North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sure did. We still have three planes at home.
Nice, Eclipse Aviation wanted me to move there but I decided I did not want to uproot my family. When they went bankrupt I knew I'd made the right decision.
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice, Eclipse Aviation wanted me to move there but I decided I did not want to uproot my family. When they went bankrupt I knew I'd made the right decision.
Career-wise, you probably did. But Albuquerque is pretty sweet. I can mow my lawn in the morning and go skiing 30 minutes later. The fishing is great, and the mountain biking/hiking is even better. You can be in the desert one day and the mountains the next. NM basically rules!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mosul 2003. Initial ground run after heavy maintenance. It's a scan of a disposable print photo.

Ford Bronco Aviation Photo and BS thread marc during gnd run
What unit were you with? I have a buddy that flew a little bird there in 2003

Sponsored

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Right on, he was in the 160th, did you guys ever work with them?
Those guys do their own thing as missions are quite different; so, didn't work with those guys. The 101st and the 160th are on the same airfield at Campbell. In my early years prior to flying, I rode around in the back of Black Hawks. 1987-89 I was a Hooter Bros (D Co, 160th Spec Ops Avn Grp) crewchief. Really enjoyed that, but I needed to keep going career wise.

As Chinook guy at Fort Hood in the early to mid 90's I did some sporty support for ST2 over the Gulf of Mexico. Supporting spec ops with regular Army aircraft is not uncommon--at least during my Army years.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those guys do their own thing as missions are quite different; so, didn't work with those guys. The 101st and the 160th are on the same airfield at Campbell. In my early years prior to flying, I rode around in the back of Black Hawks. 1987-89 I was a Hooter Bros (D Co, 160th Spec Ops Avn Grp) crewchief. Really enjoyed that, but I needed to keep going career wise.

As Chinook guy at Fort Hood in the early to mid 90's I did some sporty support for ST2 over the Gulf of Mexico. Supporting spec ops with regular Army aircraft is not uncommon--at least during my Army years.
Yeah I kinda figured it was a long shot. Ironically I don't know much about the aviation side of the Army even though that was my initial goal in life...all I knew is that I wanted to fly as a warrant officer in the 160th so I wouldn't get promoted out of my bird. I had a lot of friends and family in SF and figured that would be the best way to help them get back home. Apparently getting too many speeding tickets when you're a teen means they won't trust you with expensive helis...they were probably right but that's irrelevant LOL

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I kinda figured it was a long shot. Ironically I don't know much about the aviation side of the Army even though that was my initial goal in life...all I knew is that I wanted to fly as a warrant officer in the 160th so I wouldn't get promoted out of my bird. I had a lot of friends and family in SF and figured that would be the best way to help them get back home. Apparently getting too many speeding tickets when you're a teen means they won't trust you with expensive helis...they were probably right but that's irrelevant LOL
Hell, I was lucky to get in the USAF, I was "1 ticket" away from not being allowed to ship out to basic... What did I do... yep, I got 3 violations in one stop. Thankfully, I was on a first name basis with the assistant DA at that point. I asked him if he wanted me to remain in Colorado Springs or ship out to Texas. He talked to the judge and came back with all the charges dismissed.... I shipped out. I also had to file an SR-22 and was damn near broke by insurance costs for the next 2 years.

Sponsored

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TOP GUN
Look for my squadron in the background of the opening flight deck scenes: VA22 Fighting Redcocks, A7E CORSAIR II with the blue stripes on the tail

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hell, I was lucky to get in the USAF, I was "1 ticket" away from not being allowed to ship out to basic... What did I do... yep, I got 3 violations in one stop. Thankfully, I was on a first name basis with the assistant DA at that point. I asked him if he wanted me to remain in Colorado Springs or ship out to Texas. He talked to the judge and came back with all the charges dismissed.... I shipped out. I also had to file an SR-22 and was damn near broke by insurance costs for the next 2 years.
Pre-enlistment, oh the memories, LOL. I was talking to both the Air Force and Navy recruiters after taking the ASVAB test. The Navy recruiter wanted me to go into submarines, so I said to the Air Force recruiter, where do I sign? No underwater tubes for me, thank you, besides, aviation was my first love, I dropped out of A&P school to join.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ha, lucky...nobody gave a damn about my situation. I hired a lawyer to see if I could get them expunged or dismissed, the recruitment officer called them up, even a one star called on my behalf, no dice. I was offered a few decent alternatives as a consolation prize but everything I wanted required the security clearance I couldn't get.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha, lucky...nobody gave a damn about my situation. I hired a lawyer to see if I could get them expunged or dismissed, the recruitment officer called them up, even a one star called on my behalf, no dice. I was offered a few decent alternatives as a consolation prize but everything I wanted required the security clearance I couldn't get.
Damn, that sucks, but you do seem to have bounced back pretty well.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Finally got out and shook off the tailwheel rust. I had forgotten just how much fun the Citabria is, pure joy from cranking the starter until yanking the mixture. Was truly a shame about the clause in the rental agreement forbidding aerobatics.

Ford Bronco Aviation Photo and BS thread Citabria
Sponsored