Sponsored

Azure Gray metallic tri-coat cost is insane - $99 5!!!

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got done talking to my dealer on a mock build on a 2023 Ranger. The upcharge for the new azure gray metallic tri-coat is $995!! I fully expected an upcharge. But that is crazy!!!
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s on par with what GM has been doing for years on their tri coat or tint coat paints. I was surprised that a lot of fords were only $295. Just wait til you need a panel painted. Not only are 3stage/tint coats more expensive they are harder to match and require extra steps and usually blending if an adjoining panel.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if it’ll be cheaper on the Bronco thanks to the hard/soft top. Less surface area to paint.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got done talking to my dealer on a mock build on a 2023 Ranger. The upcharge for the new azure gray metallic tri-coat is $995!! I fully expected an upcharge. But that is crazy!!!
Have you seen an example of the Azure on a vehicle? Or at least a picture?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you seen an example of the Azure on a vehicle? Or at least a picture?
Have not. But from pics and opinions it appears to be a pearly metallic version of Area 51.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have not. But from pics and opinions it appears to be a pearly metallic version of Area 51.
I just looked closely at an Azure Raptor R Monday when it came down the assembly line, I didn't see any metallic in it. It's more gray than area 51 and I was thinking it would look really good on a Bronco with black accents.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just looked closely at an Azure Raptor R Monday when it came down the assembly line, I didn't see any metallic in it. It's more gray than area 51 and I was thinking it would look really good on a Bronco with black accents.
Was there any blue or green hint to it at all or just gray?

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wonder if it’ll be cheaper on the Bronco thanks to the hard/soft top. Less surface area to paint.
Had to laugh, this may be the case but it sure seems like nothing is cheaper on a Bronco.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They pretty much always need to be blended into adjacent panels, with the extremely rare exception of getting away with a panel paint because of body trim/moldings or windows that break up our perception and it isn't nearly as noticeable.

Tri-coats are a pain. Sure, they look good most of the time, but if a person is touchy or worried about chips, scratches or body damage that needs repair/replacement, then a tri-coat isn't for you.

It's my personal opinion, though, since it's not my money or vehicle.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Ford Bronco Azure Gray metallic tri-coat cost is insane - $99 5!!! 1659609804056

Snagged these photos from the F150 forum. To my eye, the pearl in AZG tones down the baby blue in A51 giving a metallic sheen. No hint of green as someone asked about earlier.
Is Azure Gray Metallic the Peak Blue Metallic (Legend-ary Blue)from the touch up paint thread? Those pics on the F-150 look similar to the sprayed chassis from long ago.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is Azure Gray Metallic the Peak Blue Metallic (Legend-ary Blue)from the touch up paint thread? Those pics on the F-150 look similar to the sprayed chassis from long ago.
Not to my eye. Azure Gray Metallic is much more gray and the bluish-gray tones only come out with direct light.
Sponsored