Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a DVC 4 ohm. And you will need to modify the box for an aftermarket to fit.
That was fast, thanks! I'm opening it up to find the rattles, figured may as well upgrade while I'm in there.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Read all the posts but didn't find what I'm looking for to swap the sub. Do I need a dual voice coil 2 or 4 ohm sub?
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20648CT82/Kicker-48CWRT82.html
or
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_20648CT84/Kicker-48CWRT84.html?tp=111
The sensitivity on both of those Kicker subs is only 81.8 db which I’m guessing is much lower efficiency than the B&O sub. If that’s the case, you will need to upgrade the amplifier as well as I’m sure the factory amp is already underpowered.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That was fast, thanks! I'm opening it up to find the rattles, figured may as well upgrade while I'm in there.
Read this thread. Lots of good info before you jump in. I posted some info on swapping sub and chasing rattles.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sub-installed-on-base-bronco-…-sorta….37207/

I honestly don’t know if the stock enclosure and location can handle much more bass than the stock sub. It’s hard enough to get the cheap crappy stock sub rattle free.

Sponsored
OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the compact 8" subs I found are 82 to 84 db, Audio Frog hits 91 but I've never heard of them and it's more expensive than other subs.

@Ksjrb03 , thanks for the link! So what sub are you going with?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best of luck guys. Appreciate you trailblazing as I hope to piggyback down the road after you’ve figured it all out for us.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All the compact 8" subs I found are 82 to 84 db, Audio Frog hits 91 but I've never heard of them and it's more expensive than other subs.

You don’t necessarily need a compact sub. You have 4” depth to work with. Any sub you buy will require modifications to the enclosure. I haven’t decided yet, I’m taking a little break from the project. Life will be busy for a few weeks. Let us know what you go with!

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll do something, have a pile of parts to install so I have plenty to keep me busy. Thinking of replacing all the speakers while I have everything open.

March to do list:
Rock Slide Engineering steps - ready to install
3 channel dash cam - ready to install
Bimini top - ready to install
LED RBG interior lighting - multi zone - ready to install
Tailgate table - ready to install
TrailRax Trail Sight Mount - on pre-order
Hood struts - on pre-order
Soft Top struts - on pre-order
Rokblokz mud flaps - waiting list
Shackles - ordering
Bronco Buster BusterBrace - ordering

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

dogonco

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Audio Frog is top-of-the-line stuff. Look in the high-end car forums and you'll see them as one of the top 3 in the industry.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it has been stated that we need a Dual Voice Coil 4ohm sub, and I just want to clarify how the B&O is wired, since a DVC can be wired in multiple ways.

I am looking at Polk speakers for any upgrades, and their 8" DVC is advertised as 4ohm, but the specs say this:

Dual 4Ω Voice Coils: This woofer features dual 4Ω voice coils, for wiring flexibility. When the voice coils are wired in parallel, the woofer presents a 2Ω load. When wired in series, the woofer presents an 8Ω load.

Shouldn't I be looking for a 2ohm or 8ohm DVC that can be wired as 4ohms, depending upon how the B&O is wired??

Edit: So looking at the diagram, it looks like each of the voice coils is wired separately (not series or parallel), so the 4ohm is exactly what I need. Gonna order it, but definitely would like confirmation to silence the confusion I caused myself. Lol

Last edited:

MKZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So it has been stated that we need a Dual Voice Coil 4ohm sub, and I just want to clarify how the B&O is wired, since a DVC can be wired in multiple ways.

I am looking at Polk speakers for any upgrades, and their 8" DVC is advertised as 4ohm, but the specs say this:

Dual 4Ω Voice Coils: This woofer features dual 4Ω voice coils, for wiring flexibility. When the voice coils are wired in parallel, the woofer presents a 2Ω load. When wired in series, the woofer presents an 8Ω load.

Shouldn't I be looking for a 2ohm or 8ohm DVC that can be wired as 4ohms, depending upon how the B&O is wired??

Edit: So looking at the diagram, it looks like each of the voice coils is wired separately (not series or parallel), so the 4ohm is exactly what I need. Gonna order it, but definitely would like confirmation to silence the confusion I caused myself. Lol

the stock B&O amp has a channel for each coil so its not parallel or series.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to get confirmation. I literally just finished wiring it in. 😂

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the stock B&O amp has a channel for each coil so its not parallel or series.
Depending on how the stock B&O amp is designed, it could be either 2 separate 4 ohm channels or a single bridged 2 ohm channel. Either way, you need a 4ohm per coil DVC sub. Another poster tried a 2ohm dvc and the amp protection circuit cut in immediately.
Sponsored