First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the B&O system in my 2 door. Prior to the past week or two, it's been okay other than rattling like crazy around the sub. Recently, it has started making popping noises through one or more speakers. (Ever plugged it unplugged a guitar amp with the volume up and power on? That's the noise...) It started recently doing this randomly and very infrequently. Over the past week or so, it is becoming noticeably more frequent. It will definitely make you jump when it pops. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Besides the fact that it's my only vehicle, I really don't want to send it to the dealer for weeks so that they can rip all of the plastic trim off. I can only imagine the rattles that would come from the unreplaced, broken plastic clips. Open to suggestions, yet can't tell which one/ones it is emanating from.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the B&O system in my 2 door. Prior to the past week or two, it's been okay other than rattling like crazy around the sub. Recently, it has started making popping noises through one or more speakers. (Ever plugged it unplugged a guitar amp with the volume up and power on? That's the noise...) It started recently doing this randomly and very infrequently. Over the past week or so, it is becoming noticeably more frequent. It will definitely make you jump when it pops. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Besides the fact that it's my only vehicle, I really don't want to send it to the dealer for weeks so that they can rip all of the plastic trim off. I can only imagine the rattles that would come from the unreplaced, broken plastic clips. Open to suggestions, yet can't tell which one/ones it is emanating from.
Hi Alan! I can look into your Bronco's noise concerns on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is in for a rattling sub now. It got so bad I practically had to turn it off. I also noticed that the airplay would do odd things like power only the rf and rr speakers. Switching to sirius and back would usually fix the issue. The SYNC software has been great, but the speakers, amp, and sub have been horrendous. I was planning on eventually upgrading to a JL setup and tossing everything from BO after a couple years, but that timeline is definitely moving up.

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a similar noise during big bass hits.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, yup, and yup... The sub rattle has been there since day one and is bad enough that I can't tell you if the B&O sounds good or not underneath it all. Also, dead-on with the bass hits. Being an only vehicle, I'm not looking forward to giving it up for a period of time while they tear into it. I'm just going to have to suck it up and let them have it. I really, really, really want to like the B&O system. I do think it has potential.

Macloven

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500e, Svartpilen 401
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another one with bad rattling from B&O system, 4 door. I was going to be a sound engineer in my younger days, so stuff like this drives me nuts! For now turned down the bass and will have the dealer look at it on first visit.

BruceWayne22

Badlands
First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone had any luck getting this fixed? Mine just started yesterday when I adjusted the treble (-) and bass (+) 😭

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ya know what…my non-B&O with upgraded 4” were popping for a few days out of nowhere. It stopped. I feel there was some OTA update that messed with some things. I lost a few custom chime settings I had adjusted in Forscan too. Those I need to reset.

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ive seen a few reports on here and other bronco forums of a handful of places that are causing the rattle

1. just under the subwoofer the sheetmetal could be touching the subwoofer
2. the top of the subwoofer and the trim panel

seems fairly hit or miss but if you are having the problem its worth peeling back the trim IMO and taking a quick look. if there is more interest i can try to find the other posts

Sponsored

BruceWayne22

Badlands
First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ive seen a few reports on here and other bronco forums of a handful of places that are causing the rattle

1. just under the subwoofer the sheetmetal could be touching the subwoofer
2. the top of the subwoofer and the trim panel

seems fairly hit or miss but if you are having the problem its worth peeling back the trim IMO and taking a quick look. if there is more interest i can try to find the other posts
I’d take any info you can find! Going in on the 20th to troubleshoot. I was 5 min from the dealer today when it started again, of course it quit by the time I got there :(

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll just add here that I took mine in for a rattling sub also and they said they replaced the speaker. They also broke the trim in the back and I didn't realize until after I picked it up, so now I'm hunting on the parts site for the trim to replace it.

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d take any info you can find! Going in on the 20th to troubleshoot. I was 5 min from the dealer today when it started again, of course it quit by the time I got there :(
so this thread has the second item i mentioned. Subwoofer Rattle? I think I gotter licked. | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

i couldnt find the thread on the first part so i just grabbed a screenshot from someone elses post to show the area im talking about.

Ford Bronco B&O popping speakers 1657756334770

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seeing how I just ripped my rear trim off and installed my own box.. I'd order some kill at from Amazon pull the stock sub enclosure out and kill mat around it. That should stop the rattle. The popping you may need to do more troubleshooting to figure it out

TheRealLizG

Badlands
First Name
Lizeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just started to make the popping noise today. Had CarPlay connected listening to music. I thought a rock hit my windshield or the roof. Then 5 minutes later another loud pop and my music wouldn’t play at all. No sound coming through. Arrived home at that point so I shut off the vehicle. Got back in 10 minutes later to drive and sound was back. No popping yet. We’ll see if this continues tomorrow. 🤷🏻‍♀️No rattling sound, only my dang window when it’s part way down and I hit a bump. Another annoying occurrence. My jeep doesn’t even do that.
Sponsored