First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Considering that 80% or more of owners will never need lockers, and that sizable percentage of those will never use low range or do more than a dirt/gravel road, the bottom three Bronco trims are way better values than any Wrangler. Seriously, Sasquatch package on a base or Big Bend will be more off-road capability than most owners will ever need. Even the Black Diamond trim is real competition to the Rubicon. Every non-Rubicon Wrangler is uninspiring, and the Bronco shows way more value and customizability under $40k.

I know a lot of guys on the forum are serious off-roaders and have some disappointment with some of this Bronco's shortcomings. I totally get it, if I am paying big bucks for a car, it had better be exactly what I want. But for the vast majority of owners, they can get a rig that's near Rubicon capability for $35-45k based on packages and upgrades. Bronco is going to beat the crap out of Wranglers.

For me, the average guy, I'll take a Black Diamond with no other upgrades. If mid-package comes in at $1500, maybe I'll get it. This is the best value in the line-up. Though, a base model with Sasquatch and auxiliary switches is very very tempting...
Sponsored

Becker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Considering that 80% or more of owners will never need lockers, and that sizable percentage of those will never use low range or do more than a dirt/gravel road, the bottom three Bronco trims are way better values than any Wrangler. Seriously, Sasquatch package on a base or Big Bend will be more off-road capability than most owners will ever need. Even the Black Diamond trim is real competition to the Rubicon. Every non-Rubicon Wrangler is uninspiring, and the Bronco shows way more value and customizability under $40k.

I know a lot of guys on the forum are serious off-roaders and have some disappointment with some of this Bronco's shortcomings. I totally get it, if I am paying big bucks for a car, it had better be exactly what I want. But for the vast majority of owners, they can get a rig that's near Rubicon capability for $35-45k based on packages and upgrades. Bronco is going to beat the crap out of Wranglers.

For me, the average guy, I'll take a Black Diamond with no other upgrades. If mid-package comes in at $1500, maybe I'll get it. This is the best value in the line-up. Though, a base model with Sasquatch and auxiliary switches is very very tempting...
A base model with Sasquatch is attractive, but I bet they will be hard to come by, being that it won’t be financially prudent for FORD to make a lot of those models with thinner margins. Just a guess, but kinda of like how 2 door base model jeeps aren’t all over the place either. I’m thinking they’ll be rolling out more badlands than anything.

I’m thinking black diamond is what I’ll end up with.

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

?️ black diamond gang ?️

Sponsored

Gbcokc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you that 80% will not use all this off-road technology. I for one am in that boat. Give me a cool, boxy, beefy 2 door that isn’t all this bottle nose suv crap out there today and I’m happy. Just my opinion. Looking forward to seeing the actual size in person.

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And this is for both the base and the black diamond, but I can't be the only one who thinks that the yellow marker lights in the grille are superior to the horseshoe "signature lighting" that halo's?

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-005.jpg

Rideemhigh

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A base model with Sasquatch is attractive, but I bet they will be hard to come by, being that it won’t be financially prudent for FORD to make a lot of those models with thinner margins. Just a guess, but kinda of like how 2 door base model jeeps aren’t all over the place either. I’m thinking they’ll be rolling out more badlands than anything.

Hadn’t thought of this but heard the TFL (sorry, ran out of bronco stuff to watch on YouTube earlier) guys mentioned this same point. Hoping I could pull off at least the black diamond 2dr with sasquatch

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hadn’t thought of this but heard the TFL (sorry, ran out of bronco stuff to watch on YouTube earlier) guys mentioned this same point. Hoping I could pull off at least the black diamond 2dr with sasquatch
This is the boat im in depending on package cost. mid is also attractive to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
madj613

madj613

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I'm interested to see whether Badlands or Black Diamonds will become the volume sellers. Based on Ford's new way of packaging and upgrades for the Bronco, it seems to me they are encouraging custom orders. It'll be harder for those of us who pay attention to spec sheets to find exactly what we want on dealer lots.

I agree that Badlands are likely going to be the volume sellers for dealers.

Becker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm interested to see whether Badlands or Black Diamonds will become the volume sellers. Based on Ford's new way of packaging and upgrades for the Bronco, it seems to me they are encouraging custom orders. It'll be harder for those of us who pay attention to spec sheets to find exactly what we want on dealer lots.

I agree that Badlands are likely going to be the volume sellers for dealers.
Hopefully us being this early and part of the first orders we will have better chances

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And this is for both the base and the black diamond, but I can't be the only one who thinks that the yellow marker lights in the grille are superior to the horseshoe "signature lighting" that halo's?
Overall I prefer the look of the base lights, and grille to the higher-ticket options.
Sponsored