Sponsored

Auxiliary Switches - alternative location?

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may have overlooked an image that already answers this question (so many out there now):

Where are the auxiliary switches located on the Base, BB, OB, WT, & FE?
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They're optional and they only go in the overhead.

OP
OP
NonfatWombat

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're optional and they only go in the overhead.
That's kind of what I thought. Although, the breakdown chart shows them standard on the Wildtrak and First Edition too but it doesn't specify "overhead console" like the Black Diamond or Badlands.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone confirmed how far these aux switches are wired into the Chassis? Is there a location under the hood or in the rear cargo area that you pick up from? The concept is awesome. I just don't know how ford does this in the commercial line-up and if the bronco will be the same?

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it is anything like their super duty aux switches. The wires will be cut and shrink wrapped underneath the steering wheel(just above gas/brake pedal).Typically tucked up in there just enough to stay out of the driver's feet. Sorry if that is an overly confusion description. Best I could think of at the moment lol

Sponsored

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone confirmed how far these aux switches are wired into the Chassis? Is there a location under the hood or in the rear cargo area that you pick up from? The concept is awesome. I just don't know how ford does this in the commercial line-up and if the bronco will be the same?
If it is anything like their super duty aux switches. The wires will be cut and shrink wrapped underneath the steering wheel(just above gas/brake pedal).Typically tucked up in there just enough to stay out of the driver's feet. Sorry if that is an overly confusion description. Best I could think of at the moment lol
They're wired up all they way into the engine bay in their own box ready for use.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the AUX switches are not included, a sunglasses holder goes in its place.

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If the AUX switches are not included, a sunglasses holder goes in its place.
I’d rather have the sunglasses holder.

Edit: with the top off I’d want to lock them in the center console so I guess it doesn’t matter.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's some home-hobbyist-level electrical shit. Gross. Broncos deserve better than Hazard Fraught.

If you don't want to pony up for AUX switches and can find space the Feniex Mini 4200 will give you six switches for about ~$100 to work with with two of them also having strobe capability. I run them in my Colorado for auxiliary lights with a couple doing double duty as plow flashers.

Ford Bronco Auxiliary Switches - alternative location? ABhegjO

If there's a downside, it's that the head unit doesn't power up on ignition, and requires a manual press, but that's also how to switch from standard operations on Circuits 1 and 2 to strobe on 1 and 2.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Aux switches on the Raptor have two connection points. For items inside the cabin there is a set of wires terminated behind the glove box. For outside the cabin there is a set of wires terminated near the firewall on the passenger side.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Aux switches on the Raptor have two connection points. For items inside the cabin there is a set of wires terminated behind the glove box. For outside the cabin there is a set of wires terminated near the firewall on the passenger side.
I was hoping they would terminate in a waterproof box under the hood with relay sockets and a pre run power wire.... But that is to much to hope for I guess.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was hoping they would terminate in a waterproof box under the hood with relay sockets and a pre run power wire.... But that is to much to hope for I guess.
They are connected to fuses/relays. All you do is make sure the accessory you are installing is grounded. Connect the power wire from your newly installed accessory to the Aux-Switched wire and you are done. The amp rating on the Aux switches varies. 2ea 15 amp, 2ea 10amp and 2ea 5 amp.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are connected to fuses/relays. All you do is make sure the accessory you are installing is grounded. Connect the power wire from your newly installed accessory to the Aux-Switched wire and you are done. The amp rating on the Aux switches varies. 2ea 15 amp, 2ea 10amp and 2ea 5 amp.
Well, that is the way it is supposed to be done, but the way Ford has been doing this roll out I wouldn't be surprised if you had to add your own relay's and fuses. But one change I will make is to replace the fuses with auto resetting circuit breakers of the same amperage.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
sir ... you don’t know what you are taking about. Ford had been using Auxiliary switches for over 10 years in their trucks and they are awesome.

I have no idea why everyone on this forum just assume the worst. No manufacturer would put switches into their vehicle and then expect you to run power and fuses to them.

please relax.

Well, that is the way it is supposed to be done, but the way Ford has been doing this roll out I wouldn't be surprised if you had to add your own relay's and fuses. But one change I will make is to replace the fuses with auto resetting circuit breakers of the same amperage.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Search youtube for "upfitter swtiches" and you will find lots of videos that explain them. Ford does a nice job with this option.

Ford Bronco Auxiliary Switches - alternative location? Upfitter
Sponsored