Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Azure Gray - Which one is it Ford??? Bronco Azure Gray
Ford Bronco Azure Gray - Which one is it Ford??? Lightning Azure Gray
Ford Bronco Azure Gray - Which one is it Ford??? F250SD Azure Gray
Ford Bronco Azure Gray - Which one is it Ford??? Azure Gray Paing Swatch

So each of these photos are directly from the Ford website. Each image is Azure Gray according to ford. None of them look anything alike. The Bronco looks blueish, the Lightning looks silverish, and the F250 looks greenish. The image capture of the paint swatch is the one I'd like to trust, but who knows...
Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is so frustrating. I really want to jump on board with this color, but the Bronco already has too many colors that don't look like you think they would in person.

@Ford Motor Company, just paint a Wildtrak/Badlands/Outerbanks and snap a few pictures. Especially if you want to charge $1,000 for it.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of them are AGM. It is a pearl paint. It will be a different color based on the lighting conditions.

OP
OP

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of them are AGM. It is a pearl paint. It will be a different color based on the lighting conditions.
I understand the pearl part. But, none of those are actual photos in lighting. I think they're all computer generated images. And to me it looks like the base colors are different. Like completely different.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lots of other posts on this but the latest color give away has been the '23 Super Duty videos that are out there plus the few HE spy shots of AGM on an actual Bronco.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my opinion… find an F-150 in that color. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

It’s one of those colors like Antimatter Blue and Cactus Gray. The actual color varies widely based on the lighting conditions, and it’s nearly impossible to demonstrate that difference using renders online, or even press photos.

But here are some decent photos by Ford Authority of Azure Gray on the new SuperDuty.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray - Which one is it Ford??? 1664890746809

Having seen an Azure Gray in person, I can tell you I most likely would have mistaken it for Area 51 if it wasn’t sitting next to a Bronco Sport in Area 51. Best way I can describe it is a slightly darker shade of Area 51 with more “shine” to it (probably the pearlescent coat in top) rather than the relatively flat color Area 51 is.

But yeah, find one in person. In the case of AMB… press photos looked fantastic but in-person on a cloudy day it looks nearly black. And CG on a sunny day you can absolutely tell it has a hint of blueish green in it. On a darker cloudy day it looks straight gray. I’m looking outside (raining today) and my CG looks gray with the slightest hint of green to it. And the only reason why I can tell it has any green in it is because it’s sitting next to a white bucket.

OP
OP

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my opinion… find an F-150 in that color. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

It’s one of those colors like Antimatter Blue and Cactus Gray. The actual color varies widely based on the lighting conditions, and it’s nearly impossible to demonstrate that difference using renders online, or even press photos.

But here are some decent photos by Ford Authority of Azure Gray on the new SuperDuty.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray - Which one is it Ford??? 1664890746809

Having seen an Azure Gray in person, I can tell you I most likely would have mistaken it for Area 51 if it wasn’t sitting next to a Bronco Sport in Area 51. Best way I can describe it is a slightly darker shade of Area 51 with more “shine” to it (probably the pearlescent coat in top) rather than the relatively flat color Area 51 is.

But yeah, find one in person. In the case of AMB… press photos looked fantastic but in-person on a cloudy day it looks nearly black. And CG on a sunny day you can absolutely tell it has a hint of blueish green in it. On a darker cloudy day it looks straight gray. I’m looking outside (raining today) and my CG looks gray with the slightest hint of green to it. And the only reason why I can tell it has any green in it is because it’s sitting next to a white bucket.
Appreciate the comments. I get what you're saying about the CG. That was my original color, but there's already three others in my neighborhood that are CG and two others that are A51, and I just want something different. So, considering the AGM. Having seen it live, you described it as darker than A51 (and obviously a little shinier due to metallic coat). In pictures, AZM looks a little more bluish grey whereas A51 has a little greenish hue to it as well. Is that accurate?

AV99GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
[QUOTE="...I can describe it is a slightly darker shade of Area 51 with more “shine” to it (probably the pearlescent coat in top)...
[/QUOTE]
So there is no metallic flake to this color? By metallic flake I mean like how Carbonized Gray is.

Thanks

nrlucas

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Buick Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are all clearly Area 52.

Ford Bronco Azure Gray - Which one is it Ford??? 6u6p2

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate the comments. I get what you're saying about the CG. That was my original color, but there's already three others in my neighborhood that are CG and two others that are A51, and I just want something different. So, considering the AGM. Having seen it live, you described it as darker than A51 (and obviously a little shinier due to metallic coat). In pictures, AZM looks a little more bluish grey whereas A51 has a little greenish hue to it as well. Is that accurate?
It’s hard to describe colors to be honest… but AZM looks a little more “purple-ish” blue-gray, while A51 is a more flat “steel“ blue color.

This isn’t to say AZM is purple, it’s just the metallic coat kind of gives it an effect that almost gives it a very slight purple hue in certain lighting conditions. Similar but much less pronounced than pearlescent paints. You can just tell it has an extra layer on it, and I’m guessing without that extra layer that purple-ish hue would go away. (Could be wrong though, I know little about automotive paint.)
So there is no metallic flake to this color? By metallic flake I mean like how Carbonized Gray is.

Thanks
Naw there is definitely metallic flake in it. But it isn’t super pronounced and doesn’t make a gigantic difference in how the color looks in my opinion. The color itself is already pretty light, so the metallic flake doesn’t really stand out until you get up close and really look at it.

Granted compared to Area 51 it is very metallic, but Area 51 is just a super flat color to begin with. But Azure Gray Metallic it isn’t like Eruption Green where the paint almost has almost this cool golden metallic flake quality to it.
Sponsored