Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On the towing, if I install a hitch and wiring myself, that is likely to be easy (is on the Wrangler). The question I have is: will the Trailer Sway software be enabled if I don’t order the tow package, and if not, is there a way to enable it?
I believe I read somewhere the tow package would not include Trailer Sway Control. I'll come back to edit this comment to confirm if I'm right or wrong about that...

Edit: another user found that's it is indeed included as standard on all models

@Pancho Kornwallace to your question about the tow package, one "plus" for getting it put on at the factory is it will not interfere with the Bronco's departure angle. An aftermarket one probably will. If you don't care about that sort of thing (i.e. you won't be doing crazy rock crawling) it's a mute point.

Also, factory warranty is always a plus.

Bronco tow package:
Ford Bronco B&P Features That I Don't Understand 86B14E10-33E5-4495-9444-042A98590681

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe I read somewhere the tow package would not include Trailer Sway Control. I'll come back to edit this comment confirm if I'm right or wrong about that...

@Pancho Kornwallace to your question about the tow package, one "plus" for getting it put on at the factory is it will not interfer with the Broncos departure angle. An aftermarket one probably will. If you don't care about that sort of thing (I.e. you won't be doing crazy rock crawling) it's a mute point.

An aftermarket hitch shouldn't affect departure angle much if at all. It's pretty simple setup. I don't see why an aftermarket manufacturer would make on that hangs down any more than Ford's.

Aftermarket will also, most likely, have a lifetime warranty on the hitch. Wiring will likely only be a year warranty.

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Pass is completely separate from the keypad. Ford Pass is a cell phone app, the keypad is a physical device. Look at almost any other Ford to see what the keypad might look like.
This is the keypad.
Ford Bronco B&P Features That I Don't Understand kpad

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An aftermarket hitch shouldn't affect departure angle much if at all. It's pretty simple setup. I don't see why an aftermarket manufacturer would make on that hangs down any more than Ford's.
On many SUVs the rear roll pan has a cutout for the hitch with the factory tow package and no cutout without the tow package. Aftermarket hitches for vehicles that did not have a factory tow package place the receiver lower to clear this without modifying the bodywork.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my keypad on my truck. I use it all the time. Example: out doing yard work need to open the garage don't have my key fob... Bomb type code open for them open garage. I just love it.
Or going on a trail hide the keys in the truck use the keypad to open it.
Um, please tell me the garage door opener won’t work in a parked Bronco with no roof . . .

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe I read somewhere the tow package would not include Trailer Sway Control. I'll come back to edit this comment to confirm if I'm right or wrong about that...

Edit: just checked Bronco B&P which is riddled with errors and inconsistencies, but I added a screenshot of the tow package at the end of this comment.

@Pancho Kornwallace to your question about the tow package, one "plus" for getting it put on at the factory is it will not interfere with the Bronco's departure angle. An aftermarket one probably will. If you don't care about that sort of thing (i.e. you won't be doing crazy rock crawling) it's a mute point.

Bronco tow package:
Ford Bronco B&P Features That I Don't Understand kpad
Trailer Sway Control is listed in standard safety feature list. Checked both base and badlands.
Ford Bronco B&P Features That I Don't Understand BadlandTrailer

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is a great point you bring up. Garage door opener with open roof...let’s hope there is some way to disable it.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Isn’t that a hard place to access ?
I’m confident in my ability to put it somewhere easily accessible... some people may not be problem solvers ?‍♂

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On many SUVs the rear roll pan has a cutout for the hitch with the factory tow package and no cutout without the tow package. Aftermarket hitches for vehicles that did not have a factory tow package place the receiver lower to clear this without modifying the bodywork.
Ford Bronco B&P Features That I Don't Understand Bronco_parts_03

Not really the case on the Bronco.

If whatever bumper you get has the plastic cover on it you may have to trim the plastic however. There's a photo floating around the forum of that as well.

Edit: found the photo

PXL_20201023_185801286.jpg

Last edited:

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The other benefit of the keypad (have it on my Fusion) is that you can park and run into the deli with the car running and A/C and tunes on for the dog and LOCK the car. I don't think the app will let you lock the car with it running (never tried) and you certainly can't lock with with the key fob when it is running. For those about to criticize leaving the dog in the car - the deli has street parking right in front and the car is always visible from inside.
You can lock it he car with the app and leave it running. I do this in the 2020 explorer st all the time

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trailer Sway Control is listed in standard safety feature list. Checked both base and badlands.
Ford Bronco B&P Features That I Don't Understand PXL_20201023_185801286
Thanks for finding that. Interesting it's listed as standard on base even though base can't get the tow package. I'm sure it's just a standard software Ford includes in all their trucks and SUVs. I wonder if a guy could enable it after going with an aftermarket setup

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um, please tell me the garage door opener won’t work in a parked Bronco with no roof . . .
Dude that is a really good point! Haha
Sponsored