AZ dedicated buyers

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I am staying in-state for a dealer. I am not going to hassle with my trade in and a transport from an out-of-state dealer.
Yikes, you have a trade in?
I know everyone is concerned about the Bronco price but if trading a vehicle in THAT is where they are gonna rip you off.
Dealers dont make money on selling new vehicles, they make all their money taking in trade ins at 4k and selling it for 12k.
Try to sell your car before the bronco comes in.
Sponsored

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yikes, you have a trade in?
I know everyone is concerned about the Bronco price but if trading a vehicle in THAT is where they are gonna rip you off.
Dealers dont make money on selling new vehicles, they make all their money taking in trade ins at 4k and selling it for 12k.
Try to sell your car before the bronco comes in.
I am not concerned about my trade in at all. I am more concerned with the pricing of the Bronco.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem with going with a dealer like Granger, for me in Tucson, is that I will spend more money than I save in shipping the truck home or flying out and driving it back etc.....
My reservation is currently with Camelback, msrp.
I might look into Mcarthur as they have free shipping but then who knows how soon you actually get the truck. You are at the mercy of the shipper.
I'm pretty sure McArthur requires you to finance through them to get the free shipping.

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not concerned about my trade in at all. I am more concerned with the pricing of the Bronco.
Im not trying to be difficult, but for someone telling others they shouldn't pay more than they have to, I ask if trade in value is even a consideration to you and if not, why not?
If its not a concern with you personally it is certainly something others may want to consider. Especially if they are going to drive their trade in hundreds of miles, the dealer will have you over a barrel.

I can see it now.....
Someone rushes to the dealer because their new Bronco has arrived and they are so excited....
Ford dealer looks at their trade and shakes their head, "gee, we already have 6 (insert model here) we have taken in on trades. Ill have to see what we are willing to give you in trade."
Customer says what happened to the trade in value we discussed?
Salesman says well that was 4 months ago and with the Bronco being so popular everyone is trading their car in and we just cant value it that way but we are prepared to give you 8K under blue book. I have 50 people on my bronco waiting list, if you dont want it just say so.
So basically the few dollars you save on the front end is more than made up for on the back end.

Good luck to those trading in a vehicle.

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im not trying to be difficult, but for someone telling others they shouldn't pay more than they have to, I ask if trade in value is even a consideration to you and if not, why not?
If its not a concern with you personally it is certainly something others may want to consider. Especially if they are going to drive their trade in hundreds of miles, the dealer will have you over a barrel.

I can see it now.....
Someone rushes to the dealer because their new Bronco has arrived and they are so excited....
Ford dealer looks at their trade and shakes their head, "gee, we already have 6 (insert model here) we have taken in on trades. Ill have to see what we are willing to give you in trade."
Customer says what happened to the trade in value we discussed?
Salesman says well that was 4 months ago and with the Bronco being so popular everyone is trading their car in and we just cant value it that way but we are prepared to give you 8K under blue book. I have 50 people on my bronco waiting list, if you dont want it just say so.
So basically the few dollars you save on the front end is more than made up for on the back end.

Good luck to those trading in a vehicle.
I don't know where I ever said to someone "they shouldn't pay more than they have to". I think it is everyone's personal choice as to what route they want to go. It is none of my business.

And yes, trade-in's may be an issue with some people. I am not worried about it. Again, my personal circumstances. For others, it may be an issue. You commented to my post, so I was just responding with my example only.

Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn't necessarily say they are "ripping people off", but you if you can get a better deal, why wouldn't you?

From Chapman:
Pricing: MSRP minus any rebate. No additional markup or dealer adds. No plan deals.

Already, you can get X-Plan and get a better deal than that for $25.

I have bought from Chapman before and not had any issues. One of my reservations is with Chapman. But I have X-Plan and we have two deals that are better than MSRP, so I am definitely switching.
Exactly why Im bringing up the pitfalls with trade ins.
Not here to make enemies but it would be very shortsighted not to be fully prepared. Its not like we dont have time.
Not considering trade in value is grossly shortsighted.

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly why Im bringing up the pitfalls with trade ins.
Not here to make enemies but it would be very shortsighted not to be fully prepared. Its not like we dont have time.
Not considering trade in value is grossly shortsighted.
My comment that you highlighted was in refence to the purchase price of a Bronco. No group deal is going to negotiate your trade-in for you.

As for your trade-in advice, it is good advice for anyone who needs it. (y)

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My comment that you highlighted was in refence to the purchase price of a Bronco. No group deal is going to negotiate your trade-in for you.

As for your trade-in advice, it is good advice for anyone who needs it. (y)
Sheesh, Im not trying to negotiate a group deal on trade ins....I wont even have a trade in.
Just trying to mitigate last minute surprises.
The difference between msrp and group buy savings is minuscule when compared to what some dealers will offer you in trade vs fair market trade in value (which isnt much to begin with.)

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just call caravan or go to car max. They can quote you in five minutes online. I already have and have offers to compare with dealer.

Problem with not using trade in at dealer is you loose the tax reduction difference on new car price from trade in. My Jeep is approx $20k trade in value. That would lower my taxes by $1600 where I live. I will be trying to trade for the Bronco.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just call caravan or go to car max. They can quote you in five minutes online. I already have and have offers to compare with dealer.

Problem with not using trade in at dealer is you loose the tax reduction difference on new car price from trade in. My Jeep is approx $20k trade in value. That would lower my taxes by $1600 where I live. I will be trying to trade for the Bronco.
The tax issue is something I've seen very little discussion on. On my last purchase, my trade was worth more than the price of the new vehicle, thus I owed no tax at all. It seems no matter what you do, you won't gain enough to go to the lengths some are planning on.

Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just be prepared for the dealer to offer you wholesale on your trade.

First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Count me in.
I'm with Sanderson currently but will change to Granger if Sanderson or any other local dealer won't try to be competitive with them.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be swapping out my Non Used 33s for 35s at the dealership (likely with a mobile mounting guy if the dealership is silly). Would anyone be interested in the NEW take off 33s for a little $ off ?

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will be swapping out my Non Used 33s for 35s at the dealership (likely with a mobile mounting guy if the dealership is silly). Would anyone be interested in the NEW take off 33s for a little $ off ?
Maybe.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base

On the flip side, here in Phoenix, buying out of state will save you the local (not county) taxes.
That's about $1K on a base model.
Sponsored