First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I know it’s been discussed a lot but I thought of something today that doesn’t make sense to me. We know the 2.7 will force the sound deadening to drop. It’s been assumed it’s a weight issue. We have also been lead to believe the modular top is heavier than the MIC. If that’s all true why can we build the 2.7 with the modular top? I find it difficult to believe the felt is heavier than the difference between tops. Are there more B&P corrections coming? Other than the additional accessories being added in March?
Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I believe orders start on Jan. 19. Hoping to see some updates by then, but i'm not holding my breath. Ford is supposed to have a new black interior option on the FE, it sure would be nice to see what it looks like before deciding on it. I've heard the Ford IT folks referred as Rockstars, the site is a joke, Ford and the folks working on the site should be ashamed of it. I feel bad for the design team that did such a great job on the Bronco, it's pitty the website is reflecting so bad on it.

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As has been discussed ad nauseum, B&P is nothing more than a rough guide. You won't know what you can really do until you go to the dealer to put in your real order, and even then expect some WTF moments.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As has been discussed ad nauseum, B&P is nothing more than a rough guide. You won't know what you can really do until you go to the dealer to put in your real order, and even then expect some WTF moments.
Sorry don't mean to beat a dead horse or in this case a dead Bronco. But I can go to any other auto maker's website and build a exact vehicle and not a rough guide of one.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I know it’s been discussed a lot but I thought of something today that doesn’t make sense to me. We know the 2.7 will force the sound deadening to drop. It’s been assumed it’s a weight issue. We have also been lead to believe the modular top is heavier than the MIC. If that’s all true why can we build the 2.7 with the modular top? I find it difficult to believe the felt is heavier than the difference between tops. Are there more B&P corrections coming? Other than the additional accessories being added in March?
When I configure the OBX 2.7 with mod top, it allows the sound deadening feature.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry don't mean to beat a dead horse or in this case a dead Bronco. But I can go to any other auto maker's website and build a exact vehicle and not a rough guide of one.

Well, par for the course. This is why almost no one would ever allow so much access before a model is even ready for production. I doubt Ford ever does this again.
How many B&P tools are there for models that have yet to be produced? Ford really messed this up, and part of it was trying to give us so much info up front. They should have waited.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

#rockstars

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waited, I agree but until when? In 8 days and 3 hours they are taking orders. I think now would be a good time to straighten it the f@#k out.

You really think they will take your order in 8 days? I'm actually going to be shocked if they do.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm pretty sure Ford said the BnP would be updated “in March”, so most likely after the order window closes, unless it gets backed up again.
Random guess - will change to MY22

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point here’s how I view the B&P tool. It’s like your friend Larry who’s hammered again. Trouble is Larry is wicked smart at some things but bloody lacking in others. Ya just gotta say “ok Larry, come on man...we’re going this way. Follow me”. Then just ignore what Larry is talking about and go talk to your dealer. ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm pretty sure Ford said the BnP would be updated “in March”, so most likely after the order window closes, unless it gets backed up again.
Well that sounds about right. After I order my $65k Bronco, I can go on B & P to see what I wanted but can't have because my order is alraedy in. Even as a type this I'm Laughing my a_s off. I feel like we're on the show Punked and Ashton Kutcher is going to come running out with a camera man.
Ford Bronco B&P still having issues? llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Sponsored

Last edited: