Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://www.autonews.com/sales/ford-bronco-customers-spend-big-accessories

Ford Bronco customers spend big on accessories

Ford says its retailers have sold more than 1 million factory-backed accessories for the Bronco and Bronco Sport utilities, with customers spending an average of $1,700 to accessorize their Bronco.

Average Bronco customer spends average of $1,700 on official accessories from Ford.
Average Bronco Sport customer spends average of $800 on official accessories from Ford.

Ford says its retailers have sold more than 1 million accessories for the Bronco and Bronco Sport

“It’s core to the success of Bronco,” Ford U.S. consumer marketing manager Mark Grueber said. “For dealers it’s a great opportunity not only from a profit standpoint but also long-term engagement with customers. It’s a great proof point of what Ford can do and how big this opportunity is going forward.”

Ford always planned on making accessories key to the experience of the Bronco and Bronco Sport. Not only were they built with accessories in mind but Ford’s build-and-price site was revamped to show optional accessories. Additionally, Ford’s safety office and legal teams cut red tape to allow new parts to be offered. Furthermore, Ford Credit increased the amount that customers could finance on accessories.

One dealership really reaping the benefits of Ford’s new focus on accessories is Steve Olliges’ Team Ford in Las Vegas. Speaking with Auto News, Olliges said that one of his typical Bronco customers normally spends $4,000 to $5,000 outfitting their vehicle with accessories. This has allowed the dealer to boost its profits and will allow it to establish a dedicated 9,000-square-foot accessory shop that will cost $10 million to build.

“I definitely have Bronco fever,” Olliges said. “I feel I could make a living just being a Bronco dealership; it’s that successful.”
No I am not going to spend $1700 on accessories....more like:

4cfb200f-54f9-4c2a-ad96-c0cb1b5bd2fa.gif
Sponsored

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://www.autonews.com/sales/ford-bronco-customers-spend-big-accessories

Ford Bronco customers spend big on accessories

Ford says its retailers have sold more than 1 million factory-backed accessories for the Bronco and Bronco Sport utilities, with customers spending an average of $1,700 to accessorize their Bronco.

Average Bronco customer spends average of $1,700 on official accessories from Ford.
Average Bronco Sport customer spends average of $800 on official accessories from Ford.

Ford says its retailers have sold more than 1 million accessories for the Bronco and Bronco Sport

“It’s core to the success of Bronco,” Ford U.S. consumer marketing manager Mark Grueber said. “For dealers it’s a great opportunity not only from a profit standpoint but also long-term engagement with customers. It’s a great proof point of what Ford can do and how big this opportunity is going forward.”

Ford always planned on making accessories key to the experience of the Bronco and Bronco Sport. Not only were they built with accessories in mind but Ford’s build-and-price site was revamped to show optional accessories. Additionally, Ford’s safety office and legal teams cut red tape to allow new parts to be offered. Furthermore, Ford Credit increased the amount that customers could finance on accessories.

One dealership really reaping the benefits of Ford’s new focus on accessories is Steve Olliges’ Team Ford in Las Vegas. Speaking with Auto News, Olliges said that one of his typical Bronco customers normally spends $4,000 to $5,000 outfitting their vehicle with accessories. This has allowed the dealer to boost its profits and will allow it to establish a dedicated 9,000-square-foot accessory shop that will cost $10 million to build.

“I definitely have Bronco fever,” Olliges said. “I feel I could make a living just being a Bronco dealership; it’s that successful.”
Hell, I’ve spent way more than that, and I don’t even have a Bronco yet…

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure they add in floor mate, rear cargo covers, ext... Stuff the dealers add in and stuff like Roof Racks, key pad, towing or options. Plus, knowing how businesses try to inflate their numbers, I'd bet they mark the options at retail. So the Rack option is $300ish but after order it's $800ish.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what people are spending their money on with Ford. Other than wheel locks, mud flaps and floor mats, I can't find anything worth buying from Ford. I am spending money, just not with them. I couldn't even buy running boards from them, had to go to IAG for those.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

maybe 2000 grand spent on my bronco but nothing from ford.
lift, hitch, hood struts, paint, grill letters, floor mats, tow hook, shackles. I think that's it? maybe more that 2 lol didn't really keep track i think i would rather not know
shit i thought of more intake kit and Turbosmart BOV DUAL PORT i am sure ill keep thinking of more I have had my bronco almost a year now

4.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, you'd go bankrupt because Ford would give you 10 allocations per year.
10 x [(MSRP+$10k ADM)-(dealer cost)] would be enough for me to live on...

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget that reservation holders for the 2021 Bronco got around 220,000 ford pass points which I used to buy new tires for my Camry $1100 and a ARB 47qt Zero Fridge at $900 (not on Bronco online catalog but on the F150's online catalog/page.

Other than that I have about $12k on aftermarket parts and will probably spend another 10k in the next two years to complete my Bronco build.
How do you get those points? I was a day one reservation holder, and it took 2 years to take delivery. I never got an sort of point offer as far as I know....

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have spent around $6k total, but only have the Deluxe Raised Cargo Area Cover and the black rear Bronco emblem. Maybe $700. Wife has spend a bit more, because she got the $1700 for the trail doors.

We did have $920 in FordPass to offset costs.

Sponsored

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am patiently waiting to see if I can upgrade my Badlands with HOSS 3.0 for my reward dollars.

PowderHound

Wildtrak
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Makes sense:

Thule box 636.65

Cross bar kit 682.00

Rear storage 602.65

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How do you get those points? I was a day one reservation holder, and it took 2 years to take delivery. I never got an sort of point offer as far as I know....
It was stated in this thread that it was because I was a 1st edition reservation holder. I thought it was because of all the delays and hardtop issues. Honestly there is not much that I could find that was worth settling for subpar quality parts and I prefer the aftermarket selections for better fit, quality, and performance. This is why I used my points to buy tires and had to look outside the Bronco Catalogue to buy the ARB fridge.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far not a nickel. I have purchased a Curt hitch, T handle bolts for the hard top hold down, and a weatherproof cover for when the roof is off and I chance upon a rain storm while on the road or exploring. None of these were a Ford accessory.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if Nitrogen is considered a Ford Factory-backed accessory? Window etching, theft protection and all of the other dealer BS add-ons that get forced on many customers are probably included? Or the dealers who add a different set of wheels and a leveling kit to a new Bronco and charge $5,000 for the upgrade.

I'm guessing those add-ons all get included in this reporting. It would be nice to see this broken down by Ford part numbers that were ordered from the parts department.
Sponsored