BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exterior lights for sure. Then on the off chance I can stand driving the thing north of 75mph on the highway I’d also do my usual radar / laser setup.
Sponsored

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just thought of an idea - not sure if anyone has already documented it or not:

Supposedly the IWEs (Integrated Wheel Ends) are now electronically activated, not vacuum. As such, it would be convenient to have 2 Aux switches for manually disengaging the hubs - similar to manual hub lockouts.

Being able to manually select which wheel is driven and which is not is very handy in some instances when you want 3 wheel drive (not 2, not 4). 3 wheel drive is advantageous for maintaining tracking on slippery / icy side slopes.

Also, from what I understand, Baja mode automatically puts you in 4 wheel drive. If you want to use Baja mode on the street for a "sporty" feel, just manually disengage the hubs so you don't damage your driveline on pavement.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, from what I understand, Baja mode automatically puts you in 4 wheel drive. If you want to use Baja mode on the street for a "sporty" feel, just manually disengage the hubs so you don't damage your driveline on pavement.
Fairly certain you can still manually switch to 2H and disengage lockers while in Baja mode.
Still not a good idea to run Baja on pavement because of the changes to traction control (which we know about, though that could just be turned off too) and whatever other changes we don't.

Best bet for Sport in those models for which it is disabled is hopefully re-enabling them via Forscan. Won't know for sure for a while obviously, but it's been done on Mustangs.

Although if enough people tear things up trying to Baja on pavement, maybe Ford will just realize how stupid disabling Sport on BL and FE was and fix it.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rocket launcher, afterburners, passenger ejector , oil spray, foggier, siren and lights.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Air compressor, as was said along with lighting. Suppose you could power an amp with one if you upgraded the stereo substantially. Have four on the F350 and I use them all. There is massive benefit to having thing pre-wired to a fuse box.
Which air compressor are you thinking?
So there are six included/available factory installed auxiliary switches (depending on the model you are getting) for the new Broncos. I for one will probably not be mounting six switches worth of aftermarket lighting to my Bronco. So I am looking for other ideas for how to put these switches to use.

I have heard a few ideas already, such as running a mini fridge or winches. What are some other good uses for these switches?

Or what about less practical, but nonetheless amusing uses for them? I was thinking about labeling one of the buttons “DO NOT TOUCH!” and also rigging it to spray water in the passenger’s face if they flip it.

So let’s hear everybody’s ideas!!

C3272160-B1D6-4BD0-8297-B29F66B31FC2.png
what kind of air compressor is everyone thinking for one of the switches?

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So there are six included/available factory installed auxiliary switches (depending on the model you are getting) for the new Broncos. I for one will probably not be mounting six switches worth of aftermarket lighting to my Bronco. So I am looking for other ideas for how to put these switches to use.

I have heard a few ideas already, such as running a mini fridge or winches. What are some other good uses for these switches?

Or what about less practical, but nonetheless amusing uses for them? I was thinking about labeling one of the buttons “DO NOT TOUCH!” and also rigging it to spray water in the passenger’s face if they flip it.

How would it work to wire a mini fridge. Curious how that wiring would work to the black of the truck?

darren

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda passport touring 2wd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It's worth the $200 in the long run and you all know it...LoL!!! Thats a great idea . There s a guy that f's with his girl on Youtube at that level of Prankster. He F's with her truck a lot.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
At least one of my switches is going to find its way to a garage door transmitter. Hoping to take advantage of aftermarket fog light offerings for the modular bumper, will wire another switch to those.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At least one of my switches is going to find its way to a garage door transmitter. Hoping to take advantage of aftermarket fog light offerings for the modular bumper, will wire another switch to those.
Would like to know how to wire the garage door remote ?

Sponsored

hyatthood

Badlands
First Name
Hyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Lux; 2023 Tesla MYP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will wire my radar detector to one so I can turn it off when I have a business call rather than disconnecting the wire from the detector. One down, five more to go.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Starter kill switch for security