Sponsored

Automatic On Demand 4x4...is it worth 10 Benjamins?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know about it. The lower lorange is the only reason I want it. Course it's std on badlands and thats the trim I want anyhoo!
Is it standard on BL? I know it is for the WT.
That’s also the main reason I want it.
Sponsored

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really liked it on my 2018 F150 Lariat. Switched to 4A in any inclement weather. Left it on from November through March. I couldn’t tell you if/when or how often it engaged.

Yeah, I can drive in whatever-wheel drive, I can lock hubs, etc. It is convenient and worked well on my last vehicle. It is a welcome addition on my future vehicle.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

pulled a snowmobile trailer hundreds of miles in 4A with patchy snow covered roads the entire way, will 100% be on my Bronco. It is the one feature on my f150 that I feel is a real safety feature.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

bsnip.JPG

Looks to be included in BL to me.
Just by the way, that original flyer had mistakes in it. You have to check out the website to be more accurate. the website contradicts itself in a few different places though.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just by the way, that original flyer had mistakes in it. You have to check out the website to be more accurate. the website contradicts itself in a few different places though.
That's to be expected this far out. Most folks don't really appeciate how much work Ford has left to get ready for launch at this point in time, and how much can change. So there are typo mistakes, but also changes because things changed...

Sponsored
OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the general consensus is in downpours or snow, it's worth it.

Thanks a lot for spending another thou of my hard earned money

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wouldn't the anti slippery/traction control help with some of the things you guys mentioned rather than spend more $$ for 4A? I never owned a 4x4, just real time AWD (HONDA), which works the same way, when the computer detects it needs to engage 4WD then it will kick in

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’s not as if the two are being offered strictly exclusively of each other. I’ll happily be using 4A during slick/potentially slick on road conditions, and 4H/4lo when off pavement.
Definitely. The other place it'd be useful is turning around in a tight spot on gravel. I've had sketchy spots where I wish I could make a tight turn and have both axles working at the same time.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn't the anti slippery/traction control help with some of the things you guys mentioned rather than spend more $$ for 4A? I never owned a 4x4, just real time AWD (HONDA), which works the same way, when the computer detects it needs to engage 4WD then it will kick in
Yes, traction control helps. But think of it this way: traction control works by applying a brake at the wheel that slips. 4A works by detecting (or predicting) rear wheel slip, and engages the front to mitigate it. So, in one case, you're getting a reaction that robs torque & forward movement by putting on the brakes. In the other, you're controlling the slip by applying additional drive wheels. One is a negative, the other positive in terms of system efficiency.