Sponsored

Axle is bent and not covered under warranty

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Premium care covers the radio…. If I’m reading my contract correctly
Wait...what? Sure I want the running gear covered, But my biggest concern is all the electronics in the Bronco because we know the Bronco comes with gremlins.

So none of the ESP cover the electronics?
I might be reading it wrong, but said something about touch pad not covered, which I assume would relate to the 12" infotainment screen. I'll have to search through it again when I get home, blocked at work :(
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because they have years of managing off-road warranty claims. Since there are enough Jeep people here they can hopefully provide some insights.

Or there are people like you who just shout at the clouds.
LOL! Wait, so you think Ford, a company that has been making off road vehicles for over a century, hell, they built the "Jeep" Ford GPW even before Jeep existed as a brand, needs some advise on how to handle car business... I really hope Jeep brand management has a lurker account in this forum because this is PR gold! I can see the ads now "Hey Ford, If you need help fixing your off-road halo vehicle, we'll be happy to teach you how to build a real one! Sincerely Jeep" and the billboards with a picture of a Wrangler "Hey Ford! Who's your daddy!"
The jokes just write themselves here...

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL! Wait, so you think Ford, a company that has been making off road vehicles for over a century, hell, they built the "Jeep" Ford GPW even before Jeep existed as a brand, needs some advise on how to handle car business... I really hope Jeep brand management has a lurker account in this forum because this is PR gold! I can see the ads now "Hey Ford, If you need help fixing your off-road halo vehicle, we'll be happy to teach you how to build a real one! Sincerely Jeep" and the billboards with a picture of a Wrangler "Hey Ford! Who's your daddy!"
The jokes just write themselves here...
How are those clouds treating you?

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good afternoon everyone,

I posted a brake pad issue that I was having about a week ago thinking it was just a brake caliper issue. It was in the shop for a couple of days and they told us they just needed to change the brake caliper. Well now today they are saying the axle is bent and it is not covered under warranty. I find that appalling considering the bronco has never been off roading. The dealer is stating that it was caused by external damage and it voids the warranty. I was hoping if anyone had any advice on what to do. Thanks
I sometimes think the worst of people, so maybe one of the mechanics took your Bronco for a joy ride off road and screwed up your axle. Do you know what the mileage was when you brought it in? Hope you get this resolved as it seems highly unlikely that your axle would just bend, and you'd remember if you had an accident!

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I am hoping that I never need the extended warranty for anything major, but I purchased it knowing that if I didn't, I would have a major failure outside of my warranty, but if I did purchase it, it would never break hard enough to make it worth my money.

Ford Bronco Axle is bent and not covered under warranty IMG_20221114_172937

2800 miles of standard power train warranty left. LOL 😂

OP
OP

Dullah

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well everyone, the update everyone has been waiting for. Bronco was diagnosed by selling dealer and they agreed with the bent axle. They brought out their warranty admin and he denied the claim. Repairs should take $1500 and about two weeks. Just overall pretty dissapointed, I dont have much else to add. Thanks to everyone who offered advice along the way.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sucks there was no "smoking gun" in this, one way or another. I was hopeful for you to have gotten a more agreeable answer. I would pay the $1500 and keep moving forward. I would even try to reach out to Ford to see if they will meet you part way with this. They seem to have some latitude with "goodwill" for uncovered repairs. It might be pissing in the wind, or it might turn into some help coming your way. I'm hoping the best for you in a rough situation.

PacoFitz

Badlands
First Name
Paco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unrelated but did anyone else get a letter from Ford saying to contact your dealer for a Ford Bronco SUV Driveshaft replacement? It goes on to say the driveshaft boot may crack under normal driving conditions because of a material used in the front driveshaft boot. It is covered for free between now and 10/12/2023 regardless of milage. I called the dealership where I purchased the Bronco and the person who picked up in Service asked if the car was making any noise, I said no but that is not the point. They said ok hold on and came back a few min later saying they would order the part and let me know when it's in.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

unrelated but did anyone else get a letter from Ford saying to contact your dealer for a Ford Bronco SUV Driveshaft replacement? It goes on to say the driveshaft boot may crack under normal driving conditions because of a material used in the front driveshaft boot. It is covered for free between now and 10/12/2023 regardless of milage. I called the dealership where I purchased the Bronco and the person who picked up in Service asked if the car was making any noise, I said no but that is not the point. They said ok hold on and came back a few min later saying they would order the part and let me know when it's in.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...placement-needed-to-avoid-cracked-boot.56515/