Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good afternoon everyone,

I posted a brake pad issue that I was having about a week ago thinking it was just a brake caliper issue. It was in the shop for a couple of days and they told us they just needed to change the brake caliper. Well now today they are saying the axle is bent and it is not covered under warranty. I find that appalling considering the bronco has never been off roading. The dealer is stating that it was caused by external damage and it voids the warranty. I was hoping if anyone had any advice on what to do. Thanks
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This sounds Eff'ed up!

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bent axle? Is this the rear? How many miles on it? When did it start?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would ask to see the damage before any other work is done. If it truly has damage, never been off-road or involved in a collision you might be out of luck. Ask for pics and see if they've got any idea of what may have cause the damage and have them check for any other "damage" under the vehicle. If you're not satisfied with the explanation call Ford's customer assistance and see if they'll do anything for you.

OP
OP

Dullah

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bent axle? Is this the rear? How many miles on it? When did it start?
Back drivers side, just under 9000 miles and I noticed the brake pad issue last week

OP
OP

Dullah

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Visually it is not bent, I went in today and they took the tire off and hooked it up to a machine which rotated the back wheels and the car was shaking
Get some photos of the alleged damage. Contact Ford.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good afternoon everyone,

I posted a brake pad issue that I was having about a week ago thinking it was just a brake caliper issue. It was in the shop for a couple of days and they told us they just needed to change the brake caliper. Well now today they are saying the axle is bent and it is not covered under warranty. I find that appalling considering the bronco has never been off roading. The dealer is stating that it was caused by external damage and it voids the warranty. I was hoping if anyone had any advice on what to do. Thanks
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

Dullah

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would ask to see the damage before any other work is done. If it truly has damage, never been off-road or involved in a collision you might be out of luck. Ask for pics and see if they've got any idea of what may have cause the damage and have them check for any other "damage" under the vehicle. If you're not satisfied with the explanation call Ford's customer assistance and see if they'll do anything for you.
I went in and honestly to the naked eye it looks fine. They lifted it and hooked it up to a machine and when rotating the car was shaking. They said it would be caused by external damage and when I asked what that means they said an accident. But like thats impossiblw

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went in and honestly to the naked eye it looks fine. They lifted it and hooked it up to a machine and when rotating the car was shaking. They said it would be caused by external damage and when I asked what that means they said an accident. But like thats impossiblw
Which wheel?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any marks on the wheel or tire? Who has done your service work? I assume it wasn't like this when you took delivery? How many miles on it?

It is possible that something/someone hit that wheel while you were parked somewhere which could've caused it. Are you the only driver?

I agree this is a crappy deal but if it wasn't like that from day one, the diagnosis may be correct. That said, could they run it under warranty if no other damage is found on the wheel? Yes. Is this dealer the one you purchased the Bronco from?

I'm not advocating warranty fraud, only saying some of these things are a judgement call and without evidence to support "damage", are supposed to give the customer the benefit of the doubt. Since it's not here for me to see, I can only speculate.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They would need imo a dial indicator mounted and rotate the axle slowly to prove the bent axle. What were/ are the symptoms? Any noise or just the strange wear pattern?

OP
OP

Dullah

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any marks on the wheel or tire? Who has done your service work? I assume it wasn't like this when you took delivery? How many miles on it?

It is possible that something/someone hit that wheel while you were parked somewhere which could've caused it. Are you the only driver?

I agree this is a crappy deal but if it wasn't like that from day one, the diagnosis may be correct. That said, could they run it under warranty if no other damage is found on the wheel? Yes. Is this dealer the one you purchased the Bronco from?
No marks on the wheel, and it was parked in the garage when the noise was first noticed. We genuinely dont think anyone or anything hit it and it has never left pavement so we dont know. The mechanic at the dealer was saying that it could have been like that for some time and had been grinding but it finally reached a point where the shaking was noticeable. The car has just under 9k miles but it isnt the dealer we ordered from unfortunately we just went to one closer to home. The dealer stated that it wouldnt be covered under warranty :/
Sponsored