Sponsored

Auxiliary Reverse Lights Wiring Path to Rear Bumper?

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got the T-Rex / ZROADZ Rear Bumper LED kit. Looking for advice on where to route the harness? I assume outside the cab under the body along the frame, probably the passenger side (avoid the exhaust).

If that's a viable path, what have people done to feed the harness over the rear suspension?

The driver side has the brake lines, and I could follow that, but they go up and over the frame on my 2-Door just in front of the rear wheels.

Just looking for any advice to save time! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not remove a rear taillight and tap into the “reverse light” wire at that point?

BoMiltenberger

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 BL Lux Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m ordering some reverse lights soon. Ping me when you get them finished if you don’t mind, I’d love to see the finished product.

OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why not remove a rear taillight and tap into the “reverse light” wire at that point?
For these, I prefer to use one of the aux switches so I can manually control them.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two days ago I wired mine for flat towing, ran wires from front to back and routed wires down the driver side but can‘t remember how I went up at the rear. (Why can’t I remember that)

I think I found some holes in the frame and fished them thru the frame. Maybe I can get a look in the morning.

OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, would appreciate it. I found a vid about dual trigger (reverse and manual switched).

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We make a harness that lets you control your aftermarket reverse lights from an upfitter AND automatically while going into reverse. Thing is, we only made it for the Baja Designs lights (or any light with a 2-Pin Weatherpack connector).

If you want to cut the end off (the weatherpack end on our harness) you can utilize our harness here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-upfitter-control-harness-for-s1-s2-reverse-kits/

You'll also need this (while it's called an 'upfitter' harness, we use it at the rear to tap into the reverse circuit, again, you'd need to cut the weatherpack connector off and/or put your own on instead): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-upfitter-wiring-harness-squadron-pro-sport-s2/

For what it's worth, we have a complete kit that includes lights/harnesses here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We make a harness that lets you control your aftermarket reverse lights from an upfitter AND automatically while going into reverse. Thing is, we only made it for the Baja Designs lights (or any light with a 2-Pin Weatherpack connector).

If you want to cut the end off (the weatherpack end on our harness) you can utilize our harness here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-upfitter-control-harness-for-s1-s2-reverse-kits/

You'll also need this (while it's called an 'upfitter' harness, we use it at the rear to tap into the reverse circuit, again, you'd need to cut the weatherpack connector off and/or put your own on instead): https://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-upfitter-wiring-harness-squadron-pro-sport-s2/

For what it's worth, we have a complete kit that includes lights/harnesses here: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/
Hmm. Can you link me to a PDF of the wiring instructions for both the harnesses? I'm having trouble winding my way through multiple threads on this topic where some remove the tail light assembly and tap in there, while others tap the harness behind the load bay trim panel.

Just want to understand what I'll be doing with your harnesses... :D

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm. Can you link me to a PDF of the wiring instructions for both the harnesses? I'm having trouble winding my way through multiple threads on this topic where some remove the tail light assembly and others tap the harness behind the load bay trim panel.
Attached... This is what we include with our Baja Designs reverse kit. Basically substitute your lights of choice with the Baja in our instructions (and as I said, Baja uses a Weatherpack connector so if your lights use another style connector, like a DT connector, you'll want to cut the Weatherpack off/put on a different one).

The instructions are for our kit that includes the S1/S2 reverse harness & the Baja Designs upfitter harness I linked above (so 2 harnesses are needed).

Basically our harness has slack that goes from your upfitter bundle under the hood, along the chasis to the back of your truck where the lights are. It then has a splitter built in to connect both lights together and a plug for the "rear upfitter" (which is what is used to tap into the reverse circuit).

We also have a diode built into our harness so IF you turn the lights on from your upfitter, it does NOT back-feed the factory reverse circuit

Here is a drawing (from a Raptor, which runs the wire along the passenger side, on the bronco it's ran along the driver side) to give you an idea on what our harness does

Ford Bronco Auxiliary Reverse Lights Wiring Path to Rear Bumper? 1640923052562

Attachments

OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Attached... This is what we include with our Baja Designs reverse kit. Basically substitute your lights of choice with the Baja in our instructions (and as I said, Baja uses a Weatherpack connector so if your lights use another style connector, like a DT connector, you'll want to cut the Weatherpack off/put on a different one).

The instructions are for our kit that includes the S1/S2 reverse harness & the Baja Designs upfitter harness I linked above (so 2 harnesses are needed).

Basically our harness has slack that goes from your upfitter bundle under the hood, along the chasis to the back of your truck where the lights are. It then has a splitter built in to connect both lights together and a plug for the "rear upfitter" (which is what is used to tap into the reverse circuit).

We also have a diode built into our harness so IF you turn the lights on from your upfitter, it does NOT back-feed the factory reverse circuit

Here is a drawing (from a Raptor, which runs the wire along the passenger side, on the bronco it's ran along the driver side) to give you an idea on what our harness does

1640923052562.png
Thanks, that makes sense w/ the diagram. I got a little lost on Step 4 of the written-only instructions (wasn't sure what to plug the upfitter into).

Next question: does anyone know what wire to tap on Non-LED taillights? And, better still, that wire must be accessible before it gets to the taillight housing...

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks, that makes sense w/ the diagram. I got a little lost on Step 4 of the written-only instructions (wasn't sure what to plug the upfitter into).

Next question: does anyone know what wire to tap on Non-LED taillights? And, better still, that wire must be accessible before it gets to the taillight housing...
Same general place, although the actual wire might be different. Best to check it with a volt meter.

Yes you can actually access the wire from inside the cab which may be easier actually. In fact, if you ignore our instructions and actually use the pass-through wire on the passenger side you can access the tail light harness as well in the general area.

When I wrote these instructions I had written them for use with the Baja Designs spare tire mount. Afterwards i realized "ohh wait, hey look, theres the damn tail light harness INSIDE as well, no need to actually REMOVE the tail light"

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The attachment is helpful and what you are looking for is on page 24.

I looked this morning and I ran my wires down the drivers side on outside of the frame zip tie to existing wiring harness, near the rear wheel I went on top of frame and zip tie to existing wiring that went up over the rear axle housing, then routed wire up from the inside of rear fender well up to the tail light.

Attachments