DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn, I hit volume 30 with the roof off during the summer doing highway driving. Swapping out speaker to get clearer sound. Looks like I may need to do an amp.
Sponsored

Boosted2.3L

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, I hit volume 30 with the roof off during the summer doing highway driving. Swapping out speaker to get clearer sound. Looks like I may need to do an amp.
I’m kinda in the same boat, I plan to swap speakers and plan to listen at Max volume during summer months. Why isn’t there a cleaner way to just “swap speakers with these ratings”? Installing additional amps require so much more money even if installing it yourself, might not be worth it. Maybe bass boosters will protect the speakers?

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you just do a speaker swap, no change to the amp? Also what is you "typical listening volume"?
Yeah, I just did all 4 corners. No amp.

The new speakers are a little less sensitive so my normal listening volume went from 12 to about 14-15. With the increased knob volume I notice that the bass from the factory B&O sub was a little annoying sometimes so I bumped that down a few notches in the EQ and inceased the treble about the same amount.

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have the KSC404s and they sound great. I almost got the 46CSC44s but after doing a little ore research I am glad I spent a bit more cash.

My guess is that the OP just got a defective speaker.
How are your speakers holding up? Did you make any additional changes, or are you still very happy with them?

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I swapped all of my speakers out for my B&O system but made sure to put 300Hz bass blockers for the two from left/right dash speakers (Hertz DSX 100 4" L&R) as well as the center speaker (PRV Midrange C). I drive with the volume between 15-18 and don't really worry about blowing the speakers out. Side note the kick panel 6.5 and rear speakers (I replaced mine with the 6.5" Mabett adapter) don't need the bass blockers either.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are your speakers holding up? Did you make any additional changes, or are you still very happy with them?
They are still kicking (pun intended) and sound great. The highs are very nice.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just found this thread.

Over a year ago I replaced the dash corner speakers with Hertz CX100 and the center with the PRV woofer a lot of members have been using, and they have been great.

Bronco just went to the dealer for the wiper motor recall and to fix the wireless charging pad. On the drive home I didn't notice anything wrong with the audio until pulling in my driveway. Now Both dash corner speakers are distorting something crazy--especially between 200 and 400hz. I have the stock B&O amp. I'm assuming the speakers are now toast, and the amp is the likely the cause? Would appreciate any further insight.

Did anyone who added 300hz bass blockers to their dash corners--while still using the stock B&O amp--end up with any further issues? I don't really feel like dropping another pair of $200 speakers into this to have it happen again.

Last edited:

LiftedPony

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak 4dr, Porsche GT4, Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just found this thread.

Over a year ago I replaced the dash corner speakers with Hertz CX100 and the center with the PRV woofer a lot of members have been using, and they have been great.

Bronco just went to the dealer for the wiper motor recall and to fix the wireless charging pad. On the drive home I didn't notice anything wrong with the audio until pulling in my driveway. Now Both dash corner speakers are distorting something crazy--especially between 200 and 400hz. I have the stock B&O amp. I'm assuming the speakers are now toast, and the amp is the likely the cause? Would appreciate any further insight.

Did anyone who added 300hz bass blockers to their dash corners--while still using the stock B&O amp--end up with any further issues? I don't really feel like dropping another pair of $200 speakers into this to have it happen again.
I previously had JBL C1-400x with no bass blocker in dash, and B&O amp which Left speaker blew at about volume 20 after 3 months of use. Replaced with Hertz DSX 100 4" L&R with 300Hz for over a year now and zero issues.
Sponsored