First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The B&O stereo is really the only option in the Lux package that I want, but I'm sure that opting for a model with the lux package plus all those add ons would really jack the price up. Jeep makes the alpine stereo an individual option on practically every model. Has anyone "examined" (I know - internet pictures aren't exactly detailed at this point) the speaker mounts on the lesser, 6 speaker stereo to see how difficult it would be to simply upgrade the speakers with aftermarket? Seems like a very cheap and easy solution... We'll see if ford makes the B&O stereo optional individually I guess...
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The B&O stereo is really the only option in the Lux package that I want, but I'm sure that opting for a model with the lux package plus all those add ons would really jack the price up. Jeep makes the alpine stereo an individual option on practically every model. Has anyone "examined" (I know - internet pictures aren't exactly detailed at this point) the speaker mounts on the lesser, 6 speaker stereo to see how difficult it would be to simply upgrade the speakers with aftermarket? Seems like a very cheap and easy solution... We'll see if ford makes the B&O stereo optional individually I guess...
jeep does require at least its mid level entertainment screen. Which with the audio package is $2300 total from base 5” to 7” with audio.
I imagine ford will offer a Stereo option for the mid package w/o lux.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As I've mentioned before, if the only option you want is the B&O stereo, it appears you have to pay tens of thousands of dollars over the base model to get it, along with a mountain of other stuff you might not want.

I'm kind of hoping the base stereo is very good.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i estimated my own build out $$ by comparing Jeep's Wrangler build website. For what it's worth, i made the assumption that if you have the high package, you could get B&O as a standalone without stepping up the lux. Similar to Wrangler. Not sure if B&O will be offered as a standalone on mid package.

Another temptation in the lux package is adaptive cruise. Hoping that will also be a standalone but highly doubt it, as that type of tech tends to be packaged.

I was estimating outer banks 4 dr as - $42.5k + $2k modular hardtop (maybe a few hundred more) + $2k leather (maybe a few hundred less) + $2k high package + $1k B&O standalone - so $49.5k plus destination. Similar optioned Sahara is $47.xxk (net price) so MSRP is probably in the same ballpark.

OP
OP

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly my thoughts on the subject...I'm kinda in between on the mid vs high packages but the stereo matters to me. Another question: no navigation with the 12 inch screen upgrade on the high package??? Am I missing something here? Gotta get the lux for that as well??

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly my thoughts on the subject...I'm kinda in between on the mid vs high packages but the stereo matters to me. Another question: no navigation with the 12 inch screen upgrade on the high package??? Am I missing something here? Gotta get the lux for that as well??
Apple car play / android auto has become the more common way for navigation in the car world. Particularly because google maps are dominating the field. So in many instances, it isnt packaged when you step up to the bigger screen (as it was just a few years ago). In-car navi (garmin based, etc) is still being offered, but now it is reserved to either a standalone option, or defaults to more of a nuanced tech package (which is what the lux package is - stereo, wireless charging, etc). Unfortunately, in this case, if you are off-roading, it is more important to have given cell reception.

OP
OP

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My infiniti is a little older and I don't have Android auto (holding out for bronco - for apparently another year?)... Does Android auto display Google maps from my phone on the screen?

Thomas1984

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man if the stereo is the only option you want in the lux, please get a base model and install a custom stereo from professional people in a store, you’ll save $$$

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man if the stereo is the only option you want in the lux, please get a base model and install a custom stereo from professional people in a store, you’ll save $$$
Truth there!! An aftermarket stereo system will beat any factory one hands down!!

BigMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150, 2015 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not only is the B&O upgrade a bit of a rip off so is the navigation. If you want a similar experience with the Nav system to what you receive with android auto or apple carplay keep in mind it works off SirusXM traffic. This is the coverage map where thing like traffic and accident notifications are available https://www.siriusxm.com/siriusxmtraffic/marketcoverage?desktop=yes

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want to save some money yet get likely even better sound quality, my suggestion is to just get that standard stereo that comes with the trim you want, but upgrade your speakers. If you change them all out for whatever brand and series you want, that sound will likely be even better in the mid range than the B&O.

I did that in a car I had without an upgraded stereo and I just blew away my expectations. This was a 2004 3 series.

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My infiniti is a little older and I don't have Android auto (holding out for bronco - for apparently another year?)... Does Android auto display Google maps from my phone on the screen?
Yes, Android Auto connects with your phone to display maps and such from your phone. You can also play music from your phone through your vehicle's audio system.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apple car play / android auto has become the more common way for navigation in the car world. Particularly because google maps are dominating the field. So in many instances, it isnt packaged when you step up to the bigger screen (as it was just a few years ago). In-car navi (garmin based, etc) is still being offered, but now it is reserved to either a standalone option, or defaults to more of a nuanced tech package (which is what the lux package is - stereo, wireless charging, etc). Unfortunately, in this case, if you are off-roading, it is more important to have given cell reception.
Think another benefit for the upgraded stereo and Nav besides being Garmin is that offline ability with maps. Doesn't take long to get into a trail and not have any cell service and sometimes Nav won't work if you need to change anything.

Just to add a PSA, you always take another GPS/comm device when on trails or a hike really.

Garmin in reach and a cheap HAM radio are almost must haves.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think another benefit for the upgraded stereo and Nav besides being Garmin is that offline ability with maps. Doesn't take long to get into a trail and not have any cell service and sometimes Nav won't work if you need to change anything.

Just to add a PSA, you always take another GPS/comm device when on trails or a hike really.

Garmin in reach and a cheap HAM radio are almost must haves.
I always keep a SPOT on me too when hunting, etc. for real emergencies.

The "connected" navigation is actually designed to be used in poor reception areas in cooperation with Telenav not SiriusXM Traffic like before.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/07/2...rid navigation solution,Ford Bronco and F-150.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Truth there!! An aftermarket stereo system will beat any factory one hands down!!
While that's probably true, it's worth noting that the upgraded systems in other Ford vehicles (they used to team with Sony before B&O) also include a separate amp, so it's not just the speakers and radio you're paying for. It's still pricey but I've always found the factory upgraded system more than adequate, and no 20-something installer breaking my door panel clips is necessary. ;)

Edit to add: They also install more speakers than the base stereo system, including a sub.
Sponsored

Last edited: