First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I happy took delivery of my Bronco Badlands 2 days ago after almost a year and a half wait. Everything about the vehicle was perfect.
However there was one issue that I encountered.
While driving I came across and uneven road due to some pothole patching. I live in Chicago so there are many pot holes and many poorly patched potholes. I pulled up my window and used the automatic window feature. As the window was rolling up I hit the pot holes and the car shook, suddenly the window fell all the way down to the open position. I pulled up the window manually and it worked fine. I also used the automatic feature which worked fine as well. I have not gotten a chance to test it by using the automatic window while driving over a bumpy road.
I was wondering if anybody else has come across this issue? Should I be taking the vehicle back to get it looked at??
Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not your specific issue, but many of us are having issues w/ the auto windows (mine is just my front passenger side). About 1/4 of the time it'll go halfway up and stop. My rear windows also don't index correctly - need to have the dealer realign.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It rolled down, didn't just slam, correct? If so, normal. Fords windows detect obstructions while rolling up, and hitting a bump while rolling the window up can trigger that safety mech and roll the window back down.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I happy took delivery of my Bronco Badlands 2 days ago after almost a year and a half wait. Everything about the vehicle was perfect.
However there was one issue that I encountered.
While driving I came across and uneven road due to some pothole patching. I live in Chicago so there are many pot holes and many poorly patched potholes. I pulled up my window and used the automatic window feature. As the window was rolling up I hit the pot holes and the car shook, suddenly the window fell all the way down to the open position. I pulled up the window manually and it worked fine. I also used the automatic feature which worked fine as well. I have not gotten a chance to test it by using the automatic window while driving over a bumpy road.
I was wondering if anybody else has come across this issue? Should I be taking the vehicle back to get it looked at??
Hi there, Luis! I can look into your Bronco's window concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Sponsored