Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[Last Updated 5-6-2022]

For folks who are going to ask, this was done on a 4 door, 2.3L, non-Sas, soft top, Outer Banks Lux.

IMPORTANT: Your configuration might be different and cause you to need a different harness than what I did. It is entirely possible your Bronco was built differently. Before you begin, I recommend getting with your parts guy to confirm which harness and parts are correct for your specific build. You will need check the pins on all your related harnesses coming from the BCM up the driver A-Pillar and down the passenger side to determine adequacy. It is entirely possible that your Bronco A-Pillar harness was not pinned from the factory & you will need extra efforts (not covered here). Lastly, if your fuse box does not have the aux fuse pins in place, you will need to speak to your local parts guy to obtain a replacement box equipped with all the necessary fuse connections. See posts 100+ for additional images and discussion on this.

I took TONS of pictures, which you can download and sort by their respective date/time stamp as a visual aid. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1W4w8jAuNS2ksrwHCcVZ68Dddv5unJrHg

In the simplest of explanation of how do this for those who can't wait for the detailed write up.

Parts Needed (Confirm W/Your Local Ford Dealer For Your Specific Model -

Outerbanks Lux

Overhead Trim Panel: M2DZ-78519A70-JC (Includes 6 Aux Switches)
A-Pillar Wire Harness: M2DZ-14335-C
BCMC/Fuse Junction Panel Assembly (Fuse Box): MB3Z-14A068-NBA

Base
Overhead Trim Panel: M2DZ-78519A70-JC
A-Pillar Wire Harness: M2DZ-14335-G
BCMC/Fuse Junction Panel Assembly (Fuse Box): MB3Z-14A068-Z

Big Bend
Overhead Trim Panel: M2DZ-78519A70-JC A-Pillar Wire Harness: M2DZ-14335-J
BCMC/Fuse Junction Panel Assembly (Fuse Box): MB3Z-14A068-Z

Tools needed (Shop Dog Optional) 🐕
1. Trim panel tools
2. 7mm socket
3. 8mm socket
4. 10mm socket
5. 15mm socket
7. Torx T20 bit.
8. Torx T30 bit.
9. J2534 Compliant Scan Tool
10. Laptop loaded with the Ford Diagnostic & Repair System (FDRS) software (configure your scan tool before using). Here are the websites to download the FDRS software and buy a license (was $50 for a 2-day last I checked)
11. A test light.

Instructions
1. Retract soft top.
2. Remove trim starting with the "oh shit" handle on passenger and driver sides.
3. Remove small header trim panel pieces near the soft top latch (both sides).
4. Remove the A-pillar airbag plastic trim from the a-pillar panel assembly (both sides).
5. Remove the airbag trim from above driver and passenger roll bar.
6. Loosen hardware mounting the driver and passenger airbags to the roll bar and the clip fastening the airbags to the a pillar (they'll hang freely).
7. Remove driver and passenger trim panel below the "oh shit" handle.
8. Add 3M Masking Tape around the visor mounting point (this will prevent scratching up your header panel). Remove and disconnect driver and passenger visors & visor clip.
9. Pull a-pillar panels out carefully, exposing the factory harness on either side.
10. Pull header panel above visor location, disconnecting the wire harness mounts.
11. Pull dome light assembly down carefully disconnecting all connections to the mirror, dome assembly, microphone, etc.
12. Swap dome assembly, retaining the microphone from the old dome assembly with the sunglass holder.
13. Replace harness with new harness equipped with the connection for the upfitter switches.
14. Reassemble, working steps 13 backward to 1.
15. Move on to replacing the Fuse Junction Panel Assembly (BCMC). First, using your J2534 compliant scan tool plugged into your OBD port and laptop with FDRS software, begin by starting the PMI process in FDRS for the BCMC Module. Follow the on screen prompts. It is crucial you make sure your laptop is powered at all times & does not power down mid-install.
16. When instructed, get back under the under hood, disconnect the battery and start swapping the Fuse Junction Panel Assembly/ Battery Junction Box with the one including support for the aux switches. Once swapped, reconnect the battery and get back to the laptop.
17. In FDRS, complete the on screen instructions to finish the PMI Process. You might get a Procedure Unsuccessful error indicating the BCMC has a parts mismatch. Go ahead and move on to the next step.
18. Go back to FDRS, download/run the BCMC Module C Configuration. Follow the on screen prompts until you have confirmed the programming was successful. (This will be necessary to avoid DTC's due to the BCMC with a different part number.)
19. Check your switches and aux wiring with a test light for functionality.
20. Marvel at your work.

Time to install
1.5-2 hours (less for an experienced tech)

Overhead Wire Assembly Swap // Interior Tear Down // Switch Dome Light Assembly Install
Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_195738

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_204421

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_204845

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_202602

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_203437

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_203457

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_203708

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_204148

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_210237

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_214042

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_213400

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_213501

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos ZomboDroid 29012022194511

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.15.40 PM

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_213929

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_214455

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_215024

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_233652

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220131_093040

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220130_232143

Install of BCMC-C w/suppport for Aux Switches

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Bronco wiring BJB

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Bronco wiring switches

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Bronco wiring upfitter relays cont

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220410_100927

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220410_101111

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220410_102226

New BCMC Programming

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220410_113010

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 20220410_112407

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos ZomboDroid 23122021101218

Test Light Wired To AUX1

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Screenshot_20220410-105801_Gallery

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Screenshot_20220410-105849_Gallery

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Screenshot_20220410-105831_Gallery

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Screenshot_20220410-105915_Gallery

Shout out to @1Five1 Garage for their video on pulling apart the header panel. It was a huge help to get things started!

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.15.40 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sharing one other shout out to Hayley at Mangold Ford's Parts Department.

Their staff made this happen. They are knowledgeable and who we can thank for all the diagrams I've shared. If you need the right harness & dome with the switches, give Hayley and her team an email, call or a visit if you live in Illinois.

[email protected]
(309) 467-2344
1100 W Center Street, Eureka IL

OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well damn! You did it!! Confirming you only needed the two part numbers. Is that right?
Harness, dome assembly, fuse panel assembly and fuses for under the hood.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good video, but they didn't search far enough. My guess is that there is a switch harness connector at the base of one of the A-pillars behind the dash/footwell.
So all the connectors were in the A-pillars then?

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keith Dunford

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.texascompletebronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the fuse panel for the switches under the hood? There’s no fuse holder in the 6 slots for the switches
It's fed by F2. Not how I would've done it but hey, no one asked me.

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos 1643659544707

Sponsored
OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the fuse panel for the switches under the hood? There’s no fuse holder in the 6 slots for the switches
From what it looks like, after everything is good in the cab, drop in the fuses and you're good to go. That will provide power to the leads under the good. I'm waiting for fuses to arrive tomorrow and can confirm at that time.

Keith Dunford

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.texascompletebronco.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what it looks like, after everything is good in the cab, drop in the fuses and you're good to go. That will provide power to the leads under the good. I'm waiting for fuses to arrive tomorrow and can confirm at that time.
So last night I installed my switches from Aux Beam, I was trying to find a fuse for "key-on" that I could tap into, I figured I would try the fuse for AUX 1-6 in the engine bay, the slots are there but the the internals are missing.

OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ran to the auto parts store for fuses as I grew impatient waiting. Unfortunately, I will need to pin the circuits on the fuse box to add the fuses for banks 60-65.

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos ZomboDroid 31012022185711

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For folks who are going to ask, this was done on a 4 door, 2.3L, non-Sas, soft top, OuterBanks Lux. Your configuration might cause you to need a different harness than what I did, so I recommend getting with your parts guy to confirm which harness is right for you.

I took TONS of pictures and will try to organize them in a more detailed write up on the install. In the simplest of explanation of how do this for those who can't wait.

Instructions
1. Retract soft top.
2. Remove trim starting with the "oh shit" handle on passenger and driver sides.
4. Remove the A-pillar airbag plastic trim from the a-pillar panel assembly (both sides).
6. Loosen hardware mounting the driver and passenger airbags to the roll bar and the clip fastening the airbags to the a pillar (they'll hang freely).
8. Remove and disconnect driver and passenger visors & visor clip.
9. Pull a-pillar panels out carefully, exposing the factory harness on either side.
10. Pull header panel above visor location, disconnecting the wire harness mounts.
11. Pull dome light assembly down carefully disconnecting all connections to the mirror, dome assembly, microphone, etc.
12. Swap dome assembly, retaining the microphone from the old dome assembly with the sunglass holder.
13. Replace harness with new harness equipped with the connection for the upfitter switches.
15. Marvel at your work.

Tools needed
1. Trim panel tools
2. 7mm socket
3. 8mm socket
4. 10mm socket
5. Torx T20 bit.
6. Torx T30 bit.
(Shop Dog Optional) 🐕

Time to install

Ford Bronco Aux Upfitter Overhead Switches installed! - DIY writeup instructions & photos ZomboDroid 31012022185711

View attachment 257749

View attachment 257753

Shout out to @1Five1 Garage for their video on pulling apart the header panel. It was a huge help to get things started!
you have nerves of steel and guts of old bull. OMG, you did it!! I would have pooped in my pants at the site of everything taken down!

Pixel R

Outer Banks
First Name
Pixel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tacoma 2016
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For folks who are going to ask, this was done on a 4 door, 2.3L, non-Sas, soft top, OuterBanks Lux. Your configuration might cause you to need a different harness than what I did, so I recommend getting with your parts guy to confirm which harness is right for you.

I took TONS of pictures and will try to organize them in a more detailed write up on the install. In the simplest of explanation of how do this for those who can't wait.

Instructions
1. Retract soft top.
8. Remove and disconnect driver and passenger visors & visor clip.
15. Marvel at your work.

Tools needed
1. Trim panel tools
2. 7mm socket
3. 8mm socket
4. 10mm socket
5. Torx T20 bit.
6. Torx T30 bit.
(Shop Dog Optional) 🐕

Time to install

View attachment 257749

View attachment 257753

That's really awesome! We have the same trim except mine is High package. What is the part number for the AUX switch if i will do mine as well?
Sponsored