First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's definitely a fair amount to tear down to install and a little time consuming, which is the biggebut I do think anyone with some technical knowledge, the patience, and tools can probably do it.

For that purpose I totally agree. 4x4TruckLEDs sells the wire to switch the OEM fog harness over to an aftermarket. Plug and play and will retain the factory fog light button functionality.
Perfect - thanks Rusty
Sponsored

speedup

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@RustysBronco

Thank you for the write up. I just purchased a 2023 Outer banks (w/2.7L) with 314a high/lux package, and no aux switches :facepalm:.

I have a couple questions, I am looking for the parts you listed in post #2 and it looks like fuse box MB3Z-14A068-NBA has been replaced with part MB3Z-14A068-Z. The wire assembly part M2DZ-14335-C has been replaced with M2DZ-14335-J, and the console part number is the same.

Is it OK to use these updated part numbers, or do I need to find those specific ones.

For the programming, I have seen a couple posts saying that you DO NOT need to do any programming and this whole thing is just plug and play swapping the above parts, and others say that you do need to program. Is there a clear answer on if programming is needed for a 2023?

I am loving this truck and really want to add these switches to it. Any help or advice given would be greatly appreciated.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did not do the programming. I do throw an error in the Body Control Module (BCM), which I can see in Forscan, but can’t clear. I’m not sure whether it’s the switch or fuse box, but assume the latter. I’ve had my Bronco in to the dealer for warranty work, and they never said anything about the code.

The cost of the programming tool is pretty prohibitive for one use. Panda Motors has a remote Forscan service, but you have to buy the OBD module. I was hoping someone might launch a service with a loaner module. Otherwise, I may ask the dealer to clear the code at some point, or just live with it.

OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RustysBronco

Thank you for the write up. I just purchased a 2023 Outer banks (w/2.7L) with 314a high/lux package, and no aux switches :facepalm:.

I have a couple questions, I am looking for the parts you listed in post #2 and it looks like fuse box MB3Z-14A068-NBA has been replaced with part MB3Z-14A068-Z. The wire assembly part M2DZ-14335-C has been replaced with M2DZ-14335-J, and the console part number is the same.

Is it OK to use these updated part numbers, or do I need to find those specific ones.

For the programming, I have seen a couple posts saying that you DO NOT need to do any programming and this whole thing is just plug and play swapping the above parts, and others say that you do need to program. Is there a clear answer on if programming is needed for a 2023?

I am loving this truck and really want to add these switches to it. Any help or advice given would be greatly appreciated.
Your parts are probably okay, as these part numbers do change time to time. Maybe have parts dept double check against a unit on the lot. As far as programming, I wouldn't want to give guidance that creates future servicing issues at your dealer or with Ford. My recommendation would be to get it programmed but to @mdk100's point, you might have a dealer who really doesn't care.
Sponsored