Sponsored

Availability / Timing of Painted Roof (be it black, white or matching)?

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the word on the street for availability of a painted roof? Is the only way to get that (as a first day reservation holder) is to cancel and come back in 2022 or 2023?
Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What he said !

Sponsored
OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, but I think the textured roof won't look as good as a what I would expect would be a smooth hard top that is painted....

OP
OP
TTown

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just search an look at the 100000000000000000 other threads on this subject. We don't know. All we know it's late availability. As stated above, just paint it yourself.
And what the hell does "late availability" mean? I'm assuming it means so late that no reservation holder will be able to get it; only future model years.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, but I think the textured roof won't look as good as a what I would expect would be a smooth hard top that is painted....
just use plasti dip. Try it on a part of the top and if you don't like it just remove it.

Sponsored

rbeaudo1

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I get the mic top plan to paint it black - sand it flat thin coat of Evercoat make it straight a couple coats of 2K high build primer block sand then base coat/clear coat

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Conflicting info....but then again what's new?

MIC + Painted tops supplied by Webasto Plymouth MI....well-established international company, but building a new production facility for this Ford contract.

One of the Ford dealers on the forum says Ford told them 2-3 weeks ago, "little to none MOD tops available initially."

Bronco Guy said a week ago he has heard zip about that. Plant construction scheduled to be completed Dec 2020. I think the reason we've seen such varied appearance of the MIC top is pre-pro units have been fabricated in different places/countries....plus Ford has changed the color spec at least once.

I'm guessing MY 2022 for a color top other than "gray" made like an Igloo cooler( MIC) ...learn to love the gray...or find a good body shop for a color of your choice

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel you as I am in the same boat. As others have said, this issue has been a big topic as soon as we found out the gray MIC top was going to be the only option initially available. There have been pages and pages about this since B&P opened, several of which I participated in.

The good news is there are a lot of options, not just regular standard automotive paint. I went back to my profile to paste a few of the topics where this is discussed in detail. I would look hard at the discussions of Raptor/Rhino Line-X (hint hint...).

Discussion of white/black painted tops:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/which-white-paint-for-top.6698/

Discussion on Wrapping top:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-wrap-their-hard-tops.3019/page-3#post-274852

Big discussion on all options, including Line-X:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-colors-with-mic-tops.7533/page-7#post-279083
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/roof-price-after-purchase.7850/#post-286483

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make it simple for yourself. Get your bronco take it to the paint shop of your choosing and get it painted what ever color you like . Job done
It's not the same top. The modular top we're waiting for is of higher quality.

As has been noted numerous times the plant making the modular top is not finished/up to full production. It may be a month behind it could be several. We don't know yet.
Sponsored