Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have any info on ease of access to the dash 4in speakers? Is the dash/grill/cover pop off, screw down, solid to the dash?

Wondering if the whole top of the dash has to be removed or if the grill section can be popped off/removed to gain access.

Also anyone think the rear pods holes could be enlarged to fit a 5.25 speaker?
Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have any info on ease of access to the dash 4in speakers? Is the dash/grill/cover pop off, screw down, solid to the dash?

Wondering if the whole top of the dash has to be removed or if the grill section can be popped off/removed to gain access.

I'm fully questioning the location of the dash speakers. I'm betting that a set of nice component speakers in the kick panel and a sub will be a good route. I ordered B&O LUX, if it's not adequate that's where I'm headed first.

Csn_87

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Not my video, but this might answer some of those questions.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

question for the car audio guys - LUX / B&O or aftermarket?
better sound is the only reason I'm considering LUX but doesn't seem worth it

I'm assuming, and what I've read in other threads, for the $ a much better aftermarket system can be installed
ergo, additional & better speakers, amp and sub that don't take a lot of space and look just as good as factory?
My Ford mechanic and I were discussing speakers. He has the B&O in his F250 and he says it isn’t very good. In his opinion only mustangs have decent speakers. I plan on going aftermarket in my Badlands.

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco B&O and Base Speaker Size and Location tempsni

were is the rear woofer at?

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So…..not an audiophile but I love to listen to good sounding music. I drove the wildtrak and was not impressed with B&O. Due to the limited availability of lux I went with the high package and figured I would switch out the speakers. When I look at the graphic of the B&O system, I wonder…..can I recreate that, including the center dash speaker and the sub…..just adding new / better speakers to the stock system? Would I need an amp? And why does the dealer supposedly need to “reflash” the system if they install the rear sound bar—do you have to do that when replacing or adding any speakers?

OP
OP
EquusBronsis

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So…..not an audiophile but I love to listen to good sounding music. I drove the wildtrak and was not impressed with B&O. Due to the limited availability of lux I went with the high package and figured I would switch out the speakers. When I look at the graphic of the B&O system, I wonder…..can I recreate that, including the center dash speaker and the sub…..just adding new / better speakers to the stock system? Would I need an amp? And why does the dealer supposedly need to “reflash” the system if they install the rear sound bar—do you have to do that when replacing or adding any speakers?
In a word, yes. You probably can get close the B&O setup with a DSP, measuring software, new amp/s, subwoofer etc. I would recommend that you speak with a car audio installer to lead you.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

It depends if you want clarity/accuracy, or just loud with overblown bass. If it's the latter you will need more power and speakers. Now you can get a huge improvement in sound quality, clarity and imaging by just swapping out the standard speakers. The center channel is unnecessary in a vehicle in my opinion. In a confined space with a bunch of glass where you are forced to sit on one side or the other it's more for looks and marketing than anything else. Some $50 speakers in the front and rear sides, a bass and an amp to power it will absolutely blow the BO system away. I've heard that B&O system and it was awful. I'd like to see someone pull them out and take a look at what they really are. They sound like some $10 paper cone speakers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EquusBronsis

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it was me redoing the base system, I'd buy very high quality 6.5" coaxial speakers for the kick panels with my own built crossover and high quality 2 channel amp, maybe a sub, depends. Dump the rear and dash speakers.

Last edited:

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, over in the Jeep world, one of the things I'm known for is the PRS audio system, taking the factory Infinity/Alpine system and making it sound like it should have from the factory. Literally hundreds of people have done these mods, maybe over 1000...

I'm not a critical audio listener now in my older age, but I hate really crappy sounding systems. I'm expecting someone like Select Increments or Xtreme Enclosures to have a vehicle specific sub box for these pretty quickly. I'm thinking on top of the rear passenger wheel well in the cargo area maybe... But with only 1 set of 6.5's in the base system, bass is going to be non existent.

So, matching up the aftermarket speakers to the factory amp and working for a significant improvement in efficiency, along with a modest sub, we should be able to being some life in to the base 6 speaker at a reasonable $$. Mind you, sheer volume isn't the goal, just a decent sounding musical system.

The dash will be the key to decent vocals and high frequency performance. Usually windshield reflectance works well, but these, like a Jeep have a very vertical windshield, so that will be something to look at. We'll want as much mid-bass as possible form the 6.5 and the rear will be fill and need to match the front to keep from sounding out of place.

Sadly, it will be a long time before I get to work on one and see what's possible.... Hopefully people will share their experiences so that we can have a decent amount of data as we move along.

Last edited:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to do a simple upgrade of the base system without getting into adding amps or difficult removal of interior pieces? I.e just swap to upgraded speakers at the same impedance?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs