FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't suppose anyone with an ear to the ground in the parts departments have heard when the Fox shocks that come with the HOSS 3.0 package on the MY22.5 Wildtraks will be available as a purchasable item on its own?

Seems to me like this would be a decent suspension upgrade option for 'squatch owners not interested in the lift that results from installing the current off-the-shelf King and Fox 2.5" coilovers at their lowest height.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm interested in the HOSS 3.0 on my non-SAS Badlands.
Waiting for takeoffs from someone who bought the upgrade for the rack and steering, and then upgraded to coilovers. Pretty common in the Raptor crowd.

Reactions: ELS
OP
OP
FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm interested in the HOSS 3.0 on my non-SAS Badlands.
Waiting for takeoffs from someone who bought the upgrade for the rack and steering, and then upgraded to coilovers. Pretty common in the Raptor crowd.
One can hope!

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will take a steering rack

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are available but they are backordered and very pricey. When I checked it was $700/each for the rear assembly and $1100/each for the front assembly—so we're talking $3600 total, more expensive than the completely HOSS 3.0 package from the dealer. My guess is Ford is reserving as many components as possible for the assembly line, and heavily jacking up the prices so people only order them for warranty purposes.

Ford did say they will be offering an upgrade kit through Ford Performance that will add the beefed up steering components and/or suspension. That kit was rumored to be released in September—skeptical given all of the supply constraints, but never know. Either way... my be better to wait for that, as ordering a kit through Ford Performance should be cheaper than ordering each component individually through your dealer.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are available but they are backordered and very pricey. When I checked it was $700/each for the rear assembly and $1100/each for the front assembly—so we're talking $3600 total, more expensive than the completely HOSS 3.0 package from the dealer. My guess is Ford is reserving as many components as possible for the assembly line, and heavily jacking up the prices so people only order them for warranty purposes.

Ford did say they will be offering an upgrade kit through Ford Performance that will add the beefed up steering components and/or suspension. That kit was rumored to be released in September—skeptical given all of the supply constraints, but never know. Either way... my be better to wait for that, as ordering a kit through Ford Performance should be cheaper than ordering each component individually through your dealer.
That’s not Ford jacking up the pricing, it’s your dealer. When I checked, list price from Ford with no mark up, the struts were around $200 each and springs were around $100-150 each.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If there’s a legit Ford upgrade I’d happily buy it and have it installed.

Reactions: ELS

Sponsored

UniBronc

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F550, 12 F550, 13 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would be interested as well, anything to get a more Raptorish ride

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s not Ford jacking up the pricing, it’s your dealer. When I checked, list price from Ford with no mark up, the struts were around $200 each and springs were around $100-150 each.
Nah... wasn't dealer markup, he was giving me the MSRP cost from the parts wholesaler. Rear strut was $700.00 MSRP and front was $1,074.55 MSRP. My "out the door" cost would have been ~$2400 for the full setup, obviously significantly cheaper than MSRP, but still more than I wanted to pay. (Truthfully I only care about the steering components anyway, could care less about the Fox struts unless they were dirt cheap.)

EDIT— Just checked Ford's parts site, seems to match the wholesaler pricing.

Ford Bronco Availability of HOSS 3.0 parts 1659816090007

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nah... wasn't dealer markup, he was giving me the MSRP cost from the parts wholesaler. Rear strut was $700.00 MSRP and front was $1,074.55 MSRP. My "out the door" cost would have been ~$2400 for the full setup, obviously significantly cheaper than MSRP, but still more than I wanted to pay. (Truthfully I only care about the steering components anyway, could care less about the Fox struts unless they were dirt cheap.)

EDIT— Just checked Ford's parts site, seems to match the wholesaler pricing.

1659816090007.png
I get that, but wholesale and MSRP are still just prices marked up by whoever is selling you the part. That’s not the price they bought it for. If it was, they’d make no money after getting it from Ford.

Also, I agree. The steering is the only part I’m interested in too.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Adding HOSS suspension after the fact should be all about the steering components.

If you want different shocks, just go out and buy different shocks... You don't need Ford.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding HOSS suspension after the fact should be all about the steering components.

If you want different shocks, just go out and buy different shocks... You don't need Ford.
I believe the intention was to see if they could get the Fords as takeoffs and save a few bucks.
Sponsored