Sponsored

B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Is it worth it? How about stand-a-lone purchase $$

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You will definitely be able to put a much better system in aftermarket for the same price as the B&O upgrade. I spent about $650 on my Explorer for a 5 channel Fosgate amp and some Fosgate Components in the front and Co-axials in the back doors with a 10" shallow mount Pioneer sub. Blows away any factory premium system. Of course one of the major things that helps is I sound treated all 4 doors and the back tailgate so it wouldnt vibrate, killed road noise, and upped the mid-base a lot. Worth the $57 I paid for the sound dampening material and a couple hours of my time. Definitely going to be putting in some Focal 3-way Components in the front of the Bronco and probably some Focal Co-axials in the pods in the back. Mount a small sub box with 8's in it under the back seat and throw a nice AudioControl amp in the back with a DSP in it. Then put sound dampener everywhere and it should sound great when the roof is on, and be plenty loud when the roof is off.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As long as I can hear the buzzing of my tires and the sounds of the great outdoors, I could care less about the speakers.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd have a hard time ripping out a $1k sound system (if that is even a stand-alone option) to replace it with an aftermarket system. My plan is to just go with the standard system then upgrade after a year or two once there are numerous after-market options available.

I'll just add it to the list of cool mods that I plan to do.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you saying you can keep the "lower" audio system and use this harness and add amp, inputs, etc...?

How hard do you think it will be to upgrade existing speakers that could handle a better amp?
Basically it lets you bypass the factory amp, or bypass just certain channels on the factory amp and pass those signals to an aftermarket amplifier. Most factory speakers can be replaced fairly easily with a door panel removal tool (Even for Dash mounts like the Bronco). They also usually sell for pretty cheap speaker adapters for the wires or any specific mounting hardware you need. So far we know there are 2 speakers in the dash (3 with the B&O because of the center channel), assuming 2 tweeters in the A pillar for the B&O unless the mount them coaxial style inside the dash and count them as 4 speakers, then 2 speakers in the pods in the back (Possibly counted as four like the fronts), and a sub in the back quarter panel for the B&O. I would assume this is not going to be very heard to upgrade, the only issue you have is you cant use the doors for speaker locations since they are removable. Limits your choices on where to locate speakers. I'm planning on 3 way components in the front with the 6.5" woofer in the kickpanel, 3" mid in the factory dash location, and a tweeter in the A Pillar. Then put some nice Coaxials in the back pods and get a nice amplifier and the interface to the factory system. Plop some subs under the back seat (Doesnt look very big, but should fit a couple of 8" subs) and you should be set.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what the Lux package costs I can get a ton off great sounding after market equipment and even pay to have it in stalled. I wont do that, but I could.
IMO, that depends if you've already upgraded to mid or high or not. $1500 isn't going to get you much especially installed.

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if all these aftermarket systems that people are mentioning can be done for cheap, will still function the first time you get caught in a downpour because you left your top at home or the first time that big mud pit on the trail runs up into your interior?

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

IMO, that depends if you've already upgraded to mid or high or not. $1500 isn't going to get you much especially installed.
I honestly thought someone said Lux was like 5000. If its 1500 then I agree.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from what we know currently, Lux is $5k, some trims have already mid or what ever as 'standard', so it's cheaper there (but you still pay the 5k or so with the base price of that model of course).
I hope they bring the price for the Lux down a bit, I want the good stereo and just hope it's good. But the $5k and the ridiculous supposed price for dual top has me pricing out a Rubicon again.

We won't know until they finalize prizing and actually let us look at it and we'll still have to buy blind, since nobody will have had an option to compare standard audio to upgraded BO.

My 17 year old Taco actually has a pretty good sound system standard, never felt the need to even add a sub, which I had in my prior car (and it's still somewhere in the garage).

I also don't blast music as loud as I used to, years of concerts and loud music at home left a constantly ringing reminder in my ears ;-)

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It may be $5k, but that price includes the mid and high packages. $5k is a whole lot more than just the stereo if your coming from the standard package.

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
In general, there are fewer headaches to rip and replace (upgrade) the base sound system than an optional, high-end OEM setup. I’ll be sticking with the base audio and replacing the speakers, adding a sub, and potentially replacing the head unit.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
More than happy to spend 2300 on lux for B&O and ACC. Plus some other stuff that gets llooped in. To put things in perspective wife just hit me up for window treatments and some new furniture. The lux package is the equivalent of just 2 windows. And less than than cost of one sofa. I could care less of any of this stuff but I’ll enjoy the lux package 100 times over than any of the other BS I’m asked to purchase. COL is no joke these days and it certainly puts things in perspective. This car is one thing I’ll truly enjoy and will reach way deeper to get things I actually appreciate.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Me with the base system:
Ford Bronco B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Is it worth it? How about stand-a-lone purchase $$ kramer1

Me with the B&O system:
Ford Bronco B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Is it worth it? How about stand-a-lone purchase $$ kramer2

I guess what I'm saying is… to my screechy tinnitus earholes, I won't be able to tell one damn bit of difference. ?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are you saying you can keep the "lower" audio system and use this harness and add amp, inputs, etc...?

How hard do you think it will be to upgrade existing speakers that could handle a better amp?
They are probably standard sizes behind factory grills. Typically a few screws or clips to get by. Crutchfield and others will sell connectors that will fit into the factory connectors. I ran regular auto grade speakers in my Jeep but I might even look into marine grade speakers for the Bronco.

Either way, Crutchfield will be a source of knowledge for do it yourselfers. (My account has order history back to my Jetta in 1996, and I know I bought stuff from them for my 240z in high school.)

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't been impressed with any of the B&O's I've heard, but I do consider myself an audiophile. I used to be in Car Audio sales and installation. My old F-150 with the Shaker audio and sub in the rear was the best factory unit I've ever owned.
For the Bronco, I intend to get the 12" headunit without the B&O and swap the speakers out for a high quality piece not made of paper. Some JBL's or similar, maybe even marine grade.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't turned the radio on in my car for 3 years straight now. So I'm not exactly the target audience. But back when I was in my early 20's inexpensive aftermarket speakers were far better than the expensive versions from the factory.
Sponsored