Sponsored

Availability / Timing of Painted Roof (be it black, white or matching)?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting. Wonder if that is true or if the reservation gets cancelled if you don't order in the Dec - Jan open window time-frame....
Unless there is some other change not yet announced, I believe if you miss the Dec-Jan window, Ford will assume you changed your mind and refund the $100 reservation fee.
Sponsored

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don’t know if this has been answered, but will the roof racks work the same with both hard tops? And is the painted hard top even offered on the 2-dr? The overview of each trim just list the mod top for 4 doors only.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would I be the first person to take a rattle can to my $50k vehicle? No. Should I be the last person to take a rattle can to a brand new $50k vehicle? Perhaps. Methinks for $50k you should get what you want. Not a bare canvas.

EO74

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Cannyon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would I be the first person to take a rattle can to my $50k vehicle? No. Should I be the last person to take a rattle can to a brand new $50k vehicle? Perhaps. Methinks for $50k you should get what you want. Not a bare canvas.
Couldn't agree more ...55-60K and you have to pay someone to paint it f-that. I'll wait if they allow it

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my dealer has said "Spoke with Ford and yes, the hard top/soft combo (black hardtop) will be late availability.
If the other ones are started to get build in May, those ones will start probably late August, September…."

which sounds like a guess....
i'm waiting for my build even though i have an early order spot and first at my dealer. why? because of COVID i don't drive anywhere! :p

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my dealer has said "Spoke with Ford and yes, the hard top/soft combo (black hardtop) will be late availability.
If the other ones are started to get build in May, those ones will start probably late August, September…."

which sounds like a guess....
i'm waiting for my build even though i have an early order spot and first at my dealer. why? because of COVID i don't drive anywhere! :p
I'm guessing the mod top will show up sooner than August. Some recent pics indicate a redesign and that may be what was holding things up all along. Now that they hopefully have things right, they should be producing them.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm guessing the mod top will show up sooner than August. Some recent pics indicate a redesign and that may be what was holding things up all along. Now that they hopefully have things right, they should be producing them.
Can you please elaborate? We haven't seen very many mod top pictures and I'm having trouble seeing a difference between older and newer pictures of it.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you please elaborate? We haven't seen very many mod top pictures and I'm having trouble seeing a difference between older and newer pictures of it.
Someone posted some pics that show some indentations on the top that don't appear to have been there previously. Also, the shape of the "gunners hatch" was changed. It was stated they were on B & P, but I don't see them there. They were posted at least a week ago.
Ford Bronco Availability / Timing of Painted Roof (be it black, white or matching)? newmod

newhatch.jpeg

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Someone posted some pics that show some indentations on the top that don't appear to have been there previously. Also, the shape of the "gunners hatch" was changed. It was stated they were on B & P, but I don't see them there. They were posted at least a week ago.
Ford Bronco Availability / Timing of Painted Roof (be it black, white or matching)? newhatch

Ford Bronco Availability / Timing of Painted Roof (be it black, white or matching)? newhatch
Thanks!

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe those are the same photos that are on the Ford website.
Sponsored