all the way. A second cycle and the fronts close all the way.
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did this on mine as well. I had to do the window reset on the passenger front as it would not close with the others at first, but after the reset, its all good.

dpal16

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did this on mine as well. I had to do the window reset on the passenger front as it would not close with the others at first, but after the reset, its all good.
Hey, I'm having this issue as well with my passenger front window as well. What reset method did you use for this?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used forscan today to get my windows to auto close. For those not familiar if you press and hold unlock the windows open all the way. However, the close feature with the lock button doesn't work by default.

In order for this to work I had to edit the BCM (non as-built). There are entries for auto window open and close. I just made the close options match the open ones.

I also had to edit the door modules, DDM and PDM, to enable auto close as well. Again I used the non as-built so I wasn't messing with hex values.

I noticed on my 4 door when closing the first time you hold lock to close the fronts only go up an inch and the backs close all the way. A second cycle and the fronts close all the way.
Can you provide more details as to what/how you edited these items?

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you provide more details as to what/how you edited these items?
I don't have the details written down. Check out the main forscan thread which has the details.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey, I'm having this issue as well with my passenger front window as well. What reset method did you use for this?
It's this process, but hold for 10 seconds instead of a few seconds at each up/down stop:

Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence:

1. Close the window.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for 10 seconds.
  3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for 10 seconds.
  4. Repeat 2 more times.
  5. shut off the vehicle.
Then, restart it and see if it works.

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what do i have to do to get windows to globally open/close using key fob? any help is appreciated...i do have forscan full version on a 22 bronco

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what do i have to do to get windows to globally open/close using key fob? any help is appreciated...i do have forscan full version on a 22 bronco

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why do these features exist?

Why did a coder spend time creating these options that ford wasn't going to implement? It's frustrating this stuff exists but ford keeps it locked away, instead of either actually enabling it or offering activation instructions in the owners Manual.

Sponsored

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Why did a coder spend time creating these options that ford wasn't going to implement? It's frustrating this stuff exists but ford keeps it locked away, instead of either actually enabling it or offering activation instructions in the owners Manual.

From what I understand this is usually caused by legal restrictions in different markets. In the example of global close, some federal or state law in the U.S. may deem the ability to remotely roll windows up unsafe so it's turned off.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Peta ruined it for all of us. Someone closed the windows on their pet and someone in California complained LOL jk jk.

mhtucker78

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

...some kid got stuck this one time, probably.

For ghod sakes man, "THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!"

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably the risk of fingers getting crushed if you aren't around when windows go up.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's this process, but hold for 10 seconds instead of a few seconds at each up/down stop:

Carry out all steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence:

1. Close the window.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the window is fully open. Keep the window control switch pressed for 10 seconds.
  3. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed. Keep the window control switch held for 10 seconds.
  4. Repeat 2 more times.
  5. shut off the vehicle.
Then, restart it and see if it works.
The nitpicker in me says it is impossible to complete 6 operations each of which lasts at least 10s in 30s :D
Sponsored