Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
of course you need to be mindful.

Just run a switchpro or spod if you need more amps. Relays are old technology that have fuses.

switchpro or spod are solid state with no fuses and you can actually assign fuses/apms to each switch.

Oh, it makes sense, but like @rlynch356 said, that's not very helpful (for me).

If you think about a light bar, maybe a 40", it's ~200 watts. 200/12 is basically 15 amps. You just have to be mindful of how you use them, and I like the idea of full power to the item, so I'll probably install relays, especially for most things. If you had a lightbar that was greater than 200 watts, you'd have to use your 25a switch.

You could never wire a winch to one of the switches without a relay.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why install switches without a relay? That's a rhetorical question, one for Ford to mull.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not sure I understand.

I assume you want you 6 swicthes each going to its own relay where you can designate the amp size yourself?

Why install switches without a relay? That's a rhetorical question, one for Ford to mull.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"That's a rhetorical question, one for Ford to mull."

I am not sure I understand.
It's a question to ponder, one to promote deep and meaningful thought; not so much be answered, but to make a point.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
of course you need to be mindful.

Just run a switchpro or spod if you need more amps. Relays are old technology that have fuses.

switchpro or spod are solid state with no fuses and you can actually assign fuses/apms to each switch.
Relays have other uses than what’s been discussed, including the ability to add multiple normally-open and normally-closed ”dry“ contacts.

I am considering adding a solenoid valve on the fuel line that I can wire to two auxiliary switches, then set in an on/off combination that’s necessary to open the fuel valve. I may also add a switch hidden in the cab or under the body somewhere and use it and one or more of the auxiliaries. Again, just thinking about it at this time.

If a would-be thief tries to steal my Bronco they won’t get far before running out of fuel unless they have the switches set to open the fuel line up. It’s peace of mind when parking with the top and/or doors off.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
and this is why I asked what you meant. If you can't answer it then just just don't reply. No one needs the Philosophical BS

"That's a rhetorical question, one for Ford to mull."

It's a question to ponder, one to promote deep and meaningful thought; not so much be answered, but to make a point.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Could the OEM auxiliary be built to the 10th degree? Sure BUT how many people would really use them? How many manufacturers even offer pre-wired and fused switches?

It is just starting point and if you are the 1% of 1% then you will modify the hell out if it anyway.

Relays have other uses than what’s been discussed, including the ability to add multiple normally-open and normally-closed ”dry“ contacts.

I am considering adding a solenoid valve on the fuel line that I can wire to two auxiliary switches, then set in an on/off combination that’s necessary to open the fuel valve. I may also add a switch hidden in the cab or under the body somewhere and use it and one or more of the auxiliaries. Again, just thinking about it at this time.

If a would-be thief tries to steal my Bronco they won’t get far before running out of fuel unless they have the switches set to open the fuel line up. It’s peace of mind when parking with the top and/or doors off.

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could the OEM auxiliary be built to the 10th degree? Sure BUT how many people would really use them? How many manufacturers even offer pre-wired and fused switches?

It is just starting point and if you are the 1% of 1% then you will modify the hell out if it anyway.
Yes, we agree. I was adding my .02 about a reason to add your own auxiliary relays.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can get active antitheft from factory that way you don't have to wire up 2 DIS coils to the door handle of your Ranchero and have half the electrical melt down when some one tries breaking in (don't ask how i know this).🤭

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay I am wildly out of practice when it comes to wiring (and have virtually no experience adding that into the automotive realm). It occurs to me that some of the things people have thought about hooking up use some sort of momentary switch (horn, garage door opener), but that these aux switches are latching (and powered).

Could something like this be used to enable an aux switch to function as a momentary switch for these kinds of devices?
https://www.uhs-hardware.com/produc...module-w-relay-output?variant=31395707060291/
Ford Bronco Aux switches wiring SLM-SA-026Q_2048x2048

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
and this is why I asked what you meant. If you can't answer it then just just don't reply. No one needs the Philosophical BS
I think we all need the philosophical BS, as it is one of the several things that separates man from beast. Cogito, ergo sum.

To answer your question, yes.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay I am wildly out of practice when it comes to wiring (and have virtually no experience adding that into the automotive realm). It occurs to me that some of the things people have thought about hooking up use some sort of momentary switch (horn, garage door opener), but that these aux switches are latching (and powered).

Could something like this be used to enable an aux switch to function as a momentary switch for these kinds of devices?
https://www.uhs-hardware.com/produc...module-w-relay-output?variant=31395707060291/
SLM-SA-026Q_2048x2048.jpg
This device requires a momentary contact input, so at a quick glance the auxiliary switches can’t be used directly to trigger it, otherwise it may continually activate if the auxiliary switch is left set on. You’d have to flick the switch on and then off (a manual momentary switch function) for this device to work properly.
Sponsored