MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know what the pre run wires means exactly? I have never had a vehicle that came with aux switches. Do they run to a bank in the engine bay that makes it plug and play?

I wonder what it would look like to set up your own lights with something like that. This is from the Badlands trim.

5ADDA71B-5606-45F8-B86F-458C91A245CF.jpeg
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know what the pre run wires means exactly? I have never had a vehicle that came with aux switches. Do they run to a bank in the engine bay that makes it plug and play?

I wonder what it would look like to set up your own lights with something like that. This is from the Badlands trim.

5ADDA71B-5606-45F8-B86F-458C91A245CF.jpeg
I am for sure adding more lights so I want to know the answer to this.
Also how does ford wire up the light bar on the roof?
I assume the light pods on the mirrors just run wires under the hood but does anyone know for sure.
I have seen video with these extra lights turned on , on the prototype shown at Colorado. So they do work and are not just a for show.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Typically" the wires run to a fuse box under the hood.
The super duty has these switches too. Does anyone have photos of the way they work in the super duty?

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used them to run lights in the front and the back (reverse) of my Raptor. My reverse lights can be switched on with an upfitter or they come on automatically with reverse, I used a diode to protect the circuit. You could connect to the under the hood by the battery or in the passenger kick panel. There is a newer version on the 2020 that looks better. The first 2 on mine were 15 amp, second 2 10 amp and the last ones 5 amp. Just search for upfitter switches and you will find lots of info on the web.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The auxiliary switches are fused and prewired, there is a bundle in the engine bay and also a bundle in the cab. All you need to do is run the power wire from your lights to the bundle and of course you have a ground wire from your lights that you have to ground.

Switch 1 and 2 will be 15 amps each
Switch 3 and 4 will be 10 amps
Switch 5 And 6 will be 5 amps

Pick the switch that best matches your lights in terms of amperage.

If you have the need for more amps then you will have to grab a relay and the oem switch will turn the relay on and off ... and the lights now are wired into the relay as the relay has a bigger fuse.

Don’t worry it is simple. The owner’s manual will have instructions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MVP

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The auxiliary switches are fused and prewired, there is a bundle in the engine bay and also a bundle in the cab. All you need to do is run the power wire from your lights to the bundle and of course you have a ground wire from your lights that you have to ground.

Pick the switch that best matches your lights.

If you have the need for more amps then you will have to grab a relay and the oem switch will turn the relay on and off.

Thanks a bunch. Pre-wired sounds like it will be a breeze. The hardest part for me is always how to run wires behind trim.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Routing wires is not fun. And don’t forget if you were doing this yourself then you will also need to install the actual switches. Ford is hooking us up here.

It is really a plug and play system and you guys will love it.

Thanks a bunch. Pre-wired sounds like it will be a breeze. The hardest part for me is always how to run wires behind trim.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pick the switch that best matches your lights.

If you have the need for more amps then you will have to grab a relay and the oem switch will turn the relay on and off.

Interesting thanks. It's just as I thought, you run the doodad from the lights to the doohickey under the hood. ?

OP
OP
MVP

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Routing wires is not fun. And don’t forget if you were doing this yourself then you will also need to install the actual switches. Ford is hooking us up here.

It is really a plug and play system and you guys will love it.
Yeah I’m really excited about that part.

I bought 4 pod lights for my 2017 Colorado. I was going to install them myself and run the wires. The wires that came with the lights wouldn’t easily reach my fog light mounts. I got my step bit out to make the hole in the trim piece I almost broke when I removed it. I promptly set the drill down and called my local stereo installer to see if I could come by and have them do it. :D

With this system I’m gonna have some fun.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The super duty has these switches too. Does anyone have photos of the way they work in the super duty?
My super duties have had a bundle of wires under the drivers side dash that are tied to the upfitter switches. Super easy to wire stuff to the switches.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Aux Switches with Pre-run Wires IRVxkqIjJ5wHaFj?w=212&h=180&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.35&pid=1
These are hands down one of the best things to have if you plan on adding lights, compressors, really any accessory. They are pre-wired for power, fused with different amp ratings. All you have to do is 'ground' whatever you're adding and wire in the hot. They are color coded and Ford generally provides a schematic and individual switch AMP ratings (I used them heavily on my Ford trucks). So much nicer than finding a hole in a firewall, creating a hole, wiring to a battery terminal or splicing into something.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s not just for lights , there are many other accessories to power. I added a rear locker to my Jeep, I have an aux switch for locker activation.
Sponsored