Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150 lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very cool and helpful. I appreciate the writeup. I'm going with all Alpine or Audison. Haven't decided yet. By chance, does anyone know or has anyone seen what the crossover frequencies are for the different speakers for the B&O system?
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is awesome, thanks. Also evidence that most factory "upgraded" sound system options are a scam. The Beats system in my Durango is crap.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purposely did not order the B&O as I thought it was way over priced for the quality and you have re-affirmed that I did make the correct decision. When I do eventually get my Bronco, it has only been a year so far, I will use your insights to create a great sound system. Thank you, and cmcbronco for your awesome threads!

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been waiting for this exact write up! I like the b&o system, but I don't love it. An upgrade is in my future.

Sponsored

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just swapped our the two front dash corner speakers with Focal ACX100s and immediately ordered 2 more pairs for the center speaker and rears (will have an extra if anyone is interested). Wow, what a difference.

Will probably end up replacing the kick panel speakers as well. For $130, why not?

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! I'll be doing this for sure on my ride and probably just some simple speaker swaps and poly fill to her B*O system.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stupid question but is there three of the 4” speakers in the dash on the non B&O system? I don’t have my bronco yet but am buying audio replacements

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be the only one who thinks the B&O is pretty good. My familiarity is with various complete aftermarket systems, multiple harman kardon BMW systems and most recently the 19 speaker harman kardon in the grand Cherokee summit. The soundstage in the bronco sucks, but there is no fixing that without door speakers. But clarity is great. It looks like your write up doesn’t change the soundstage at all. Also am I correct in thinking you didn’t change the speaker amplifier at all?

full disclosure, the factory sub was horrific. I swapped it out with a JL12W7AE-3 and a alpine PDX M.12. Here’s my write up.

https://www.bronco6g.com/bo-sub-removal-and-replacement-with-jl-w7-quick-disconnect/

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your write-up exudes enthusiasm...and it can be challenging to find projects that engender that level of passion. Good for you!

Sponsored

JL724

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question for the center dash cover removal. I removed the accessory mount with the two Torx screws and was able to get the front of the speaker cover (closest to the windshield) to release, but the back (closest to the dash) doesn't want to pop out? I've pulled on it pretty hard but am worried about snapping something. Any suggestions?

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for the center dash cover removal. I removed the accessory mount with the two Torx screws and was able to get the front of the speaker cover (closest to the windshield) to release, but the back (closest to the dash) doesn't want to pop out? I've pulled on it pretty hard but am worried about snapping something. Any suggestions?
it has a small lip tucked under the dash and it takes a fair amount of force.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great right up. I recently finished my upgrade and it's way better overall. It's ashame Ford didn't spend a few bucks on better drivers but it's good business for the aftermarket!

My biggest takeway was upgrading the kicks had the least impact and subjective if they are even worth swapping. Sealing up the enclosure with kilamat had more impact than swapping the driver(I tried Rockford Fosgate and JL 6.5s, currently factory driver is back in).