First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know or have a rough estimate on how much the B&O system would cost if it were to be added as an audio system?
LOL, well, based on the quality of the components selected... assuming that they probably use the same head unit (with different features enabled - like center channel and sub-woofer). I would say that the overall value is approaching $200. $125 for the sub-woofer amp, $50 for the sub-woofer speaker, and $25 for the center channel speaker.

The B&O system is really nothing special that you couldn't otherwise for far less money. The front center channel wouldn't be missed much, and the sub-woofer, well that's nothing special either. I do wonder what Ford would value it as a stand-alone option, but anything over $300 would be way too much!

Also, I would bet you would exceed the performance of an unmodified B&O system by upgrading the stock speakers to something nice. I am a bit annoyed that it needed all new speakers just to sound decent.
Sponsored

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
there is some typos in the graphic for the B&o system.

the front LH & RH speakers are 100mm with a 25mm tweeter on top. there is also an amp on top of the subwoofer that is omitted. (Probably already mentioned)

i've seen various questions about what signal the rear pods receive. in all the ford B&o systems, the amplifier applies DSP to each channel, even if it powered by the head unit. meaning, the rear pods most likely have DSP on them that is set by the amp.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
there is some typos in the graphic for the B&o system.

the front LH & RH speakers are 100mm with a 25mm tweeter on top. there is also an amp on top of the subwoofer that is omitted. (Probably already mentioned)

i've seen various questions about what signal the rear pods receive. in all the ford B&o systems, the amplifier applies DSP to each channel, even if it powered by the head unit. meaning, the rear pods most likely have DSP on them that is set by the amp.
The rear pods on the B&O system cut at approximately 150Hz.

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I finally got my Bronco with B&O sound...

I'm pleasantly surprised to be honest. It's way better than the B&O in my wife's Explorer, closer to the F-150 as far as the overall balance and fullness. I'm less inclined to upgrade now.

It could definitely use more "thump" but that's expected. However, even the factory sub provides enough bump to rattle the crap out of the plastic panels... so maybe more isn't better.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with EXO, I'm a pretty heavy home audio guy and have had some great car systems over the years. The Bronco B&O is not bad at all when fed a good signal(Tidal, Amazon HD). I planned to replace drivers right away but I'm going to give it some break in time then reevaluate.

Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll echo the comments above that the B&O far exceeded my expectations. After having my dealer's mannequin (standard audio) for about 2 weeks while my F150 was in the shop, I just knew I was going to have to replace the speakers. After picking it up on Tuesday and driving it for the first couple hundred miles, there may be some things to look at but for an open air vehicle where sound is never going to be the main focus, I may place my efforts elsewhere.

I will say that the biggest draw to having the B&O system for me was having the subwoofer hidden and out of the way. I had considered replacing the sub with another brand/model but I think I might just try putting some poly fill inside and perhaps lining the inside or outside with some sound deadening material to stiffen it up a little bit. I've also read about potential rattles which I may or may not have heard and want to spend part of the first weekend with the Bronco checking out the areas that need improvement.

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will say that the biggest draw to having the B&O system for me was having the subwoofer hidden and out of the way. I had considered replacing the sub with another brand/model but I think I might just try putting some poly fill inside and perhaps lining the inside or outside with some sound deadening material to stiffen it up a little bit.
i would be careful with stuffing the box with poly fill as it is a ported box. increasing the effective volume of the internal volume will lower the resonant point of the port. Depending on the EQ done, it may make it sound worse.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would be careful with stuffing the box with poly fill as it is a ported box. increasing the effective volume of the internal volume will lower the resonant point of the port. Depending on the EQ done, it may make it sound worse.
Right now I'd be happy if I could just isolate some of the rattles that occur at certain frequencies/volume levels.

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right now I'd be happy if I could just isolate some of the rattles that occur at certain frequencies/volume levels.
some others reported that some of the fasteners in that area could use a few more turns (behind that trim panel). that would be my first place to look as it is closest to the sub

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I finally got my Bronco with B&O sound...

I'm pleasantly surprised to be honest. It's way better than the B&O in my wife's Explorer, closer to the F-150 as far as the overall balance and fullness. I'm less inclined to upgrade now.

It could definitely use more "thump" but that's expected. However, even the factory sub provides enough bump to rattle the crap out of the plastic panels... so maybe more isn't better.
I agree with EXO, I'm a pretty heavy home audio guy and have had some great car systems over the years. The Bronco B&O is not bad at all when fed a good signal(Tidal, Amazon HD). I planned to replace drivers right away but I'm going to give it some break in time then reevaluate.
All I would have to say is come and have a seat in mine. I don't feel the need to replace the sub yet, but all the other speakers made a world of difference.

Sponsored

EXO Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Audi S4, Raptor (Previously)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I would have to say is come and have a seat in mine. I don't feel the need to replace the sub yet, but all the other speakers made a world of difference.
Ignorance is bliss… it’s better that I DONT hear yours. 😂

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you swapped your B&Os drivers out? Do tell!

I'm planning to swap the front three out but not near as rushed as I expected...figured I'd give it some break in time first.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What size bolt is in the bottom of the rear speaker pod on the roll bar? Thanks

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
you swapped your B&Os drivers out? Do tell!

I'm planning to swap the front three out but not near as rushed as I expected...figured I'd give it some break in time first.
I swapped the front three with Morel Maximo Ultra Coax 402 Mk II, the kick panel speakers with Morel Maximo Ultra Coax 602 Mk II, and the rear speakers with Morel Maximo Coax 4 speakers. That's every speaker except the sub-woofer.

It's not as powerful as I might want, but it's clean sounding (by comparison to B&O stock) all the way to max volume. It's way better and has good thump without adjusting the tone controls, balance, or fader.

Bogs

Black Diamond
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black diamond 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi , Please tell where to buy the B&O system upgrade so that everything will just fit. I have a Bronco black Diamond :)
Sponsored