Sponsored

Auxiliary Switches - What’s on your list?

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody know how/where those switches will be wired to? Like are they just wired to the fuse box? Are there terminals in the engine bay? Or are they just switches, wired to nothing. And you need to tear the dash off to hook stuff up to them?
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody know how/where those switches will be wired to? Like are they just wired to the fuse box? Are there terminals in the engine bay? Or are they just switches, wired to nothing. And you need to tear the dash off to hook stuff up to them?
I think I've seen pix of a terminal box in the engine bay....so even a non-mechanical dude like me might be able to hook up something! Laser mounted on the hood?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are pre-wired. If Bronco follows in footsteps of prior Fords with the feature, there should be a relay box installed underhood, along with output leads underhood (and if my understanding is correct, possibly within the passenger footwell) for you to tap into. Waiting on full details from Ford as to how they've implemented it in Bronco.

If these were just unpopulated switches, there's no way I'd be spending $200 from the factory for this option.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I copied this picture from a previous post a while back. IIRC it's from a F150 with pre wired switches. The Bronco should be similar to this.

Ford Bronco Auxiliary Switches - What’s on your list? Wires Through Firewall

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might never find enough use for 6, but who knows.
I plan on some extra lights either by the mirrors or on the bumper(s), no light bar on top though, don't like the extra wind noise and brightly illuminated hood. Something that spreads the light out in the front further and at wider angle to the sides.
Eventually an onboard compressor if I get more into wheeling (which there really isn't much of right where I live, at least nothing extreme requiring frequent air down).

But it's nice to know they're there and they don't cost much. Maybe aftermarket will come up with fun things I haven't thought of and I never want to crawl around under the dash trying to get some cable through the firewall again and with these I won't have to.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are turbo timers still a thing? Could you put one on an auxiliary switch?

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are turbo timers still a thing? Could you put one on an auxiliary switch?
Usually turbo timers are powered by the 12V going to the ignition. Wiring it up to an aux switch probably won't work.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One labeled "Do no touch!" that goes to an electric fence controller wired to the passenger seat.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have them on my 2012 F350. Made wiring my light bar super easy. What we don't know is the amperage on each switch. On my F350, if I remember correctly, each switch is rated different.
Awhile ago a Ford employee checked on it for the forum. I believe it was 2 15s, 2 10s, and 2 5s.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if the auxiliary switches are connected to the fuse box or straight to the battery in which case we have to make sure we use an inline fuse on whatever we hook up?