Sponsored

B&P "oddities"... starting to think the Bronco is UnSafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm sure all the "bugs" will be worked out... soon.
Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Samurai didnt actually have those issues, but was rather targeted by Consumer Reports. I think Ford has been aware of rollover issues because of the rollovers with the Explorers that were flipping “due to Firestone tires”. Ford actually had a design flaw with its wheelbase and revised the Explorer to have a wider wheelbase on the next model to correct the issue. Bronco seems to be plenty wide. I’m not worried.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I won't even try to list them, but everyone has now been made aware that there are some real strange things going on with Trims and Options and what you can't get with what. In many of those cases, there almost seems to be a weight theme or some sort of physics coming into play.

Just starting to wonder if the Bronco design is so close to the edge that we literally can't do things like add a roof rack with Sasquatch because the Bronco will flip in hard turns (was that the Suzuki Samurai issue back in the day?)

Anyone thinking that with all this BS, bad proof reading, and chaos, that reading between the lines might indicate a serious safety flaw in the Bronco Design?
No, I think they just need to correct some things.

You can add a roof rack on a 2-door Basquatch. Should be able to add it on other trims.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I won't even try to list them, but everyone has now been made aware that there are some real strange things going on with Trims and Options and what you can't get with what. In many of those cases, there almost seems to be a weight theme or some sort of physics coming into play.

Just starting to wonder if the Bronco design is so close to the edge that we literally can't do things like add a roof rack with Sasquatch because the Bronco will flip in hard turns (was that the Suzuki Samurai issue back in the day?)

Anyone thinking that with all this BS, bad proof reading, and chaos, that reading between the lines might indicate a serious safety flaw in the Bronco Design?
toyota 4runners have the highest rollover rate of all large SUVs. slightly better than the 2 door wrangler (24.6% vs 27.9%). wrangler being the highest of all vehicles.

and people buy 4runners and wranglers left and right for decades

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

you can do Sasquatch and rails 4door OBX at the moment

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t think it has anything to do with height and tipping over. I think a 4dr Squatch with V6 is pushing the GVWR limit. And then if you put a roof rack with 450 pounds of gear in it, you would technically be over the allowed GVWR limit. So I don’t think Ford can sell it that way from the factory, but there is nothing stopping you from adding it “aftermarket”. But that’s just my reading on the situation.
Ford Bronco B&P "oddities"... starting to think the Bronco is UnSafe? 39DF56FC-27D5-42DE-B12C-23345EF276FB

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t think it has anything to do with height and tipping over. I think a 4dr Squatch with V6 is pushing the GVWR limit. And then if you put a roof rack with 450 pounds of gear in it, you would technically be over the allowed GVWR limit. So I don’t think Ford can sell it that way from the factory, but there is nothing stopping you from adding it “aftermarket”. But that’s just my reading on the situation.
Ford Bronco B&P "oddities"... starting to think the Bronco is UnSafe? 39DF56FC-27D5-42DE-B12C-23345EF276FB
Exactly why some can and some cant get the configurations to work. A great reason to go 2 DR!!

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes. Huuuuge safety issues with this car, but they can be resolved by staying under a certain weight. So before you take delivery, Ford is going to weigh and take "center of gravity" data on each owner, their family, and every potential driver and passenger and you'll have to sign off that those will be the only people in your Bronco. Further, they they will have to sign a waiver that they can't ride in it if their weight has changed unless they have been re-certified at a Ford dealership.

This weight and balance app (technically the Weight, Height, Inertia Never Exceed Recommendation, or WHINER), was supposed to launch BEFORE B&P but Ford screwed up the rollout. You were supposed to have to complete an online body mass survey before doing B&P, that way it could estimate which trims/options you were eligible to purchase based on your weight/COG profile. If any of your passenger/family members' WAP (Weight and Physics) exceeded the portionable margin of seating in your selected vehicle, you were to be directed to the commercial vehicle webpage, specifically the dump-body applications page.

Again, Ford flubs another portion of the Bronco rollout - this thing is doomed, people will be cancelling reservations all day long unless the cancellation system goes down also.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand everyone is frustrated with B&P - but is it THAT hard to understand that the engineers in product development and manufacturing....you know the ones that actually affect the final product. Have NOTHING to do with the IT / WebDesign teams.
This. Ford’s rollout of this vehicle has been iffy. But Michigan assembly is one of the best Ford plants, it’s got a legacy powertrain, and ford has experience with the raptor. No matter how messed up the launch etc is I am fully confident the actual vehicle will be great.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

By your logic, V6 is heavier than I4 = lower center of gravity for V6, therefore the V6 should be able to have a roof rack.

2DR shorter wheelbase, more apt to tip, should not have a roofrack.

Using your logic it seems that Ford is making it MORE dangerous.
I like this. Let’s get this conspiracy theory started that Ford is trying to kill all bronco owners?? sadly enough I feel like a lot of people would think it’s real and believe it

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

39DF56FC-27D5-42DE-B12C-23345EF276FB.jpeg
SO this is the kind of legit remark I was looking for and the point of my post (not specifically about flipping). So it seems like the GVWR Limit (or it's potential with things placed ON the roof rack) may be the culprit, aside of the B&P just being overall F'd up. So it sort of is a Safety issue, just not a conspiracy thing!

So I add a V6 on a 4 Door, and now can't add something else that is heavy (regardless of it's Center of Gravity Placement).

Thanks @codydb19 .... @Administrator this thread can now be locked :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.