First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those looking for an example on a Bronco. Was driving in some thick traffic so the pictures aren’t the greatest.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting E32AA838-128E-4935-95FE-63EC8F406C52

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting azure gray metallic 2023 ford bronco

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop ste

Updated with photo of Area 51 vs Azure Gray on official Bronco water bottle paint samples:

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting psx_20220917_111139-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those looking for an example on a Bronco. Was driving in some thick traffic so the pictures aren’t the greatest.

E32AA838-128E-4935-95FE-63EC8F406C52.jpeg

azure-gray-metallic-2023-ford-bronco-jpg.jpg
Thanks for the photos as these are the first of Azure Gray on a Bronco. Seeing the color on a Bronco and how it plays with the body lines provides more insight then seeing it photographed on other vehicles.

One feature that your photograph didn't intend to reveal is that there appears to be a change to the rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop step. The hoop step was first introduced on the Everglades for MY'22. It will now be an option on other trims for MY'23. But the rock rail looks different than the rock rail for MY'21 and MY'22 (excluding the Everglades). I wonder if the OG rail design is standard (Black Diamond and Badlands) and only if the optional hoop step is selected that the new rail design is included?

Closeup of the rock rails:

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop ste

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

E32AA838-128E-4935-95FE-63EC8F406C52.jpeg

azure-gray-metallic-2023-ford-bronco-jpg.jpg
The bottom angle color in direct light really looks good to me. Top is what throws me off how it flips in indirect light. It's sunny here most of the time so hopefully I'll be seeing it more from that perspective.

This pic is going to incite the black mod top people though, maybe Ford will change their mind as the MY progresses. If you're out and about again and see it can you get video vice pics? That would show how it changes but thanks for posting these.

OP
OP

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The bottom angle color in direct light really looks good to me. Top is what throws me off how it flips in indirect light. It's sunny here most of the time so hopefully I'll be seeing it more from that perspective.

This pic is going to incite the black mod top people though, maybe Ford will change their mind as the MY progresses. If you're out and about again and see it can you get video vice pics? That would show how it changes but thanks for posting these.
FYI the good photo was taken with the window down but the other one was through a tinted window so it skews it a little bit. But yes I agree th color looks great. What Area51 should have been in my opinion. And true but I heard they’re still struggling with the mod top, glad to see they’re back out on test vehicles at least. Maybe they’re going to try and surprise the market. Better to say it’s not available now and come later than say it’s gonna be late and not have it on time yet again.

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So if you include A51 we're up to 4 grey/silvers? Two blacks with shadow and AMB. And a white.

Bold color choices Ford.
I don't even consider Area 51 or Azure Grey to be grays, they are blue and damn near the same color. Also, there's no more AMB.

Sponsored

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for the photos as these are the first of Azure Gray on a Bronco. Seeing the color on a Bronco and how it plays with the body lines provides more insight then seeing it photographed on other vehicles.

One feature that your photograph didn't intend to reveal is that there appears to be a change to the rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop step. The hoop step was first introduced on the Everglades for MY'22. It will now be an option on other trims for MY'23. But the rock rail looks different than the rock rail for MY'21 and MY'22 (excluding the Everglades). I wonder if the OG rail design is standard (Black Diamond and Badlands) and only if the optional hoop step is selected that the new rail design is included?

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting azure-gray-metallic-2023-ford-bronco-
Added enhanced closeup look rock rails.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

rock rails to accommodate the optional hoop step.jpg
With the close-up photo added, it confirms the rock rail has changed to accommodate the hoop step. Hard to tell on the angle of the rail as that may be lighting giving it a less tucked in appearance. But for sure, the length of the rail has been truncated as it doesn't cover the front fender's pinch weld. I just checked on my Black Diamond and the rail covers that area completely. And many encountered problems with mud flaps on trims with rails as they protruded further than the fitment of the mudflap allowed requiring trimming of the rail or mudflap.

Edit: It is still unclear if there will be two different rock rail designs for MY'23 depending on the optional hoop step being selected. For a transitional year, we may see both styles until inventory is exhausted. And eventually, all BD/BL will get the new rail design.

The caveat is that if the angle of the rail design has changed to accommodate the hoop step. Then vendors who offer their own step for fitment on the current rock rail will need to update their design as it will be obsolete.

Last edited:

Sponsored

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like a mod top too yeah?

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm not a fan of Area 51 AND I'm frankly tired of seeing it everywhere. I like this color in a vacuum but don't understand it given the current color set, and I certainly don't get why it's an extra cost option when compared to something like Cyber Orange, which is a brilliant color in person (just not for me).

I do think this will look great on the Everglades, but I preferred the tan option myself.

Zootsgeorge

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting azure-gray-metallic-2023-ford-bronco-

Those are not rock rails that’s the removable hoop step option

0BB69011-408F-46BB-9501-35A7F3BDE1D4.png
Sponsored