Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@JoshuaPrieto Josh, there's a Ford customer rep. that has told a member here that the MIC was no longer a constraint. I find that hard to believe. Have you heard this? Thanks

BTW, would you DM me the location of your dealership?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JoshuaPrieto

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Curious, does the Advanced 4x4 transfer case or 2.7 engine appear to be a constraint? I noticed that most of the orders picked up were not Advanced 4x4 variants.
Advanced 4x4 is a constraint due to it being for the Sasquatch package. 2.7l is a constraint as well, and my suspicion is leading towards F-150. That is F-150s best-selling motor... I could be wrong, but Ford isn't going to pull production count from F-150 to supply Bronco. Just my opinion

@JoshuaPrieto Josh, there's a Ford customer rep. that has told a member here that the MIC was no longer a constraint. I find that hard to believe. Have you heard this? Thanks

BTW, would you DM me the location of your dealership?
MIC has become less of a constraint(compared to paint protection, tow package, and Sasquatch), but it will still hold your order up. Now, if a Ford Rep has publicly come out and said that... I'd like to know their Region - because this last scheduling was the best week we've had in getting hardtops through(mainly because they chose 2-doors)

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Advanced 4x4 is a constraint due to it being for the Sasquatch package.
Not sure I understand this. You can have Advanced 4x4 without Sasquatch.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm guessing he meant it's constrained as a stand alone option. Ford probably directs the majority of that option to the Sas package orders. As I say that's just me guessing. According to my wife I have been wrong in the past. :)

OP
OP
JoshuaPrieto

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes! But because Sasquatch is a constraint and requires the Advanced 4x4 - adding it to your order, can give it a slight delay(not as much as the Sasquatch package though)

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, when Ford changed the conversion ratio from 2021 to 2022, it basically made the dealers that hosed the market with requesting orders... pointless. We probably put 25 orders a week for the Bronco... We are a top 30 store but just paced ourselves the best we could

I feel for those who went to the stores that had 1000s of orders, it will be awhile.
Following, and copying this post for posterity, in case it mysteriously disappears. 🍿

OP
OP
JoshuaPrieto

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@JoshuaPrieto Do you have any plans to share info on the most recent round of scheduling, and scheduling rounds going forward?

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- if your dealer isn't a high volume dealership... they just don't get the same allocation formula. It sucks
Yes, that's the way it has been working since Ford changed the rules after we all locked into Dealers. I know everyone knows this but I like to remind people of this because I don't want history to be rewritten with statements like that.

OP
OP
JoshuaPrieto

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@JoshuaPrieto Do you have any plans to share info on the most recent round of scheduling, and scheduling rounds going forward?
Currently, most dealerships should have received their commitments for this month, now it all boils down to region scheduling requirements and commodity restraints for the factory.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoshuaPrieto

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
a lot of people here wonder how many total Bronco orders are still outstanding - i.e. unscheduled, or undelivered

my guess is well over 200,000 Bronco orders still unscheduled - and could be a lot higher ?

? is it possible to estimate this number ?
I can only assume we have over 100,000 orders pending in the system, there is over 3,000 Ford dealerships.

I'm not sure if I call this a layer of incompetence at this point or is a true parts shortage. Sadly, the more I speak on this, the closer I get to the can. I've already been warned :censored:

OP
OP
JoshuaPrieto

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
understood, we don't have enough good guy dealer contacts like this here in B6g, and we can't afford to lose any

let me make another estimate - comment if you like
- when order bank was still open, Avis 25 Bronco orders/week --> 1250 orders/year

- Avis top-30 dealer --> about 40,000 orders/year from the top-30 dealers

- about 3,300 Ford dealers in U.S. --> equals 110 x 30 - but the other dealers smaller than top-30 - so instead of 110 multiplier, say 10 multiplier

- implies Ford prob booked at least 400,000 Bronco orders during the year-plus from January '21 thru March '22, when order bank closed

- the # scheduled so far only about 100,000, w much fewer delivered

this means the # of orders still unscheduled prob at least 300,000

Well, we had a total of 155 first day reservations;

I wish I kept a spreadsheet of everything we did, but I do know we were upwards of 500 orders in our system for total amounts

Last month we were top 10 in the nation of delivering Broncos; We didn't delivery that many honestly, 32 Broncos delivered.

We are sitting at 100 Unscheduled Broncos in our system right now. I believe we(Ford) ended 2021 with 125,000 orders converted from reservations(this came from Ford), than your 2022 customer placed orders that weren't reservations placing orders through 2021, so... another 150,000? If we just go off of that math alone we are at 300,000 total orders for Bronco.

EDIT: Sorry we were top 20 for nation sales, top 3 for region on the Bronco
Sponsored

Last edited: