Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not a fan of Area 51 AND I'm frankly tired of seeing it everywhere. I like this color in a vacuum but don't understand it given the current color set, and I certainly don't get why it's an extra cost option when compared to something like Cyber Orange, which is a brilliant color in person (just not for me).

I do think this will look great on the Everglades, but I preferred the tan option myself.
I can't believe they got rid of desert sand instead of making it available to all models. You they can't say they were worried it was too similar to Cactus Gray considering the rest of the palette.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The "rock rails" that accommodate the hoop steps are not load bearing. They will not support the weight of the vehicle.
Neither will the original rock rails despite what Esteban indicated back pre-launch. Only frame mounted rails have the capability to support the weight.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't believe they got rid of desert sand instead of making it available to all models. You they can't say they were worried it was too similar to Cactus Gray considering the rest of the palette.
Agreed! It probably had a small take rate, but I think they didn't factor in that most people who considered it also just didn't want an extra wait after it was announced as a late availability.

But we also have to figure in that the Ranger and Bronco share paint booths, and ultimately, the Ranger isn't going to be available with a bunch of wild colors. Which is a shame, because at least Toyota plays with that notion.

Example 1-17: Not my personal choice, but I see them often enough to know they sell these in the mid-sized market!
Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 1663677736212

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
50 shades of grey seems to be the them of the Bronco color palette
It is the color palette of ALL vehicles now. I feel like I am at the paint store looking at the color cards trying to decide whether to use Greek Villa or Cloud white. THEY ARE BOTH WHITE, DAMNIT! 🤪

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed! It probably had a small take rate, but I think they didn't factor in that most people who considered it also just didn't want an extra wait after it was announced as a late availability.

But we also have to figure in that the Ranger and Bronco share paint booths, and ultimately, the Ranger isn't going to be available with a bunch of wild colors. Which is a shame, because at least Toyota plays with that notion.

Example 1-17: Not my personal choice, but I see them often enough to know they sell these in the mid-sized market!
Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting PSX_20220917_111139
The Ranger Splash trim shares some of the limited Bronco colors. This year was Avalanche (Snow) Green (Forest) and Tan(Desert).

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...022-ranger-splash-limited-edition-colors.html

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am so glad that I didn't hold out for the mod top. I would have been so mad to lose out on cyber orange

Sponsored

GOATS

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Imaginary Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm 100% computer stupid. I can barely make this post. Can someone with more skills than me drop the middle (side view) pic above next to area 51 in similar light in a side-by-side. I would love to do it myself... but... I'm comstupidated.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting PSX_20220917_111139
local dealer has one of these

Ford Bronco Azure Gray Metallic 2023 Bronco (w/ new rock rails design) -- first look sighting 1663680043003

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A51.5

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

definition of "azure" - the blue color of the clear sky - so I don't really get the naming here. I think I like the color though. Is it sort of Brittany Blue but for some reason they had to use the word grey in the name?

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs