Sponsored

B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Is it worth it? How about stand-a-lone purchase $$

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BO audio is just a name, could be junk or could be great

Remember how people used to make a big deal about bose? This is the exact same thing

Id consider it as an audio upgrade, but the BO name is basically a licensing play to trick you into thinking it's fancier than it really is
Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the B & O, you have to start with one of these. That's $549.00 before any upgrades you choose.
https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT889/zen-a2b-dsp12a-a2b.html
You can go much less expensive and still retain all of the Sync features with an iDatalink Maestro AR (Amplifier and Speaker Replacement) or RR (Radio Replacement). They go for about $100. They normally have a harness to tie into the factory amplifier to grab the inputs as well for another $20-$30.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-2QZQ4...Dnx7ZQ81owbIhdT5NCEzkp03vT1t3JfhoCvNsQAvD_BwE

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can go much less expensive and still retain all of the Sync features with an iDatalink Maestro AR (Amplifier and Speaker Replacement) or RR (Radio Replacement). They go for about $100. They normally have a harness to tie into the factory amplifier to grab the inputs as well for another $20-$30.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-2QZQ4...Dnx7ZQ81owbIhdT5NCEzkp03vT1t3JfhoCvNsQAvD_BwE
Are you saying you can keep the "lower" audio system and use this harness and add amp, inputs, etc...?

How hard do you think it will be to upgrade existing speakers that could handle a better amp?

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At 5 large for the lux, take the B&O to the audio shop and change out for JL Audio amp, sub and speakers. Then when you're wheelin' on the trail, you can roll up the window, turn on the AC, crank the tunes and watch the jeeps eat dust.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife had the audiophile option on her old Tarus X....best factory sound system I have ever heard. Unfortunately, this is not the case in her Expedition.

broncobob94

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Calling any vehicle based stereo an "audiophile" system doesn't make sense to me. A vehicle doesn't lend itself to an audiophile experience and premium factory stereos have always underwhelmed me.

I find subwoofers in cars to detract for the most part. Nothing drives me more mad than hearing the rattle or vibrations of the sub and its housing or whatever.

Also wattage =/= quality.

I'd call myself and audiophile but I'm not an audio snob. The basic stereo will be decent enough to turn up over highway noise and I'll save the true listening experience for home and save some money.
As patrons of this forum, we shall agree to not use =/=. We shall hereon forward use !=.

Best regards,
broncobob94

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can almost assure you that the base system will be really bad. Even the B&O upgrade in some of Ford's other vehicles are trash so who knows.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Calling any vehicle based stereo an "audiophile" system doesn't make sense to me. A vehicle doesn't lend itself to an audiophile experience and premium factory stereos have always underwhelmed me.

I find subwoofers in cars to detract for the most part. Nothing drives me more mad than hearing the rattle or vibrations of the sub and its housing or whatever.

Also wattage =/= quality.

I'd call myself and audiophile but I'm not an audio snob. The basic stereo will be decent enough to turn up over highway noise and I'll save the true listening experience for home and save some money.
To add to your point, most car stereos are certainly not “audiophile” compared to home systems, but for as much time as I spend in my vehicle, I’ll pay for upgraded audio over most horrible stock systems, and factory upgraded systems have less issues in my experience. Also a decent factory sub usually does enough to round out the music but not cause rattles in any modern car I’ve driven.

I guess with the removable roof panels we can’t count on the getting the new Acura TLX ceiling mounted speakers and 3D audio as an upgrade ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys think it will be offered as a stand alone. If so, how much do you think it will be? Thanks everyone!!

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you guys think it will be offered as a stand alone. If so, how much do you think it will be? Thanks everyone!!
Not sure, but I’d guess $1k if not in a package.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For what the Lux package costs I can get a ton off great sounding after market equipment and even pay to have it in stalled. I wont do that, but I could.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The B & O systems Ford uses are not the same on every model. As you get up into higher level models like Explorer, it offers a 14 speaker 980 watt system. The Bronco 10 speaker system won't come anywhere near that, although it will be better than the base system.

Here's some info on B & O in the new F-150

https://news.harman.com/blog/blog_articles-20200629
This is one of my concerns. I want it to be good but I don't think it will be. The Sony system in a Focus RS is terrible garbage compared to the Sony system in a Lariat F150 of the same year. Ford uses the same 'brand' for all of their upgrade systems, but they are not built equal. Only some models get the good one.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the f150, you can get a kicker sub separate from the b&o system. I wonder if something similar will be offered on the bronco.
Sponsored