Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got this from Camelback Ford. Sounds like a mark up to me. Even if they are giving me the "Camelback package" for the low low price of $1377. Lol

Camelback Ford will not be charging a marketing addendum and any adds will be at your discretion other than the normal Camelback package consisting of tint with a lifetime warranty, door edge guards, handle protectors, wheel locks, nitrogen and paint protection, valued at $1997 for only $1377 (this is the normal protection we put on all of our inventory). Most dealers in and out of town will be charging a large addendum or insisting on minimum amount of accessories to be added, we believe our way of giving back to the Ford enthusiast is to have no marketing adjustment and to let you pick your own accessories or not.
Hi all, finally signed up been lurking for a while. I cannot believe dealers add on this crap and expect us to pay! This is insane... I purchased 5 new trucks in my life and never have seen this, maybe its an AZ thing?
Sponsored

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been contemplating a move out to the Phoenix area. Being from Michigan, I know how to handle snow and salty roads, but I have no idea how to manage the extreme heat and sun exposure your cars take. Is there anything special you all do to take care of them or options/add-ons that are a must or should be avoided?
As others have said... Sun sun sun... Block the sun from hitting the vehicle, and you're pretty much golden, aside from long term rubber items drying out. I'm from Detroit myself, and it pains me to recall seeing those 3 year old rust buckets on the road. Salt in Michigan sounds like a racket to keep the big 3 in business lol!

Having been here for 31 years, and owning over 30 vehicles, I've gone through a lot of car covers and sunshades, paid a lot of shops to paint correct and ceramic coat cars, and spent a lot of time moving cars out of the sun and washing/waxing etc. Sand/dust is bad too, especially if you use a car cover. Rock chips on the front end and chipped windshields are unavoidable. But again, the worst thing for cars here in Arizona is UV damage.

On an off road vehicle like the Bronco, it's probably not a big deal, since you're likely to put desert pinstripes on your doors and fenders your first time out! But in general, for cars you care about, direct sun is the biggest enemy.

Fatherdeath

Wildtrak
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GMC Denali XL, 2017 Audi S6, 2010 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im in chandler now, Building a house in San tan with a 5.5 car garage that will have climate control. the bronco will stay in the garage along with the 996 and boat to protect from the heat and sun, as well as being our daily we like to avoid getting in to the car baked when loading kids in to car seats

Fatherdeath

Wildtrak
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 GMC Denali XL, 2017 Audi S6, 2010 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been contemplating a move out to the Phoenix area. Being from Michigan, I know how to handle snow and salty roads, but I have no idea how to manage the extreme heat and sun exposure your cars take. Is there anything special you all do to take care of them or options/add-ons that are a must or should be avoided?
Look at moving to the suburbs like the Gilbert, queen creek area or what not phx directly get old and way to hot fast

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wife’s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are there any areas in AZ where you can make your own trail / get off the beaten path? Still treading lightly obviously but back in the northeast you could find some amazing places going out into the wilderness. There were minimal approved trails out that way, mind you, at least in MA. NH, ME and VT were an off-roaders dream.
Yes, literally millions of acres.
Here are some suggestions for blazing your own trail:

Get on yer google box and go to land.az.gov from here you can get maps and a recreational pass to explore public lands that few people go.

Then there is a great app called OnX Offroad that is well worth getting. It will show you literally tons of trails, restrictions, their difficulty rating, how to get there and pics. The paid version even provides more features, and is well worth it.

You've picked the right state to move to if you enjoy to explore. We have so much here in AZ that is worth seeing, and It will take a Bronco to get to them all. Just don’t share our secret with any one from somewhere else that may be a liberal/progressive.

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone going with peoria ford?
Just moved my reservation from them to another dealer. My experience with the sales department there has been a cluster ****

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, finally signed up been lurking for a while. I cannot believe dealers add on this crap and expect us to pay! This is insane... I purchased 5 new trucks in my life and never have seen this, maybe its an AZ thing?
I used to work for Camelback in the service department and I was so not impressed I bought my Mustang from Chapman. Best car buying experience I’ve ever had. Giving them my first shot when the time comes. Only 589 more days to go...

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at moving to the suburbs like the Gilbert, queen creek area or what not phx directly get old and way to hot fast
Agreed, I’d avoid living in Phoenix at all costs. My first job When I moved was there and I still chose to buy a house away from all that nonsense.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually use my garage to park cars in, which obviously helps. And when I was still commuting to work I park under the provided covered parking. Seems like a majority of folks out here use the garage for storage (no basements) and park outside. No thanks.

Sponsored

PHXBronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor, 2019 JLU Moab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I used to work for Camelback in the service department and I was so not impressed I bought my Mustang from Chapman. Best car buying experience I’ve ever had. Giving them my first shot when the time comes. Only 589 more days to go...
My reservation is with Camelback. Have not heard one thing from them. Reached out to be assigned a sales manager and never received a callback. I'll be switching. No option here as good as Granger, so we'll see who rises to the top over next few weeks.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My reservation is with Camelback. Have not heard one thing from them. Reached out to be assigned a sales manager and never received a callback. I'll be switching. No option here as good as Granger, so we'll see who rises to the top over next few weeks.
When I worked there I tried to buy my car from them and all the sales people I spoke to pretty much ignored me. Their loss.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re just gonna make the trek to Granger, savings aside I owe my wife a road trip.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Born in AZ, actually Scottsdale. Live in MN now. Parents still live in AZ. Road trip out couple times a year, I can't take the heat in the valley anymore. Someday I imagine I'll move back, but will live in northern somewhere. There is so much to see and explore in AZ.

OffRoadRaider

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 C2S, Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone, AZ native checking in, grew up in Scottsdale but now live in Chandler. Can't wait to get off the paved roads. Will be making the road trip to pick mine up, haven't dealt with local domestic dealers for a very long time. Would like to get feedback on best ford service in town.
Sponsored