gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My AGM Base has a build date of 4/10 and I’ve never seen the color in person, until today.

Came back to Northern Wisconsin because my Mom had surgery. Local Ford dealer had a pickup in AGM parked next to another pickup in Area 51.

I had been getting nervous about all the online chatter about how the colors are the same and $995 is a ripoff.

But seeing them side by side, there is no comparison. Just from the road at 45mph I could tell which was which. AGM looks soooooo much better.

Left AGM, right A51
E3E4D296-B97A-480B-9D7C-06113E3ED48C.jpeg
F732EF9C-DECE-41EC-A2DF-3F7EF938F42F.jpeg

I guess I would say AGM is a “classic “ color, whereas A51 is a “trendy” color. A51 just looked cheap compared to AGM.

I am now satisfied that I chose AGM.
A51 is more unique. AGM looks like every other bluish color offered in every other model by every other car brand.

I am not sure why you continue to trash A51. Sounds like buyers remorse.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A51 is more unique. AGM looks like every other bluish color offered in every other model by every other car brand.

I am not sure why you continue to trash A51. Sounds like buyers remorse.
LOL, take your trolling somewhere else.

I posted about my hesitation around Azure Grey based on others posting (and trolling). Then I saw both colors parked side by side. And I realized most people had not seen the colors side by side, so I posted photos for others to make their own decision.

I did say Area 51 looks cheap when parked next to Azure Grey because, quite frankly, it does. That’s my opinion. And I am glad that I paid an extra $995 to get it, so definitely no buyer’s remorse from me.

Oh, and while we are on the subject of me “trashing” Area 51, here is what you posted right here on B6G back when you were thinking about getting Cactus Grey:
Something about area 51 in direct sunlight is throwing me off. Cant tell if it just photographs poorly or what - it just looks washed out or something.
LOL.

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I posted about my hesitation around Azure Grey based on others posting (and trolling). Then I saw both colors parked side by side. And I realized most people had not seen the colors side by side, so I posted photos for others to make their own decision.

I did say Area 51 looks cheap when parked next to Azure Grey because, quite frankly, it does. That’s my opinion. And I am glad that I paid an extra $995 to get it, so definitely no buyer’s remorse from me.

Oh, and while we are on the subject of me “trashing” Area 51, here is what you posted right here on B6G back when you were thinking about getting Cactus Grey:

LOL.
[/QUOT

I literally just bought an A51 Badlands...

LOL.
I own an A51 Badlands...

Sponsored

jdoxen

Base
First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow this thread sure turned sour. Let's bring things back on track. Here's my base AGM the morning after I drove it home. I had wanted Eruption Green but this was what the dealer had on the lot. With the horror stories about custom builds I decided to take what I can get. Still my second favorite color, markup notwithstanding, and I think it pairs nicely with the steelies. Very happy with my purchase.

P_20230224_073343.jpg

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wow this thread sure turned sour. Let's bring things back on track. Here's my base AGM the morning after I drove it home. I had wanted Eruption Green but this was what the dealer had on the lot. With the horror stories about custom builds I decided to take what I can get. Still my second favorite color, markup notwithstanding, and I think it pairs nicely with the steelies. Very happy with my purchase.

Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club P_20230224_073343
Nice white top and flares!!! ;)

Tenetke

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What deflector are you using on the hood? I have the same build scheduled for 4/23 and I think I really like that...How is it working for you?
It’s an AVS deflector with some lights on it.
It’s the same brand that’s offered on the ford accessories pages through ford.com
I found this one with lights but not the one with lights all way across the hood. It seems to work fine. Mostly got it for rock chip protection and so far I’ve had none yet. I put windshield protection film on it as well. That has saved my Lightning’s windshield a handful of times already.

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s an AVS deflector with some lights on it.
It’s the same brand that’s offered on the ford accessories pages through ford.com
I found this one with lights but not the one with lights all way across the hood. It seems to work fine. Mostly got it for rock chip protection and so far I’ve had none yet. I put windshield protection film on it as well. That has saved my Lightning’s windshield a handful of times already.
So looks just like the IAG INLINE one. But that one has lights all the way across. I wish they had them where you could change from Amber to White.

The windshield protection is something I am definitely going to have to do.

I really appreciate your response. I cannot wait to actually get it in. Love that color

Bluewheels

Black Diamond
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update on a gloomy day: did not stop so no pics, but…

What a difference. I drove by at 45 mph, both pickups still parked side by side. 8:30am on a gloomy, overcast day.

A51 was a weird purpley color, whereas AGM looked the same as yesterday.

Anyone who says these colors are the same is wrong. Under some lighting conditions they may be similar, but today with the gloomy conditions they did not look similar at all.

IMHO I am glad I am spending the extra money, it’s worth it to me.
Wifey got the AGM BD. Both uncertain at first. We both agree it's an excellent color. I like that it throws different hues in different conditions.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco AZURE GRAY METALLIC Bronco Club 790F76AB-7A87-4DEC-89AA-7A2F0D2B8453
That's a beautiful Bronco, Jonah! Congrats!

Tenetke

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So looks just like the IAG INLINE one. But that one has lights all the way across. I wish they had them where you could change from Amber to White.

The windshield protection is something I am definitely going to have to do.

I really appreciate your response. I cannot wait to actually get it in. Love that color
Yes, I’ve seen lights go all the way across and they act as turn signals, very much like tailgate lights. I’m sure there will be more options as time goes on.

I went with Exoshield since there was an installer that could come to my home and install.

It can be a tough wait, but it was worth the wait. I think my reservation was in 10/20. I’m sure you’ll be more than happy when you’re driving it around!