First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah Flip I agree. I have and always try and error in favor of the customers, as they are who really make our paychecks but "Big Brother" makes it harder and harder it seems every year that goes by. 20 years ago when my rep would walk in he would actually do something to help, give an auth code, call a customer, approve claims all in the name of customer service, man how things have changed with a new rep fresh out of school every 6 months and between parts shortages, tech shortages and vehicle shortages customers are getting more and more angry which makes the job that much harder no matter how much good we want to do. Even with some of the bad though I still take pride in helping everyone I can. Nobody comes to service because they are happy, they come because they have a problem, we are all problem solvers regardless of the news we deliver.

Sorry to hi-jack! If I can be of any help or guidance feel free to DM me anyone.

Really appreciate hearing from you and @flip about the reality of the situation dealers face. Thank you... this kind of discussion is far more valuable than the @Ford Motor Company Humabot.
Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a story missing somewhere there :unsure:
Check his profile he started a thread about how it happened. We were on the Rubicon trail when it happened.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There is a story missing somewhere there :unsure:
The Rubicon was just the final straw for his steering rack.

I think Ford's problem is they needed to define off-road abuse better (for the dealers).

Someone takes a fire road or a 2/3 rated trail and gets some mud on their Bronco, that should not be used as a reason to deny warranty.

It almost seems like, if you take your Bronco to a dealer and they can find any dirt on it, they want to deny you.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Rubicon was just the final straw for his steering rack.

I think Ford's problem is they needed to define off-road abuse better (for the dealers).

Someone takes a fire road or a 2/3 rated trail and gets some mud on their Bronco, that should not be used as a reason to deny warranty.

It almost seems like, if you take your Bronco to a dealer and they can find any dirt on it, they want to deny you.
Unfortunate.
The more I see & hear, the less it has me wanting to get the extended warranty since I have already voided my front axle & steering rack & no doubt suspension warranty if there ever was one that would have been honored :unsure: The top tier extended warranty does not seem to cover the thing I am most concerned about, the 12" screen & all the infotainment stuff. The engine warranty is covered by Penzoil for most of what the extended warranty would have covered if it's an oiling issue. It's not a daily driver so if / when it fails, it can sit until I fix it or pay Ford to fix it. :cautious:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunate.
The more I see & hear, the less it has me wanting to get the extended warranty since I have already voided my front axle & steering rack & no doubt suspension warranty if there ever was one that would have been honored :unsure: The top tier extended warranty does not seem to cover the thing I am most concerned about, the 12" screen & all the infotainment stuff. The engine warranty is covered by Penzoil for most of what the extended warranty would have covered if it's an oiling issue. It's not a daily driver so if / when it fails, it can sit until I fix it or pay Ford to fix it. :cautious:

I decided against the extended warranty for my Bronco. It's not a daily driver, so the the standard warranty will go full term. I'm changing a lot of stuff and obviously treating it rough at times, so I figure the extended warranty would be a waste of money. I'm not against extended warranties, but doubt it would pay for itself on the Bronco for my use.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided against the extended warranty for my Bronco. It's not a daily driver, so the the standard warranty will go full term. I'm changing a lot of stuff and obviously treating it rough at times, so I figure the extended warranty would be a waste of money. I'm not against extended warranties, but doubt it would pay for itself on the Bronco for my use.
Yep, It would be a shame to be denied after spending the coin. Heck I took it in to the local Ford dealership for an alignment because people were stating some shops didn't / couldn't get the specs. They mentioned a warranty issue with my sway bar links, which I corrected once a wrench I was waiting for showed up. I waited over 2 hours to be told they couldn't do it because it didn't fit on the rack. Recommended I go to the shop I originally planned anyway :sneaky:

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not like the new Bronco was designed to go off road or Ford is promoting it as an off road vehicle...
I think it's on page 2 of the Bronco manual where Ford states "in the event or necessity to take your vehicle off road, take a Jeep Wrangler or any warranty work will be denied"

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The top tier extended warranty does not seem to cover the thing I am most concerned about, the 12" screen & all the infotainment stuff.

Wait...what? Sure I want the running gear covered, But my biggest concern is all the electronics in the Bronco because we know the Bronco comes with gremlins.

So none of the ESP cover the electronics?

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really appreciate hearing from you and @flip about the reality of the situation dealers face. Thank you... this kind of discussion is far more valuable than the @Ford Motor Company Humabot.
One comment I'd like to add. I don't agree with upper management using CSI or survey scores as a factor in pay plans unless it's tied to an incentive over and above a fair base pay plan. The idea that an advisor/SM/WA/SD has a lot of influence, outside of coaching the customer on how to rate the visit, isn't a good way to measure yourself. As a dealer, you already know if your people are trained, coached, counseled well and if they're doing their jobs well. With Ford constantly changing what they consider important (new for '23, "did your dealer offer you pick up and delivery/mobile service?) enough to withhold reimbursement, who loses if the dealer isn't equipped or capable of doing it? How would this be the advisors fault?

If you have a crappy advisor, you already know it and a survey isn't going to influence their attitude or view of their job. Most of them won't last long, especially if they piss customers off on a daily basis. In this particular situation with the axle, if a warranty claim was submitted to Ford for diag. instead of the customer, a survey would likely be sent. Even if the advisor handled this as professionally as anyone could, would the customer give the advisor good grades or mark extremely dissatisfied on every question because they see this as showing their displeasure with Ford Motor Company? Back in the day when Ford started surveying, I could see some reason to maybe link some bonus to good surveys. When pay plans started carrying more weight to survey returns and scores, advisors started coaching customers how to fill them out and even to bring them back the dealers unmarked for a "free" oil change. The point in this day and age, especially after all of the issues Ford is having, it's not fair or just to tie compensation to these. Just my opinion, feel free to agree or disagree.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
And how does Jeep handle its warranty claims?
Why would this matter? Let's say, for the sake of argument that Jeep is worse than Ford in handling warranty claims and is the laughingstock of the off-roading world, would this make you feel better? Would this give Ford the right to tell customers to go pound sand and tell the customer his bent axle is not covered by the warranty because there is slight curb rash in one wheel? Would Jeep being good or bad change the fact that Ford tells someone that their hard top is cracking and is not covered because the customer waxed the top?
Would Jeep change this reality? Ford has admitted they have quality issues, they even hired some quality guru B.S. guy that I think is revolutionizing with the logic of "if we deny all warranty claims, we have no more quality problems! Genius!

Last edited:

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait...what? Sure I want the running gear covered, But my biggest concern is all the electronics in the Bronco because we know the Bronco comes with gremlins.

So none of the ESP cover the electronics?
Premium care covers the radio…. If I’m reading my contract correctly

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would this matter? Let's say, for the sake of argument that Jeep is worse than Ford in handling warranty claims and is the laughingstock of the off-roading world, would this make you feel better? Would this give Ford the right to tell customers to go pound sand and tell the customer his bent axle is not covered by the warranty because there is slight curb rash in one wheel? Would Jeep being good or bad change the fact that Ford tells someone that their hard top is cracking and is not covered because the customer waxed the top?
Would Jeep change this reality? Ford has admitted they have quality issues, they even hired some quality guru B.S. guy that I think is revolutionizing with the logic of "if we deny all warranty claims, we have no more quality problems! Genius!
Because they have years of managing off-road warranty claims. Since there are enough Jeep people here they can hopefully provide some insights.

Or there are people like you who just shout at the clouds.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good afternoon everyone,

I posted a brake pad issue that I was having about a week ago thinking it was just a brake caliper issue. It was in the shop for a couple of days and they told us they just needed to change the brake caliper. Well now today they are saying the axle is bent and it is not covered under warranty. I find that appalling considering the bronco has never been off roading. The dealer is stating that it was caused by external damage and it voids the warranty. I was hoping if anyone had any advice on what to do. Thanks
It looks like Ford may be helping you out with this. This is a tough one, obviously the dealer or Ford can't fix everything that comes in damaged especially on an off road vehicle. Off roading isn't the only way to damage an axle, I slid on ice and hit a curve with my sedan and it bent the control arms. I would think the rear solid axle would take a lot of abuse however.
Sponsored