Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Give Mangold Ford a call. Reference the thread and they'll get you what you need. They might use your VIN to see what you don't have but more than likely you'll need everything shown on pg 1 of the thread. Wiring under hood is present on all Broncos as I imagine Ford didn't want to go crazy making a ton of different harnesses for under the hood.
Just got my parts quote from Brady at Mangold Ford Parts! I have attached it for everyone to see the new part numbers from Ford. Next on my list is getting the least expensive scanner tool & software licensing!
THANK-YOU RUSTY!!!
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got my parts quote from Brady at Mangold Ford Parts! I have attached it for everyone to see the new part numbers from Ford. Next on my list is getting the least expensive scanner tool & software licensing!
THANK-YOU RUSTY!!!
Ok, so my base model will require a different wiring harness part # than the OBX that is shown. So for anyone with a base model, I will add the new wiring harness part # when Mangold Ford gets it to me. Big shout to Mangold Ford's Brady & Haley, who already have kits in stock specifically for doing this!

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks to you Rusty, & to Brady at Mangold Ford!!
I now have my AUX switches installed & functioning!!
:)(y)

Last edited:

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The harness part # for my Base model is on my attached AUX switch kit invoice from Mangold Ford. 😎👌

Attachments

Sponsored

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The harness part # for my Base model is on my attached AUX switch kit invoice from Mangold Ford. 😎👌
Did you need to do the programming steps that Rusty listed out in his steps?

Also, interesting, I also have Base Bronco and I received different part numbers than yours:

M2DZ 14335 G - Wire harness
M2DZ 78519A70 JD - Console assembly

Is that normal to have different part #'s based on specific VINs even if we both have Base models? Maybe cuz yours is a 2 door and mines 4...

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you need to do the programming steps that Rusty listed out in his steps?

Also, interesting, I also have Base Bronco and I received different part numbers than yours:

M2DZ 14335 G - Wire harness
M2DZ 78519A70 JD - Console assembly

Is that normal to have different part #'s based on specific VINs even if we both have Base models? Maybe cuz yours is a 2 door and mines 4...
I ordered all (3) parts from Mangold Ford based on my VIN #.
I am not sure about the part # differences?
My harness did not have the extra plugs for the lighted visors, due to being a Base model.
The console assembly may just be an older part #, or an updated Ford part #?
They seem to change periodically.
As far as the programming, my BCMC seemed to be unable to recognize the new junction box, but there are no DTCs & all is working fine. I may try to get the dealership to try to get it to allow my VIN # to recognize it as a new part, but who knows? I also have wondered if it is because Rusty has a 2021 & mine is a 2022, so there may be something different about the software/programming rules between the year models, but it is looking to be something above my programming skill set? Sorry to ramble! Just do not worry about messing up your truck, you will be so much happier once you get it done!

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered all (3) parts from Mangold Ford based on my VIN #.
I am not sure about the part # differences?
My harness did not have the extra plugs for the lighted visors, due to being a Base model.
The console assembly may just be an older part #, or an updated Ford part #?
They seem to change periodically.
As far as the programming, my BCMC seemed to be unable to recognize the new junction box, but there are no DTCs & all is working fine. I may try to get the dealership to try to get it to allow my VIN # to recognize it as a new part, but who knows? I also have wondered if it is because Rusty has a 2021 & mine is a 2022, so there may be something different about the software/programming rules between the year models, but it is looking to be something above my programming skill set? Sorry to ramble! Just do not worry about messing up your truck, you will be so much happier once you get it done!
Oh interesting, Ford Parts shows that the part # you got from Mangold is the one with autodim rearview mirrors and such (https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/wire-looms-and-connectors/wire-14913569-1?pdp=y). Maybe it doesn't really matter between the two.

Appreciate your advice - I feel prettty confident with physically installing the switches, where I get nervous is when I need to start programming stuff haha. But fingers crossed, hopefully it works without it.

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh interesting, Ford Parts shows that the part # you got from Mangold is the one with autodim rearview mirrors and such (https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/wire-looms-and-connectors/wire-14913569-1?pdp=y). Maybe it doesn't really matter between the two.

Appreciate your advice - I feel prettty confident with physically installing the switches, where I get nervous is when I need to start programming stuff haha. But fingers crossed, hopefully it works without it.
I think it will work without, so no worries!
I do get a bit of anxiety with the programming aspect, too!!
:LOL:

Sponsored

Cardboardbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey Rusty, I plan on doing this since I realized after my bronco got scheduled that the aux option was lost by my dealer in the 22 to 23 order transition.

I’m pretty nervous of breaking some clip or something to the A-pillar or overhead assembly. Is that really a concern? Or are the panels pretty easy to come off and back on? Does everything go back on snug without added rattles? Really appreciate the help you put into this topic

OP
OP
RustysBronco

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Rusty, I plan on doing this since I realized after my bronco got scheduled that the aux option was lost by my dealer in the 22 to 23 order transition.

I’m pretty nervous of breaking some clip or something to the A-pillar or overhead assembly. Is that really a concern? Or are the panels pretty easy to come off and back on? Does everything go back on snug without added rattles? Really appreciate the help you put into this topic
Pretty easy to clip & unclip. Just take your time & don't go prying on stuff that doesn't want to give and you should be ok.

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In the Middleton video, they show that it worked without the FDRS re-programming. What's the danger if you don't re-program the BCMC?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those that have had to replace their fuse box, those three bolts that go into the plugs underneath... Are they screwing into metal threads or plastic?

I haven't replaced my fuse box, but I know tightening those are part of the OCD checklist. Problem is I tighten them, and they seem like they get loose again. And I was thinking of either putting thread lock on them, or maybe I'm just not tightening them enough.... But if they're going into plastic I have to be careful.

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those that have had to replace their fuse box, those three bolts that go into the plugs underneath... Are they screwing into metal threads or plastic?

I haven't replaced my fuse box, but I know tightening those are part of the OCD checklist. Problem is I tighten them, and they seem like they get loose again. And I was thinking of either putting thread lock on them, or maybe I'm just not tightening them enough.... But if they're going into plastic I have to be careful.
I just did this on the weekend and had the same "scare". They felt like they were tightening, and then popped. I went further and they tightened properly. I didn't look closely at it afterward, but it felt like they needed to "seat" on the fuse panel before threading in to the bottom part. I hope that makes sense.
Sponsored