Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sport V6 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
By all means, I would accept FMO's offer and see where that takes you..!
Sponsored

Eddie_bower

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
From the looks of the wheel in your previous post, it looks like its been curbed a time or 2. Probably why they're initially denying the claim. Are they saying the rear end is bent, or the axle shaft?

OBX WHEEL.png
Hitting a curb can easily Bend an axle and other random damage , I’ve seen it a few times

zcadman

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Rubicon 2-dr. & 2010 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hitting a curb can easily Bend an axle and other random damage , I’ve seen it a few times
I really don’t see a Chinese made cast aluminum rim being able to tweak a Dana axle or any axle, from the small amount of curb rash shown! Dana and Ford should really be embarrassed. Maybe a deep pothole or hitting a speed bump unexpectedly before slowing down. Just my 2 cents.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really don’t see a Chinese made cast aluminum rim being able to tweak a Dana axle or any axle, from the small amount of curb rash shown! Dana and Ford should really be embarrassed. Maybe a deep pothole or hitting a speed bump unexpectedly before slowing down. Just my 2 cents.
100% agree, especially that being the non-SAS wheel (I assume would be tougher). It's ridiculous to think that extremely slight scratch can damage a Dana axle to the point the OP has seen.
Dana 44 axles have been bouncing rocks in the rear of the JK since 2007 and it's considered bulletproof at OEM+ levels of modification.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sorry to hear about the results. Assuming you did you due diligence but I would be looking for a written document spelling out the details / evidence that led them to this conclusion. You never know when the documentation may come in handy. And yes - I would drive the truck of the lot to get competitive quotes

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except there is proof that the damage didn't start at 9k miles but much earlier as the brake pad was completely worn out at 9k miles. The damage started when the pad started wearing and it's reasonable to assume that a rear pad on a vehicle can last from 50 to 100k miles as the front ones do most of the work. If you extrapolate the information, it's fair to conclude that the damage started early in the life of the vehicle.
Just FYI...

That's actually not the case on our Bronco's at least the 2.7... rear pads wear first due to electric boost bias.

Mine lasted 36K fronts are still good to go.
Sponsored

Last edited: