John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not with a 7 pin connector but in my experience the only purpose for a 7 pin is to work electric brakes and with only a 3500 lb towing capacity I doubt any trailer I would pull would be equipped with those. That was my thoughts on it anyway...
Electric brake controller is an official Bronco accessory.

Until I get mine and discover what all the switches do, most vehicles with a tow package have a button to shut off overdrive while towing. You don't get that with a $125 hitch from etrailer
Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All of the automatics have a trans cooler regardless of tow package or not. It's integrated with the radiator.

Manuals do not but it's also not as big of an issue for them staying cool.
Yes, and thanks for clarifying.

I should have said "doesn't have an HD trans cooler like some tow packages do".

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get a Curt hitch for $112 or so plus tax. You can get the Ford trailer light adapter kit (four-pin only) for $88 before shipping.

For $200 plus taxes and shipping you're getting a hitch and four pin, and you have to install it yourself. If you want the constant power of a 7-pin, then you have to do some more wiring. This is the route I'm taking.

However, if you want a trailer brake, you pretty much need the factory tow package. It comes with a separate trailer light controller in the rear left cargo area. Plus it adds wiring to add a trailer brake controller so it can seamlessly work with the existing safety systems, like trailer sway control.

You can technically add all of that after-sale, but it would be more expensive. Programming the trailer tow module requires IDS and VIN programming, which means it'll have to be a dealer install.
Thanks for that info that is what I have been looking for! So I may go back and add the towing package after all. I tried searching in the pdf version of the manual I found online which hints at a tow/haul mode also
Ford Bronco B&P updated once more 1631726127139

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When did the pod lights disappear? I must of been sleeping...

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't want to be Debbie downer but I doubt you will see that. The base exists to advertise a low starting price. I'm honestly shocked at the amount of options ot does have.
Well Debbie, lol j/k, it wouldn't affect the starting price if it is an additional option. I wish they'd address the tires on both the base and BB. Only the OB should have those terrible street tires. At least put some A/T's on these things Ford!!

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well Debbie, lol j/k, it wouldn't affect the starting price if it is an additional option. I wish they'd address the tires on both the base and BB. Only the OB should have those terrible street tires. At least put some A/T's on these things Ford!!
I know it wouldn't affect the price, but then it gives no incentive for customers to move up a trim level. which is why the base is so limited on options and colors, so people move up.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For MY22 hope to see locking diff and tow package as options on base ..
Rear locking differential is included in the Sasquatch package.

petengineer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TFL offroad covers Ford hitch install in one of their videos..6:35...seems getting/installing the ford hitch after the fact is not easy or cheap

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco B&P updated once more 1631734447207

The vehicle image has been updated for the "Top - Blackflip, Soft Canvas" option. Before if you selected, it just removed the roof, now it looks like it's the Bestop soft top.

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rear locking differential is included in the Sasquatch package.
Yep, that is my current plan.

Sasquatch is overkill for my uses though, so if I could spend $570 for a locker (B&P F150 price) instead of $5,790 for sasquatch package I would be happy.

No biggie though, not the end of the world.

Just seeing it as an option on "base" XL ranger's and F150 gives me a little hope that maybe? Someday?

TankCommander

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have these wheels always been available on the Base?

Ford Bronco B&P updated once more B3B046DC-90A8-4576-A003-A1480F851727

I don't know about Base but these wheels became an option on the OBX awhile ago. Several threads specific to this wheel are out there. They use to be an option on the Ranger under the STX package. They should be 18 x 8".

Mmartini

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Under the accessories there is an option for steel full body bash plates. Would that give the base the same protection as the black diamond? I never realized that was an option on the base.