Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@mpeugeot , do you remember if the B&O kick speakers had capacitors on them? I wouldn't think so because they are powered by the DSP/amp (but you never know...). My build is supposed to happen next week, so I'm getting my speaker swaps ready to go.
Sponsored

eduard4us

Outer Banks
First Name
Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@mpeugeot , do you remember if the B&O kick speakers had capacitors on them? I wouldn't think so because they are powered by the DSP/amp (but you never know...). My build is supposed to happen next week, so I'm getting my speaker swaps ready to go.
They do not have capacitors. All the 4” speakers do have thou. B&O system

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They do not have capacitors. All the 4” speakers do have thou. B&O system
Thanks. I will put 300 Hz capacitors on the 4" Hertz Dieci 100.3 speakers. I am going with https://www.crutchfield.com/S-jVfDP...Tid9zkUNMnsEYNNzWizSk_QEBfi7jOtBoCPZoQAvD_BwE

for the kick panels. I like that the SV165.1s are more efficient(97db), which I think is necessary because of the acoustically awkward location of the kick panels. I think a lot of people who think that their dash replacements are too "bright" are actually getting overpowered by more efficient 4" speakers than the factory ones that they are replacing.

Down the road, I could see an amped setup with a tuned dsp. This is enough to get me going until I start ripping out the back trim and sound deading/ sub upgrades.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, I think aftermarket companies that are doing a brace over the front seats should really think about speaker mounts there.
Sponsored