Sponsored

Auxiliary Reverse Lights Wiring Path to Rear Bumper?

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting for a set up like this…
Hopefully a light bar with GMRS/CB mount.
Had a custom set up on my Jeep and H3, hopefully someone would do one for Broncos. As far as wiring I’m just going to run it to the Aux wire on the rear passenger panel.

2DDCA0EF-9852-47BE-B73C-007E9ECE6C3E.jpeg

D6A0B62D-F0E9-46CC-B1C5-AFBF7B0572B3.jpeg
Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up the 4x4TrucksLED kit with 2 Baja Designs S2s. I haven't installed yet, but this thread will be helpful. Not my truck, but saw this on 4X4 customer gallery. This is what I'm looking to do.
Ford Bronco Auxiliary Reverse Lights Wiring Path to Rear Bumper? 1301136A-2FE6-40FF-AE0C-D6C3C530A633

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My plan is to run the reverse lights through the frame the entire way. I don't yet have a bronco to test this theory. I am a bit concerned about tying into the factory reverse lights. Modern reverse lights are tiny low wattage indicator lamps, not sure they can handle the 4 or so amps for my LED pods.

OP
OP
imaginager

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The attachment is helpful and what you are looking for is on page 24.

I looked this morning and I ran my wires down the drivers side on outside of the frame zip tie to existing wiring harness, near the rear wheel I went on top of frame and zip tie to existing wiring that went up over the rear axle housing, then routed wire up from the inside of rear fender well up to the tail light.
That's much appreciated - thank-you! That will be an invaluable resource going forward, too!

Dubby

Badlands
First Name
Dub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Sasquatch Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same general place, although the actual wire might be different. Best to check it with a volt meter.

Yes you can actually access the wire from inside the cab which may be easier actually. In fact, if you ignore our instructions and actually use the pass-through wire on the passenger side you can access the tail light harness as well in the general area.

When I wrote these instructions I had written them for use with the Baja Designs spare tire mount. Afterwards i realized "ohh wait, hey look, theres the damn tail light harness INSIDE as well, no need to actually REMOVE the tail light"
Hey- I installed these on mine today, but wasn't quite ready to tie them into the reverse lights (and remove the tail light). Any chance you can post / DM me how to use the pass-through wire that you mentioned above? Seems like an easier option.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The attachment is helpful and what you are looking for is on page 24.

I looked this morning and I ran my wires down the drivers side on outside of the frame zip tie to existing wiring harness, near the rear wheel I went on top of frame and zip tie to existing wiring that went up over the rear axle housing, then routed wire up from the inside of rear fender well up to the tail light.
You sound like someone that might be able to answer my question. I just received Oracle tail lights. I want to be able to manually turn on the reverse lights with one of my auxiliary switches to light up the back of the vehicle when I need light back there. My question is, where is the best place to connect the auxiliary wire? I'm using one of the 10A switches. Thanks.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You sound like someone that might be able to answer my question. I just received Oracle tail lights. I want to be able to manually turn on the reverse lights with one of my auxiliary switches to light up the back of the vehicle when I need light back there. My question is, where is the best place to connect the auxiliary wire? I'm using one of the 10A switches. Thanks.
If I remember correctly there is an auxiliary wire at the rear, inside compartment passenger side behind the removable panel. I will look for schematics I have downloaded but I travel full time and at times I have weak internet service. I would use that one, otherwise you can use the auxiliary wire behind passenger kick panel but you would have to run a wire forward to accomplish that.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For these, I prefer to use one of the aux switches so I can manually control them.
There is a wire pre ran to the passenger rear 1/4 panel for the Aux switches. I haven’t looked myself but I’d try to find an existing grommet to pass through.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would be interested in page 18 and 19

Attachments

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I remember correctly there is an auxiliary wire at the rear, inside compartment passenger side behind the removable panel. I will look for schematics I have downloaded but I travel full time and at times I have weak internet service. I would use that one, otherwise you can use the auxiliary wire behind passenger kick panel but you would have to run a wire forward to accomplish that.
I appreciate your input and thanks for your time. I understand the aux wiring, its where I connect that aux wire that is confusing me. Do I just take the aux wire and connect it to the GN/BN wire (page 24) of that passenger side tail light. If I connect to just that one, will it effect both tail lights?

Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate your input and thanks for your time. I understand the aux wiring, its where I connect that aux wire that is confusing me. Do I just take the aux wire and connect it to the GN/BN wire (page 24) of that passenger side tail light. If I connect to just that one, will it effect both tail lights?
I don’t think it would activate both lights Unless you ran a wire to the other side. When you activate the lights using the aux switch you will also be sending voltage upstream from your connecting point so a diode may be something that needs to be installed as well.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For these, I prefer to use one of the aux switches so I can manually control them.
Our Baja Designs kit does this. It includes an upfitter harness so you can turn them on from an upfitter and the kit also turns on when going into reverse automatically.

We also have a diode built in so if you activate the baja designs reverse kit from the upfitter, it won't back-feed the factory reverse lights (great for use on trails if you throw some amber covers on the reverse lights you've now got chase lights)

The kit includes the harnesses as well. So everything you need

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, what if I just want the lights in the back to be turned on via aux switch and not when going in reverse.
So like adding ditch lights to the rear of the bronco that I control.
Sponsored