First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU with LS, 79 F100, 73 Cuda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone seen how the wiring end points look on the factory AUX switch panel? Just plain wires or more specific connectors?
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone seen how the wiring end points look on the factory AUX switch panel? Just plain wires or more specific connectors?
It will be just like the super duties. There will be heat shrunk color coded wire stubs at the firewall under the hood. Reason I say that is bc they are not reinventing the wheel with this vehicle. A lot of parts are already being used.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will probably be similar to the Raptor. So just plain wires that end in the engine compartment. Just run your accessories to the bundle and find out which wire goes to which switch and you're good to go! It should be in the owner's manual.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They will probably be similar to the Raptor. So just plain wires that end in the engine compartment. Just run your accessories to the bundle and find out which wire goes to which switch and you're good to go! It should be in the owner's manual.
Hope they have left room in the power distribution box for additional relays.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also be aware that there are two wire bundles in the Raptor.
The aux switches are fused (up to 15A in the Raptor, 40A in the SD, don't know yet on the Bronco) and then routed to the engine bay in a bundle.
There is a second bundle of passthrough wires as well. Not connected to anything, just run through the firewall. Bundled near the switched bundle in the engine bay and bundled again in the driver footwell.

These two bundles often look identical. The owner's manual lists the wire color codes and fusing.

Again, we still do not have confirmation as to the fusing of the Aux switches in the Bronco. May be like the Raptor and may be like the SuperDuty.

Here's a video that shows the location of the two bundles (around 1:30).

Last edited:

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, they are fused, but with or without relays?

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

all 6 switches are fused and all can go to 6 relays 4/5/6 are 5a,1-25a/2-15a/3-10a according to wiring diagrams i just received yesterday.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all 6 switches are fused and all can go to 6 relays 4/5/6 are 5a,1-25a/2-15a/3-10a according to wiring diagrams i just received yesterday.
If that's the final production setup, Interesting that it's different from both the Raptor and SD. Kinda splits the difference between them.

In the wiring diagram you've seen, were any of them capable of being switched from ignition to battery only (like the 40A switches in the SD)?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you post the diagram?

If what you say is true then that is better than the Raptor. The Raptor is as follows:

switch 1/2 >> 15amps
switch 3/4 >> 10amps
switch 5/6 >> 5amps

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"all can go to 6relays..." means what exactly? Do they have relays, or do relays need to be installed?

rlynch356

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender 90, RRC TDi, 200 series
Your Bronco Model
Base
so is any manufacture making a relay box that this will wire into? Something generic I would imaging, like a switch pros or 4x4SPod with no switches.

Having them fused is nice but not really what is needed. Switches should not be used in place of proper relays

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 6 switches are fused. But if you are running heavy duty items like a winch that requires more amps then you need to add relays that handle more power.

I hope that makes sense. If you never need more than 25amps (per rednek) then you don't need relays.

BTW ... if Rednek is correct then only 1 switch is rated at 25amps and you have 2 items needing at least 25amps then you will need a relay for the 2nd item.

"all can go to 6relays..." means what exactly? Do they have relays, or do relays need to be installed?

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you are correct

I run the switchpro 9100 in my Raptor as I needed more amps. I use aux switch 6 to turn on the switch pro and all my lights are wired into the switch pro.

switchpro have a lot of features like dimming and strobe and it is a solid state so no fuse to blow.

Ford Bronco Aux switches wiring 1612288226505

so is any manufacture making a relay box that this will wire into? Something generic I would imaging, like a switch pros or 4x4SPod with no switches.

Having them fused is nice but not really what is needed. Switches should not be used in place of proper relays

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 6 switches are fused. But if you are running heavy duty items like a winch that requires more amps then you need to add relays that handle more power.

I hope that makes sense. If you never need more than 25amps (per rednek) than you don't need relays.

BTW ... if Rednek is correct then only 1 switch is rated at 25amps and you have 2 items needing at least 25amps then you will need a relay for the 2nd item.
Oh, it makes sense, but like @rlynch356 said, that's not very helpful (for me).

If you think about a light bar, maybe a 40", it's ~200 watts. 200/12 is basically 15 amps. You just have to be mindful of how you use them, and I like the idea of full power to the item, so I'll probably install relays, especially for most things. If you had a lightbar that was greater than 200 watts, you'd have to use your 25a switch.

You could never wire a winch to one of the switches without a relay.
Sponsored