Sponsored

Aux switches - are they causing order delay or no?

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered 3/7/22 and my ONLY option was the AUX Switches and I have my VIN and a Build Week.... I don't think you need to worry. Get the switches!!!
4 door right?
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the hold up is NOT aux switches BUT allocation at your dealership.

You may want to ask where you are in line.

I'm contemplating deleting the aux switches and I'm wondering if that might speed up my build date.

Anyone?

Thanks!

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am currently #1 at my dealership with a BL, 2.7, Squatch, LUX, MIC, TOW. Before 6 weeks ago, I was #2 for 7 months (behind a Wildtrak 2 door). My dealer has gotten numerous other Broncos in during that time. Constraints are really messing us up.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone that orders Aux switches and decides they want factory console sunglass holder let me know as I have one to sell. I got an abandoned order and added Aux after the fact. Not fun so if you think you will use at all, keep that box checked.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The sunglasses holder are junk mine broke within two weeks, I’ve seen others say they have broken theirs. I have one sitting here to replace my broken one if we ever get decent weather. Keep the switches the guy that buys the Bronco after you will thank you.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with most that have chimed in. It'll be an easy thing to regret and there's no real way to know if it helped expedite building it anyways.

I went full WGAF and am keeping my Granger build with all sorts of jazz to slow it down further probably. Just added the slide out tailgate last month to my order lol. By the time it's built I'll probably get one of the first of the next generation Broncos... No big deal...

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
The sunglasses holder are junk mine broke within two weeks, I’ve seen others say they have broken theirs. I have one sitting here to replace my broken one if we ever get decent weather. Keep the switches the guy that buys the Bronco after you will thank you.
OK you convinced me, avoiding the broken gadget is worth keep the aux switches.

Thanks everyone for your input!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are my only option (2dr base model) and I ordered first week of Oct 2021, still no hint of a build date!
My base has Aux switches and $295 paint upgrade (was Rapid, now Hot Pepper). I also ordered 6 months before you. Nothing but crickets.

Main constraint is still the hard top. Ford never got that fixed from a "production" standpoint. So, while they are making tops, they are only making about 50-60% of what is needed for actual demand.

Have heard rumors of the transmission being constrained as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
My base has Aux switches and $295 paint upgrade (was Rapid, now Hot Pepper). I also ordered 6 months before you. Nothing but crickets.

Main constraint is still the hard top. Ford never got that fixed from a "production" standpoint. So, while they are making tops, they are only making about 50-60% of what is needed for actual demand.

Have heard rumors of the transmission being constrained as well.
I have a lot of life left in my subaru so I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and wait!
Sponsored